Content Update 3.23.0 -- Path of Exile: Affliction

League looks really good I'm just worried about performance with so many massive changes coming.
Damn this league would be the best League if the game, if you could only take the affliction thing now, we don't need other delve shitty minigame thing, we just need ultimatum really, and more map mods, this is a grind game.
I like, but you missed opportunity to change melee players to be melee players. We still totem-melee players....
Ashes of the Stars 🚀
IV
"
Voidbreaker1 wrote:
"
DarkS1r wrote:
3% playing vortex on softcore trade and 2% on hc trade, absolutely justified and necessary nerf to cold dot, yep.

Dude...3% of playerbase is a lot.

And cold dot is not nerfed, that's a buff to clearspeed. Vortex will finally feel better to cover up areas. The only cost is that you can't have it automated anymore. But I take that anyday to clear faster, this archetype does a bad job with clearspeed (even with shield charge/whirling blades)

that makes perfect sense. at first i was like "oh well that makes the skill annoying to use now :/" but that's only if you put vortex on your move key. now you can put it constantly everywhere which does indeed make for faster clears. i'm looking forward to what the different types of vortex gems will be.
"
I don't think I've ever been more disappointed by patch notes. Pohx's RF was the only build archetype that didn't feel like absolute dogshit to play and you fucking deleted it. I've played every league since Prophecy, but unless there's a transfigured version of RF that undoes this bullshit, I'm not sure when, or even if, I'll be playing POE again.

The build was brokenly OP. Thank god it's been nerfed to the ground. Why do you think everyone was playing it?

Try some other classes out.
This all looks frickin' awesome and we haven't even seen the transfigured gems yet. League mechanic looks cool as frick. Ultimatum over Metamorph is a huge upgrade. Patch notes look good. Thanks for the hard work.

Really excited for league start!

PoE 2 points below the line.

Spoiler
Could we please separate the extended PoE 2 reveals and discussion from PoE 1 league launch though? I can listen to Jonathan and Mark talk about PoE 2 for hours, very happily, but it's not really launch announcement mood. The PoE 2 video was also a bit too long form. Chat was getting pretty impatient. If PoE 2 content was the first half hour with Q&A with ZiggyD, and then you move into strictly PoE 1 content, this announced in advance, I think you'd get the same hype, better pacing and a better reception.

I haven't played it and what the heck do I know, but really not feeling the Mercenary class. It's very, very shooter, and sound effects are extremely 20th century. This feels like a cool but separate indie spinoff. If this really is PoE, so all classes can use all weapons and skills etc., I don't see how this is an ascendancy. If my witch can wield a minigun and throw fireballs, cool, but... I don't get it.

Not really feeling the WASD changes, only because of the following. Given some skills can now be used whilst moving, this feels like WASD is a buff for lower APS / new players, and click to move is nerfed unless you're high enough APS to strafe already. Thing is, some of us (okay, maybe just me) low-to-mid APS players would like to avoid mouse let's-call-it-RSI, so already using the keyboard hand and mouse equally and don't have room for WASD, since don't want skills on the mouse hand, due to all the left click move action already. I can't imagine never wanting movement on the mouse given the cardinal direction movement of WASD, but I'd also want WASD if it's a semi-required option, meaning more APS with the left hand (or the right if trying to mimic high APS click to move strafe instead of WASD), meaning more let's-call-it-RSI. Can I just ask that the advantage of WASD and/or skill-whilst-moving is minimised as far as possible, so I can mostly skip it for physical comfort. Thanks.
Can't wait, should be a fun league.
I don't see 3 things that were supposed to be here:

1. Fully functional ignore list interface;
2. Balanced number of allowed hideout objects based on hideout layout;
3. Improved sound control for all types of notifications - specifically Trades.

Why.
When.
Last edited by fostaa on Nov 30, 2023, 7:53:18 PM
1) I am SUPER excited about the meta shakeup. I'm talking more excited than I have been for a league in a long time.

2) It was frustrating before when I needed 2-4 quality% in order to get one percent of a benefit on a gem...

Now MANY gems have a 0% benefit at a low quality, and something like +1 projectile at 20% quality. That's 19 wasted % and then a benefit at 20%.

I understand that the -end result- is a more powerful gem... but isn't your design emphasis on getting people to play through the lower level content? Forcing us to grind through acts over and over to try a new build?

Why remove the quality scaling? It makes sense with many of the changes, you get .1 second of duration per 1-2% of quality or 1-2% damage per per 1-2% of quality... But needing a full 20% before seeing any benefit? That scaling sucks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info