What is path of building creators waiting for ?

"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
alhazred70 wrote:
I've read some dumb stuff on this forum over the years but the idea that GGG owes the playerbase a meta gaming tool to simulate a build might just take the cake.

The entitlement isn't just some guy asking for the free work being done on PoB to be performed faster.

Considering their in-game information is faulty for many of their own creations (dots and minions), and incomplete for even more, not to mention having no QoL when selecting passive points (not even the bare minimum "+x% dps")....I wouldn't really consider some sort of PoB-like in-game tool to be entitlement. I would consider it par/bare minimum for the genre, and an area that GGG has always lagged way behind in. We don't need a simulator that rises to the level of PoB, but we certainly need a LOT more available info. Especially for things like buff calculations, minions, dots, etc.

It's also not a "demand", as if its owed. It is a request and a suggestion to GGG to provide a tool like that in-game, so that IF AND WHEN PoB shuts down...the game isn't left holding the bag. It is so popular and rather necessary because of the faults within the game.

I don't begrudge asking for a reasonably accurate tooltip that seems reasonable. Its easier said than done ofc.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
funplayer wrote:
"
Scarletsword wrote:
Go ahead, learn to code LUA and add the gems yourself.

https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding

What's taking you so long?

Lua is scripting not coding.

That is lesson #1. *hits with bamboo stick*

modifying scripting and markup languages is commonly called coding even by software engineers. Give the stick back to the teacher and stop disrupting class.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info