Content Update 3.23.0 -- Path of Exile: Affliction

The average life of RF build is 3-5k hp. 35% of that is probably 1.5k base damage. Now you reduce it by 20% more from quality.

RF is not even one of the strongest damaging skills, so why change it? The strongest damaging RF is around 30m DPS, which mostly needs min-max equipment. That can be easily beaten by other builds that are 90% cheaper, and the damage can go up hundreds of millions.

This change affects 95% of all RF builds while only benefiting 5% of the RF player base.

Those attribute stackers would be the ones benefitting from this.

I guess we will see RF with 100m+ DPS next time. (if no DOT cap)
Last edited by Macroblitz on Nov 30, 2023, 8:49:47 PM
"
Macroblitz wrote:
The average life of RF build is 3-5k hp. 35% of that is probably 1.5k base damage. Now you reduce it by 20% more from quality.

RF is not even one of the strongest damaging skills, so why change it? The strongest damaging RF is around 30m DPS, which mostly needs min-max equipment. That can be easily beaten by other builds that are 90% cheaper, and the damage can go up hundreds of millions.

This change affects 95% of all RF builds while only benefiting 5% of the RF player base.

Those attribute stackers would be the ones benefitting from this.

I guess we will see RF with 100m+ DPS next time.

Looks like it will be back to the Kaom's Heart days.
Aggre.
Sounds good.

I don't think I'll miss metamorph. While the specified benefits were nice, they weren't that amazing or interesting, and his plot never really led anywhere, even when you did a bunch of them he never had much to say. Once monster mods were decoupled from drops, metamorph didn't have anything that special, just its usual vague drop types of stuff. That said I do favor leaving him in the game so people can still see the lore lines; maybe there should be a room for discarded staff in act 11, for those that lore-wise should still be around, but aren't really relevant for gameplay anymore. Just a nice room to occasionally visit and listen to.

I look forward to trying out all this new stuff; the change set seems pretty decent and with little that's objectionable.

My one concern is that the decrease in ways to get certain important materials via other paths may force people into doing side content they don't want; rather than having quite a number of alternate ways to get things as is possible at present.
DIIIIISSSSSCHHHHAAAAAARGE!!!!!
-

Mi o sutete koso ukabu se mo aru
OMG
This is INSANE, what a christmas gift from GGG, much love to the devs <33

"
Bynn wrote:
rip explosive arrow my beloved, we had a good run of like 4 or 5 leagues in a row, I will miss you

LOL explosive arrow is fine......
Damn, they reverted Vortex back to the way it was originally 😭
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
So what? who cares if other people play something different than you. We have yet to see all the new skill gems. I just HOPE that the skill that I'm planning on running has some transfigured versions, as that would be really diappointing to me if it didn't.
"
Nevzat wrote:
"
I don't think I've ever been more disappointed by patch notes. Pohx's RF was the only build archetype that didn't feel like absolute dogshit to play and you fucking deleted it. I've played every league since Prophecy, but unless there's a transfigured version of RF that undoes this bullshit, I'm not sure when, or even if, I'll be playing POE again.

The build was brokenly OP. Thank god it's been nerfed to the ground. Why do you think everyone was playing it?

Try some other classes out.

RF was NOT OP....OP builds haven't existed for a long long time.......But OP was great for people like me with hand issues and arthritis because it didn't make you have to smash tons of buttons... RF still had its limits at endgame......But we know that GGG likes to crush everyone's fun...Best thing to do is just play another game like I plan to do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info