Im all in this league - new PC

"
Stormswa wrote:

For Ram its DDR5 5200 (PC5 41699)

Motherboard is Prime B650M-A AX

As for power source does not give any more info then ATX.

The RAM should be 6000mhz to take advantage of the 7800x3d properly
As long as its a mainstream brand the PSU will be fine, but at this price point you want something modular and gold rated. Its probably worth asking them what it actually is

The GPU manufacturer is Nvidia as you said, but the brand/model would be 'Gigabyte oc gaming' or 'Asus Tuf' as 2 better examples. It could even be an Nvidia founder edition card
There are many different types of the same thing and they can have rather large differences in how good they are due to things such as number of fans.

Gigabyte for instance typically have 4 cards, aka 4 x Nvidia 4080 super
windforce - MSRP - aka cheap
Eagle - slightly less cheap
Gaming OC - great quality ok price
Aorus - Overly expensive but top quality

They all use the Nvidia chip aka the 4080 super, and they are all from the same brand aka Gigabyte but they are all different with different prices upto 15-20% difference. You're paying $1100 which is the price of one of the better ones, you might want to make sure it IS one of the better ones

Some will cool better than others for instance the gaming OC will out perform the Windforce by about 5+% depending on what you are playing and when you're paying $1100 for a graphics card you would want a choice so you don't end up with a cheap version especially as at $1100 you can get an Asus Tuf or Gigabyte gaming oc, both highly rated 4080 supers.

I don't think you have any choices after looking at their website, the price isn't too bad for what you're getting as you don't want to save the $300 or so and gain a little FPS/quality components by building it yourself.

I think what other people are trying to say is that although the 4080 super is a new card on paper in September/October Nvidia is about to release its new 5090/5080, the performance leap will be rather large vs the 4080 and 4090.
If you're ok with that and you desperately need that PC then go for it, as long as you know whats up and you're not looking to min max like its POE

Didn't mean to over complicate this lol but here we are
Last edited by eversorgod on Jul 21, 2024, 3:00:02 PM
"
cursorTarget wrote:
"
Stormswa wrote:

My GPU is GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER its was launched on Jan 3,2024 Mathing is hard but last I checked we are still in the year 2024.

Whole generation (the base model) inherited from 4090 started in October 12, 2022; 21 months ago. 4080 Super is a little bit stronger than 4080. There's no reason at this moment to invest into old gen GPU when new 5xxx series will be released soon and old gen will be significantly cheaper.
"
Stormswa wrote:

The one you are thinking of is the standard 4080 the building site no longer carries that one they upgraded to the Super to replace it the next upgrade they have is 4090 24GB but didnt want to spend another $800 on it.

It doesn't matter. Basically it's bad idea to buy high-end or almost high-end card right before release next gen.

"
Stormswa wrote:

The CPU I overlooked and put in ticked to change to AMD so thats no big deal right there and again I expected the CPU builders to come out on this thread I used to be one I already explained why I decided to go the prebuilt route this time and any small changes I can make to it if I dont like it.

Just don't buy Intel products. At least 2 gens (15 and 16), until they reliably fix their issues. AMD 7xxx(3D) are pretty good and probably 9xxx(3D) will be even better.

Moreover if you want to save money it's even better not to buy new PC right now for the same reason as I'm not recommending to buy RTX 4xxx. Both new CPUs and GPUS are comming soon on the market. Even if you gonna buy old gen, it will be cheaper.

All makes sense and I do get it. I want to upgrade now my last GPU is a 2080 so this is a huge improvement for that. I know im overpaying like I said I built my last 3 systems and one for my nephew and 2 for my kids all under $1.500 and im paying for convenience on this one. I plan on upgrading this one a lot more as I go along.

Waiting is not really something I want to do been waiting awhile for new PC and finally in position where I can finance it and have it paid off in 6 months so dont really want to wait any longer. Appreciate your insight though.
"
cursorTarget wrote:
"
Stormswa wrote:

My GPU is GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER its was launched on Jan 3,2024 Mathing is hard but last I checked we are still in the year 2024.

Whole generation (the base model) inherited from 4090 started in October 12, 2022; 21 months ago. 4080 Super is a little bit stronger than 4080. There's no reason at this moment to invest into old gen GPU when new 5xxx series will be released soon and old gen will be significantly cheaper.
"
Stormswa wrote:

The one you are thinking of is the standard 4080 the building site no longer carries that one they upgraded to the Super to replace it the next upgrade they have is 4090 24GB but didnt want to spend another $800 on it.

It doesn't matter. Basically it's bad idea to buy high-end or almost high-end card right before release next gen.

"
Stormswa wrote:

The CPU I overlooked and put in ticked to change to AMD so thats no big deal right there and again I expected the CPU builders to come out on this thread I used to be one I already explained why I decided to go the prebuilt route this time and any small changes I can make to it if I dont like it.

Just don't buy Intel products. At least 2 gens (15 and 16), until they reliably fix their issues. AMD 7xxx(3D) are pretty good and probably 9xxx(3D) will be even better.

Moreover if you want to save money it's even better not to buy new PC right now for the same reason as I'm not recommending to buy RTX 4xxx. Both new CPUs and GPUS are comming soon on the market. Even if you gonna buy old gen, it will be cheaper.

50x cards wont be any cheaper what are you talking about they will all be bought out in 1 second and then placed on amazon for 2x its price there is absolutely a reason to invest in 4080 it doesnt matter if its 2 year old gpu you can play any game on 1440P on 100+ fps for the next 5 years its ridiclous thtat you think you need upgrade pc every year "oh noo they released a new ram i need buy it for 500$ for that extra 2 fps il be getting"
The RTX 4080S fucks. It will continue to do so when the new generation is out. There's always something new around the corner - upgrade whenever you want to and enjoy life.
Didnt really want this to be an argument of what is best value etc. More just wanted to share my new computer. Although I do appreciate the advice the one about Intel was news to me so ty.

If I had time to sit down do the research and pick best parts I would defintley do that but I don't and Build Redux is a sister company to Digital Storm and they are sponsored by a computer builder I liked a lot and their prices are pretty close to building yourself, no exactly of course things are marked up but they are pretty close.

I plan on making this kind of my forever computer that I can upgrade or I wouldn't be putting as much into this as I have. Plan on putting another 4TB storage drive in it almost right after I get it to keep my work stuff on so its separate from gaming stuff.

Again I always appreciate this groups input on stuff and thank the ones that have made suggestions or taken time to explain stuff I might not get as usual POE community is the best.
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

50x cards wont be any cheaper

"
Even if you gonna buy old gen, it will be cheaper.

After 5xxx release 4xxx gonna be cheaper. And sure, it's not just 2 fps. It's 20-40% more FPS depending on the model and 3D application. I'm talking about 4K res, not outdated 1440p. We're not in 2016.

The list of application which can completely doggy-style the older RTX 4090 systems (in 4K):

1. Path of Exile juiced end game, especially in party play (and especially with MTX summoner)
2. Microsoft Flight Simulator / X-Plane, can consume unlimited amount of calculating power
3. Arma 3 / Arma Reforger, very demanding, depends on certain game mode.
4. Cyberpunk 2077. Without DLSS you have 21-26 FPS with path tracing on.
5. Modded Minecraft 20-50 FPS, depending on mods.
6. Modded Skyrim SE/AE 30-70 FPS, depending on the assets, mods and settings.

60 is BARE minimum, your FPS should not go below this level, never ever! Ideally in-game FPS = monitor refresh rate. It's 120-250 FPS for modern systems.

RTX 4090 is NOT ENOUGH for modern applications. This is the reason why we demand more powerful GPUs every one / two years. If you and personally you satisfied by the low res 1440p - it's only your choice. You're not forced to keep your oldish hardware up to date. But there's no reason to play 1440p on modern monitors like ASUS ROG Strix or Swift.
Last edited by cursorTarget on Jul 22, 2024, 1:36:01 AM
Big oof on the Intel. You should know they're having serious issues of late. And big oof on the ram, slow aaf.

And learn to build your self, " testing+ warranty"...good way to say rip off. I bet you payed like $150 for Windows too : /

But I can confirm 4080 is great.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 22, 2024, 2:13:39 AM
"
cursorTarget wrote:

You can have the best pc in the world and minecraft with lots of mods will always cause fps issues thanks to java being just bad lol
Even a 5090 or 6090 won't change much about that
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun.
Last edited by Pashid on Jul 22, 2024, 2:22:56 AM
"
cursorTarget wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

50x cards wont be any cheaper

"
Even if you gonna buy old gen, it will be cheaper.

After 5xxx release 4xxx gonna be cheaper. And sure, it's not just 2 fps. It's 20-40% more FPS depending on the model and 3D application. I'm talking about 4K res, not outdated 1440p. We're not in 2016.

The list of application which can completely doggy-style the older RTX 4090 systems (in 4K):

1. Path of Exile juiced end game, especially in party play (and especially with MTX summoner)
2. Microsoft Flight Simulator / X-Plane, can consume unlimited amount of calculating power
3. Arma 3 / Arma Reforger, very demanding, depends on certain game mode.
4. Cyberpunk 2077. Without DLSS you have 21-26 FPS with path tracing on.
6. Modded Skyrim SE/AE 30-70 FPS, depending on the assets, mods and settings.

60 is BARE minimum, your FPS should not go below this level, never ever! Ideally in-game FPS = monitor refresh rate. It's 120-250 FPS for modern systems.

RTX 4090 is NOT ENOUGH for modern applications. This is the reason why we demand more powerful GPUs every one / two years. If you and personally you satisfied by the low res 1440p - it's only your choice. You're not forced to keep your oldish hardware up to date. But there's no reason to play 1440p on modern monitors like ASUS ROG Strix or Swift.

Nah i refuse to believe you are actually genuinely serious about everything in your post so i will just assume you are trolling for giggles
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Jul 22, 2024, 3:26:51 AM
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

Nah i refuse to believe you are actually genuinely serious about everything in your post so i will just assume you are trolling for giggles

He is cause you already don't need a 4090 or something that doesn't exist yet in order to enjoy 4k with top performance.
You could already even run 4k years ago on various games with way weaker hardware just fine with top fps but the biggest issue nowadays is the poor optimization of some games. (yes I'm talking about all the glorious new released and rushed cash grab triple A titles on the market)

1440p is certainly also not outdated as it just started to became more and more popular with the easier access to powerful and cheap hardware.
He already gave you 3 pretty terrible examples, that alone tells you a lot about the seriousness.

Cyberpunk 2077 a game known for it's bad optimization, modded minecraft and skyrim both known to be also bottle necked by poorly optimized mods along with minecrafts biggest issue being java lol.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun.
Last edited by Pashid on Jul 22, 2024, 3:46:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info