Im all in this league - new PC

So I have always built my PC in the past and this one I have now is about 5 years old and always said I would upgrade as I went along but never did. So I decided to get a new computer as this new league starts, going on a cruise Monday morning and just put it my order thru Build Redux because I didnt want to bother putting it together myself. I usually dont make big purchases like this just for myself.

image upload

Last edited by Stormswa on Jul 20, 2024, 8:28:16 PM
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2024, 7:45:13 AM
A new PC is always exciting. I hope you love it!
I AM READY. Nov. 15th, here we come!
"
Stormswa wrote:
I usually dont make big purchases like this just for myself.

Worth investment for the next couple of years of who knows how many hundred hours of gaming fun with good performance.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
You're supposed to make upgrades every new league. Pre-built rigs are meh. When I've seen preinstalled Win 11 I couldn't resist not to laugh.
"
cursorTarget wrote:
You're supposed to make upgrades every new league. Pre-built rigs are meh. When I've seen preinstalled Win 11 I couldn't resist not to laugh.

Every new league? No. Every five years, which is how OP said it's been since last upgrade? Probably not a bad cadence. And not everybody is ready to graduate from padawan to full jedi - I bought pre-builts for years before building my latest. Q: How long have you been running Linux? You were sneering at Win11, so I'm just assuming you have a favourite distro.

OP, pay no mind to any nay-sayers. You have fun with your new PC.
I AM READY. Nov. 15th, here we come!
why dont you go with 7 7800X3D? the best cpu right now while intel is a scam heats up far more and draws far more power too
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Jul 21, 2024, 1:23:24 AM
"
cursorTarget wrote:

you are suppose to upgrade pc every 3 months? what?
Do yourself a favor and do not get that CPU. Intel's high end 13th/14th gen has serious issues with unusual fast degrading chips. No joke, look it up. You're better off getting yourself a 7800X3D. Or 7950X3D, if you really need that many cores.
Last edited by Ulsarek on Jul 21, 2024, 1:57:44 AM
Congrats man, enjoy.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
"
Ulsarek wrote:
Do yourself a favor and do not get that CPU. Intel's high end 13th/14th gen has serious issues with unusual fast degrading chips. No joke, look it up. You're better off getting yourself a 7800X3D. Or 7950X3D, if you really need that many cores.

indeed i saw on reddit alot of people complaining about intel 13/14th having big issues in PoE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info