Retaliation just saved Melee MEGA BIG TIME

Melee was looking pretty mid, just 3.24 again.
But these retaliation and exertion gems are way too imbalanced. Like very seriously imbalanced.

Using one Warcry would make the overexertion gem be a contender for a slot, but 18% PER warcry is so strong that there probably is not a single stronger non-build-enabling support gem in game in any form.
It's 65% more damage per average 3 warcry build, but no reason to stop there.

Quick PoB looks that a 50 divine 6L Ground slam + 6L Crushing Fist is going to one shot everything except Uber Pinnacle bosses. Uber Pinnacle bosses can be one shot if "triple damage" procs.

You can get block cap with 3 passives + Glancing Blow with a 25% implicit block War Staff.

Getting a block off of any boss is not hard either - just go melee range and the odds of getting hit at least once with 75% block chance is about 95%.

Not to mention you can use multiple retaliation skills.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Jul 24, 2024, 8:09:18 AM
Last bumped on Jul 28, 2024, 9:35:20 AM
You can't exert retaliation skills, reason = no fun
You've just killed melee. Shame on you
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
Quick PoB looks that a 50 divine 6L Ground slam + 6L Crushing Fist is going to one shot everything except Uber Pinnacle bosses. Uber Pinnacle bosses can be one shot if "triple damage" procs.

On softcore without defences?
how can it saves anything, experts say update 100% suck

and we already knew lvl 1 value of eviscarate
674% compared to lacerate 171% ratio 3.9
now we have lvl 20 1374 compared to lacerate 393 ratio 3.41

and the exertion supp was already extremely strong lvl 1.
melee phys supp for instance starts at 30 and goes up to 54 + intimidate with the awakened version so, doubling from lvl 1

those news media outlet experts are really quick to change for no reason. or maybe they were wroong
The joke is, that molten strike of zenith's fifth magma ball deals more damage than these silly retaliation skills. 1 single ball (2 in crushing fist's case).

Imo, people are baiting themselves super hard with these new gems.

Also, the whole conditional (after block) use case screams of one thing to me: Crazy abuse of AHK and other button pressing macros just to make the whole concept feel less clunky.
Last edited by gabpla111 on Jul 24, 2024, 4:27:47 AM
Amazing how many bait posts comes from a single account.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
"
gabpla111 wrote:
Crazy abuse of AHK

The game is barely playable without it. This "vision" from 90's and game design based on it is so stale as rotten egg. You just don't have a choice.
Disagree. Plenty of instances where Block does nothing for you. And so the skill won't be usable.

If anything, they made it worse by removing Reckoning, Riposte and Vengeance. Removing Vengeance killed my Candle Runner (self-hit, auto-proc Vengeance) build. Deleting all of these basically removed Auto-Debilitate (1s) and sustain from Life on Hit.

I don't like more skills on my skill bar. To me, all this melee patch did was make me not want to play it. Buffed skills, disguised nerfs all around. But the main kicker for me was the drastic and uncalled for change to Champion. That killed all my desire to go melee this league.
"
Goshiebobo wrote:
You can't exert retaliation skills, reason = no fun

You don't have to. A good Ground Slam build right now can reach 15M damage per hit without warcries. Now disable range, 5x the hit damage and enable warcries, cull etc. for the Slam. 100-150M damage per both attacks in 1-2 seconds.

"
Disagree. Plenty of instances where Block does nothing for you. And so the skill won't be usable.

Not a single endgame boss has a non-invulnerable phase where you cannot get hit by an attack.

"
cursorTarget wrote:

On softcore without defences?

You can maybe even play on it in a few days :)
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Jul 24, 2024, 8:01:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info