Path of Exile: Settlers of Kalguur Teasers

"
b44dss wrote:
"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:
there is no disconnect or distance
it is a deliberate choice of not making an auto-pickup for the global client, the CN servers/client has the "bear cub pet" that literally picks the items for you just like torchlight
it is a "heritage" from the OG arpg like diablo 1

in the middle ground: grim dawn has a system to autopick money and basic components/materials, but equippable/quest items still need to be clicked...to solve this, there is a keybind that you can simply hold the button and your char will walk and pick any items in a radius "near" you, you don't need to hover your mouse over items with it
i believe a semi-auto bind solution like this could make a lot of ppl happy in poe

in sync with CN playerbase
out of sync with the rest

am i crazy or just seeing straight?

i didnt mean you are entirely wrong
i even put a suggestion like the grim dawn one on the forums

it is just sometimes a game developer stands his ground no matter what the community desires
in other words, something like this is just like people wanting AH for X reasons and others not wanting it for Y reasons
but the developers have their own bottomline
"
b44dss wrote:
"
PsychoHype wrote:
Why not make QOL auto pick up currency and stuff like that pick up range was never an issue to begin with

because of a disconnect between development and actual playerbase desires.

it happens naturally and this is not because "stupid" or something.

the only stupid thing is the oversight of this common interaction in a live service game.

i dont want that kind of 'feature', i've seen many posts from other people that say the same as well. not sure if your claim about what the playerbase wants is correct. get more the impression there are different groups in this.

and sure you might say i am in the minority, but i might say the same about you. in the end GGG decides what they think is best for the long term viability of their game and so far they are doing a pretty good job overall otherwise we wouldnt all be here.
"
Miradae wrote:
"
b44dss wrote:
"
PsychoHype wrote:
Why not make QOL auto pick up currency and stuff like that pick up range was never an issue to begin with

the only stupid thing is the oversight of this common interaction in a live service game.

i dont want that kind of 'feature', i've seen many posts from other people that say the same as well. not sure if your claim about what the playerbase wants is correct. get more the impression there are different groups in this.

and sure you might say i am in the minority, but i might say the same about you. in the end GGG decides what they think is best for the long term viability of their game and so far they are doing a pretty good job overall otherwise we wouldnt all be here.
^

you must understand that even you DO NOT want to pickup 100 currency items per map

everyone without exception want's to avoid hundreds of clicks for looting. stop saying that you are on the other side, because you are not. you can't be.

simply because a human does not want bath in sh*** ^^
"
Miradae wrote:
"
b44dss wrote:
"
PsychoHype wrote:

easy fix, let GGG have a way to enable/disable this feature, then you are happy and we are happy.
don't forget to save up some money for your Carpal Tunnel surgery.
Last edited by Rene_2706 on Jul 11, 2024, 10:36:59 AM
"
Rene_2706 wrote:

easy fix, let GGG have a way to enable/disable this feature, then you are happy and we are happy.
don't forget to save up some money for your Carpal Tunnel surgery.

well spoken my friend ^^
Last edited by b44dss on Jul 11, 2024, 10:41:16 AM
"
b44dss wrote:

you must understand that even you DO NOT want to pickup 100 currency items per map

everyone without exception want's to avoid hundreds of clicks for looting. stop saying that you are on the other side, because you are not. you can't be.

so not only do you speak for the entire community, you also know better what i want or dont want? ;)
Autopicking up loot also has its problems, strategies that involve fast mapping to target farm a few content and bosses often give little loot so clicking a few items each map is no problem.
But I can see it being a problem if you do deli maps with MF setup while also running breach/legions that drop splinters and spending 5/10 minutes a map picking up loot.
The thing is, if you have loot autopickup it incentivises people to speedclear maps and get as much loot as possible and ruins other strategies' efficiency in return.
The game has powercrept alot over the years and it should slow down a little bit not just speed clear maps in 1 minute and autopickup a full inventory of currency while other people spend 20s fighting an essence monster.
If anything what we should ask is a little bit more work on splinters or currency not dropping stacked because theres some more progress that can be done.
And on your end you can also adapt your strategy accordingly so that you don't do too much clicking.

As for emptying inventory all at once I'm all for it, at least all the things that have affinities maybe not regular items that you would like to vendor or store elsewhere.
Last edited by demon7310 on Jul 11, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
auto pick up is bad
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jul 11, 2024, 12:38:42 PM
please hurry, I am already board with LE
"
b44dss wrote:

And you must understand how this sounds to everyone around you....because you are wrong. You telling me and others who have already said how they feel does not make you right....it makes you sound like a fool.

I also do not want an auto-loot feature because that is just one step closer to idle gameplay. Games (and gamers...) are learning the wrong lessons from "modern" gaming: less clicks GENERALLY means a much more simple, much more basic, much more monotonous game. Yes...even if it means picking up 100s of items per map, it STILL is adding some potentially subconscious and conscious "weight" to the drops. However minimal the effect it is now, when its gone you REALLY feel it and the boredom with the game tends to set in MUCH faster.

More things should drop as stacks, more things should stack higher, BUT they should not be auto-pickup.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jul 11, 2024, 2:00:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info