Content Update 3.23.0 -- Path of Exile: Affliction

If the new transformation gems are only available in the lab, then it looks like they want us all to be running the lab a lot more. That would not be a buff.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
NoyAvargel wrote:
Nerf sanctrume currency drop pls its disgusting and not fun

Agreed. I will not be playing again until they fix it. Its ridiculous.
Are Transfigured versions of gems quantified as the SAME gem for the purpose of triggers, or different gems?

Have you restored my triple RoA meme to its former glory?

ALSO

The blink/mirror arrow transfigured uses rain of arrows or elemental hit.
Will we be able to apply our related MTX's to these skills or will it just be vanilla and using existing blink mirror MTX's?

REALLY want my Celestial Rain of Arrows MTX to be used by awesome clones.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568084

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568078

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568062
Please dont forget the buildenabling alt quality supports to also have transfigured versions. (looking at you "Anomalous Mana Leech/Minion Speed")
Last edited by Randooming on Nov 30, 2023, 8:45:13 PM
I will certainly not be missing Metamorph. But did I miss what happens to our purchased tab now?

Overall I will say that the new league ascendencies should add a ton of flavor to the league. But no changes to core ascendencies feels like a miss if we were aiming to shake up the meta.

I'm loathing the new gem changes. Not because I will miss alt qual gems. But because I hate the lab. Over time I felt like the lab was slowly getting phased out of the game with the exception of ascendency points. Guess I was wrong.

POE 2 investment is really being felt in POE 1 when you consider that we got no new bosses or league mechanics that have stuck around since this time last year. I understand they have a significantly smaller team working on POE 1 ... but damn. We're playing almost the exact same game as last year.
"
PhoenixFlame wrote:
"
NoyAvargel wrote:
Nerf sanctrume currency drop pls its disgusting and not fun

Agreed. I will not be playing again until they fix it. Its ridiculous.

They already nerfed drop rate of tomes, Maybe tomes will be 1 divine each now? You would make like 3-6 div per hour or something on average. Mapping with a good setup gets you 10+ Div per hour easy
"
rembihnutur wrote:
"
Voidbreaker1 wrote:
"
DarkS1r wrote:
3% playing vortex on softcore trade and 2% on hc trade, absolutely justified and necessary nerf to cold dot, yep.

Dude...3% of playerbase is a lot.

And cold dot is not nerfed, that's a buff to clearspeed. Vortex will finally feel better to cover up areas. The only cost is that you can't have it automated anymore. But I take that anyday to clear faster, this archetype does a bad job with clearspeed (even with shield charge/whirling blades)

that makes perfect sense. at first i was like "oh well that makes the skill annoying to use now :/" but that's only if you put vortex on your move key. now you can put it constantly everywhere which does indeed make for faster clears. i'm looking forward to what the different types of vortex gems will be.

Yep, its pretty cool now. And probably people that want the old mechanic back can get it via the lab enhancement. Some archetypes like vortex ignite would perhaps want to stick to the same playstyle, because the clearspeed is solved with proliferation. So you dont need constant vortex coverage.

Also for cold dot, now we can automate steelskin instead, which is way better. So in the end we technically get more defence and more clear. The bane setup is probably going on space key, since vortex is taking a spot in the main lineup.
All you people thinking these transfigured gems are a meta shift are so funny, you're being deceived.

First of all, before you had a base gem + its quality + lab enchant; whereas now you only have the gem + quality. Nerfs overall. But whatever.

In any cases, worst part is Deadeye and Tornado Shot will still be dominating the meta, along with Lightning arrow, Pathfinder, etc. The skill/ascendancy distribution will be the exact same as it has been for the past 5 leagues.

Nothing changed, which is both extremely boring and disheartening
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
"
All you people thinking these transfigured gems are a meta shift are so funny, you're being deceived.

First of all, before you had a base gem + its quality + lab enchant; whereas now you only have the gem + quality. Nerfs overall. But whatever.

In any cases, worst part is Deadeye and Tornado Shot will still be dominating the meta, along with Lightning arrow, Pathfinder, etc. The skill/ascendancy distribution will be the exact same as it has been for the past 5 leagues.

Nothing changed, which is both extremely boring and disheartening

You didnt read any gem. You are telling me 10% inc aoe is better than 10% more dmg + 30% inc aoe on glacial cascade? And there are so many examples. Just please read first and think ab it.

Also crackling lance got legit free 40-50% more damage. Im not sure how many intensity stacks can you get as maximum (thats why I took a guess), but you get the idea.

PS: Welp, my english failed me and missed that part, I didnt know they are also removing the helm enchants. However, its overall still a plus in most cases. Crackling lance is overall gigabuffed and my glacial cascade still got a bonus aoe buff alongside bonus dmg.
Last edited by Voidbreaker1 on Nov 30, 2023, 8:47:51 PM
Very exciting league this time around keep it up !!!
Cassia supremacy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info