Im all in this league - new PC

"
Gopstop22 wrote:
"
Ulsarek wrote:
Do yourself a favor and do not get that CPU. Intel's high end 13th/14th gen has serious issues with unusual fast degrading chips. No joke, look it up. You're better off getting yourself a 7800X3D. Or 7950X3D, if you really need that many cores.

indeed i saw on reddit alot of people complaining about intel 13/14th having big issues in PoE

What kind of issues cuz I have a thread opened about performence and some dude said it runs perfectly at 180+ standing at 30% on 14700k Intel
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
"
Ulsarek wrote:
Do yourself a favor and do not get that CPU. Intel's high end 13th/14th gen has serious issues with unusual fast degrading chips. No joke, look it up. You're better off getting yourself a 7800X3D. Or 7950X3D, if you really need that many cores.

indeed i saw on reddit alot of people complaining about intel 13/14th having big issues in PoE

What kind of issues cuz I have a thread opened about performence and some dude said it runs perfectly at 180+ standing at 30% on 14700k Intel

is not a poe only thing. Lots of reports saying that 13 and 14 gen have stability problems and short lifespan in general.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
Vendetta wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
"
Ulsarek wrote:

Performance will be good as long as your CPU stays alive. We're talking about hardware degradation here, your CPU basically "dying" over time and giving you all sorts of troubles while it's doing so. Blue screens, crashing your applications, failing to reach advertised clock speeds. There's more to it but I'm on mobile and these forums are ass.

You can find the science and technicalities behind it online. Reddit, YouTube or some reputable sources like Gamers Nexus. It's an interesting topic.

If I were to build right now, avoid Intel until next gen or straight up get an amd equivalent. They're superior in many ways anyway.
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
"
Ulsarek wrote:

well it doesnt happen to everyone but to alot of people
seems like they made some fixes with the new bios update... I will try and come back with details, last league my CPU stood at 100% on all cores in act 1...But since someone else said he doesn't have problems, I assumed is just some driver/windows issue, now I need to revise that because he didn't have a clue about what he was saying probably.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
That GPU is about to lose 30-40% of its value, what model is it?
that CPU has reliability issues, which is breaking news story
That RAM could be anything, what model? speeds? latencies?
You're usually better off with 2 smaller SSD drives as they cost far less than 1 giant one like that 4TB drive, which again, no make or model?
That CPU cooler is loud and doesn't perform as well as something like the arctic freezer 3

I assume Redux is a pc builder because I don't believe anyone else would recommend these parts, unless you're getting a very good deal.
I'd rather be the bearer of bad news than keep my tongue to not offend like most people seem to be doing.

For anyone else thinking about spending thousands on a PC, make sure you know some basics about what it is you're getting into, these system builders typically don't have your best interests at heart.
Spend some time checking out reviews of products at youtube channels like Gamers Nexus and educate yourselves to save yourself your hard earned money and make it go as far as possible.

A prime example of this is AMD is about to release its new generation of CPU's and towards September/October I expect Nvidia and AMD to start getting ready with their new gen of GPU's
This can have a HUGE impact on the prices of hardware, the amount of 'power' they provide and thus your bang for your buck. All these system builders/integrators know this, and so they'll be desperate to get rid of stock by offering what on paper at least looks like a great deal.

So while theres technically nothing wrong with this PC in the OP, its bought at the worst possible time, with apparently no understanding or information of critical things like brands and models of the components, and yes, that makes a huge difference

Please be careful
I'm no PC nerd - my current PC I just copied a popular Linus Tech Tips video a few years back and its been great. Hope yours is too.
This league is looking really fun and engaging. The mechanic is right up my alley as it doesn't look like it requires a PhD in PoE-losiphy... it's just a visual progression system with sick rewards and I'm really excited about making my team of map runners and testing that systems limitations.

6 days. Get ready team!
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
well i did get 7 5800X3D aswell just recently so i cant wait to see the difference in PoE cuz i went from 5 3600
"
Waitubold wrote:
Every new league? No. Every five years, which is how OP said it's been since last upgrade? Probably not a bad cadence. And not everybody is ready to graduate from padawan to full jedi - I bought pre-builts for years before building my latest. Q: How long have you been running Linux? You were sneering at Win11, so I'm just assuming you have a favourite distro.

OP, pay no mind to any nay-sayers. You have fun with your new PC.

Five years in IT is A LOT - it's two generations / specs of ALL components, not just CPU and GPU. If you don't have enough resources, upgrade your PC at least once a year. But ideally once per league (or half-year). It's kind of continuating process - you're looking constantly new components for your gaming rig.

PS Definetly, if you're pushing your FPS to the limits or just want to gain max performance having limited budget, ultra bloated and buggy office OS from Bloatsoft is definetely not your choice. U need something liteweighted and fast which can be easily configured. And yes, this is not Losedows 11 (especially 11).

Pre-built rigs are bad idea in general unless they are ordered by the bussiness / enterpise. Especailly if they're shipped with office OS. It's literally unbalanced overpriced scam. As you can see that dude bought Intel CPU. It just proves that. I bet, he also bought low speed memory paired together with 14th gen.

eversorgod
Yep, exactly! Buying 4080 (it's almost 2 y.o. GPU) and shitty intel's gen is pretty bad idea at this moment. Well, ppl don't care about their money, this is why we have degradation in quality of products from Intel, Seagate, ASUS and many more companies. It's too late, he already paid for that crap hardware.
Last edited by cursorTarget on Jul 21, 2024, 7:11:55 AM
"
cursorTarget wrote:
"
Waitubold wrote:
Every new league? No. Every five years, which is how OP said it's been since last upgrade? Probably not a bad cadence. And not everybody is ready to graduate from padawan to full jedi - I bought pre-builts for years before building my latest. Q: How long have you been running Linux? You were sneering at Win11, so I'm just assuming you have a favourite distro.

OP, pay no mind to any nay-sayers. You have fun with your new PC.

Five years in IT is A LOT - it's two generations / specs of ALL components, not just CPU and GPU. If you don't have enough resources, upgrade your PC at least once a year. But ideally once per league (or half-year). It's kind of continuating process - you're looking constantly new components for your gaming rig.

PS Definetly, if you're pushing your FPS to the limits or just want to gain max performance having limited budget, ultra bloated and buggy office OS from Bloatsoft is definetely not your choice. U need something liteweighted and fast which can be easily configured. And yes, this is not Losedows 11 (especially 11).

Pre-built rigs are bad idea in general unless they are ordered by the bussiness / enterpise. Especailly if they're shipped with office OS. It's literally unbalanced overpriced scam. As you can see that dude bought Intel CPU. It just proves that. I bet, he also bought low speed memory paired together with 14th gen.

eversorgod
Yep, exactly! Buying 4080 (it's almost 2 y.o. GPU) and shitty intel's gen is pretty bad idea at this moment. Well, ppl don't care about their money, this is why we have degradation in quality of products from Intel, Seagate, ASUS and many more companies. It's too late, he already paid for that crap hardware.

no one is upgrading their PC every year or every 3-4 months bruh what are you cooking if you bought super high end PC dont need to touch it for 5 years and its still gonna run on max settings for you on stable 100+ fps like if you were to buy right now 4090 and 7 7800X3D it would last for you as bare minimum for 5 years running everything on max on 1440P with no issues
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Jul 21, 2024, 8:26:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info