Im all in this league - new PC

"
Pashid wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

Nah i refuse to believe you are actually genuinely serious about everything in your post so i will just assume you are trolling for giggles

He is cause you already don't need a 4090 or something that doesn't exist yet in order to enjoy 4k with top performance.
You could already even run 4k years ago on various games with way weaker hardware just fine with top fps but the biggest issue nowadays is the poor optimization of some games. (yes I'm talking about all the glorious new released and rushed cash grab triple A titles on the market)

1440p is certainly also not outdated as it just started to became more and more popular with the easier access to powerful and cheap hardware.
He already gave you 3 pretty terrible examples, that alone tells you a lot about the seriousness.

Cyberpunk 2077 a game known for it's bad optimization, modded minecraft and skyrim both known to be also bottle necked by poorly optimized mods along with minecrafts biggest issue being java lol.

I wanna play minecraft on 69420k with my 420K RTX on 60 fps you guys playing on 4k in 2024? lol peasants its so outdated! you guys live in the past i live in the future we are not the same!
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
Nah i refuse to believe

Sure...

Meantime building new rig to reach DDR-5 8200+ MHz

Last edited by cursorTarget on Jul 22, 2024, 5:12:41 AM
"
cursorTarget wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
Nah i refuse to believe

Sure...

Meantime building new rig to reach DDR-5 8200+ MHz

good for you its funny how elitist you sound like and are bragging about it
"
Pashid wrote:
You can have the best pc in the world and minecraft with lots of mods will always cause fps issues thanks to java being just bad lol
Even a 5090 or 6090 won't change much about that

At the end user just doesn't have a choice. Java VM and the whole environment is not allowing to run MC consistently. So we have to maximize raw power of CPU / RAM to play modded MC. After 12.x it eats a lot, 16.x+ is a hell. Same goes to Arma.

"
1440p is certainly also not outdated

More or less. It's still playable, sure. I never said it's bad. But... you know, it doesn't exciting and doesn't give the tingles on my spine :) Especially if you have updated hardware which can hold such resolutions. It's completely different gaming experience. No way back to 1440 / 2k after that.

"
Gopstop22 wrote:
I wanna play minecraft on 69420k with my 420K RTX on 60 fps you guys playing on 4k in 2024? lol peasants its so outdated! you guys live in the past i live in the future we are not the same!

Dude, play whatever your want and however you want. But... please don't create threads like "Why my PoE is lagging, I have ultra powerful 4060 and i3 12100. Just bought it yesterday in second hand".
Last edited by cursorTarget on Jul 22, 2024, 5:30:30 AM
"
cursorTarget wrote:
"
Pashid wrote:
You can have the best pc in the world and minecraft with lots of mods will always cause fps issues thanks to java being just bad lol
Even a 5090 or 6090 won't change much about that

At the end user just doesn't have a choice. Java VM and the whole environment is not allowing to run MC consistently. So we have to maximize raw power of CPU / RAM to play modded MC. After 12.x it eats a lot, 16.x+ is a hell. Same goes to Arma.

"
1440p is certainly also not outdated

More or less. It's still playable, sure. I never said it's bad. But... you know, it doesn't exciting and doesn't give the tingles on my spine :) Especially if you have updated hardware which can hold such resolutions. It's completely different gaming experience. No way back to 1440 / 2k after that.

"
Gopstop22 wrote:

Dude, play whatever your want and however you want. But... please don't create threads like "Why my PoE is lagging, I have ultra powerful 4060 and i3 12100. Just bought it yesterday in second hand".

You can play whatever you want and however you want but....please dont create posts like "1440P is outdated and that 4090 isnt enough for modern applications we need more powerful gpus like RTX 69420K so i can play minecraft on 69k resolution!"
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Jul 22, 2024, 5:33:33 AM
"
cursorTarget wrote:

At the end user just doesn't have a choice. Java VM and the whole environment is not allowing to run MC consistently. So we have to maximize raw power of CPU / RAM to play modded MC. After 12.x it eats a lot, 16.x+ is a hell.

You can feed more ram into it sure but the performance experience is still meh.
Light modded or vanilla is fine, but go into the fun area with tons of mods and shit goes downhill even with a crazy amount of ram.
"

Especially if you have updated hardware which can hold such resolutions. It's completely different gaming experience. No way back to 1440 / 2k after that.

Very true on that. A downgrade in res feels always weird.
Same with fps, once you get to enjoy the higher refresh rates big fps drops become notable and trigger some level of annoyance lol
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jul 22, 2024, 5:45:30 AM
"
Big oof on the Intel. You should know they're having serious issues of late. And big oof on the ram, slow aaf.

And learn to build your self, " testing+ warranty"...good way to say rip off. I bet you payed like $150 for Windows too : /

But I can confirm 4080 is great.

Answered most of these already like I said I know how to build but choosing not to because of time.

The CPU im changing today when they open at 9am PST, the Ram is a easy fix if It is slow I can easily switch it out with something better didnt have many choices when it came to RAM but again that is a 5 minute fix.
Payed $10 upcharfe to switch to AMD Ryzen 7 was tempted to add another 4tb of storage but will wait until it arrives and add it myself.
RTX 5090 will be 48% faster than RTX 4090
RTX TITAN AI will be 10% faster than RTX 5090.

Gentlemen, prepare your wallets!
"
cursorTarget wrote:
RTX 5090 will be 48% faster than RTX 4090
RTX TITAN AI will be 10% faster than RTX 5090.

Gentlemen, prepare your wallets!

smart people with anything ffom 3080+ and 4070+ arent gonna prepare their wallets and waste money on getting more useless fps when they can already play on 1440P 100 fps
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Jul 26, 2024, 9:39:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info