The promise of a shared endgame fooled collectors and standard players

Title. Path of Exile II will be a separate game. We were promised the following:

"
"We are creating Path of Exile II as a new campaign alongside Path of Exile I with a shared endgame. The original campaign is still fully playable and because it is the same game it will still continue to be maintained with all the updates and game system improvements that were made to Path of Exile"

(Quote from Exilecon 2019)

1) no shared endgame
2) we won't get all the updates
3) it is not the same game

I fully understand the decision and I am sure it is correct for all the players that play the current league and then quit. There are players though that have long term goals within the game and that enjoy to build their characters and collection over multiple leagues. For these players Path of Exile II being separated is a slap in the face.

After the 2019 Announcement that Path of Exile II would be a part of the base game the continued monetary support of all players was used to develop a game that was no longer part of the base game. Essentially breaking trust with the whole standard playerbase. It would be really interesting to see, which share the standard playerbase and their monetary support has on the development?
I for one would not have bought a single supporter pack after this was made transparent in the meantime.

As a supporter and customer I feel fooled.

Edit: someone send me this clip

Octavian:

"
At what point in the development of POE 2 did you realize the game was too different and needed to be different from POE 1?

Jonathan:

"
So to me it was right after the Act 2 reveal - soon after that.

The Path of Exile II Act 2 reveal was posted on 08.04.2021.
They knew since over 2 years - not a single word.

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎Armour Stacking: /view-thread/3410613
‎‎VFB Magic Finder: /view-thread/3522007
Last edited by Jix_91 on Jul 30, 2023, 8:26:25 AM
Last bumped on Aug 12, 2023, 6:39:57 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Precisely.

Nice hat, by the way. I have one just like it. Wonder how many of us there are left playing? Wonder how many fewer there are gonna be after GGG's failure to follow through with their promises? ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
NM. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Jul 30, 2023, 5:43:39 AM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
NM. ='[.]'=

-.- Did you actually do that to me
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 30, 2023, 5:51:58 AM
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
NM. ='[.]'=

-.- Did you actually do to me?

Not a gorramed thing. I posted a reply, saw yours was GONE, and deleted my reply. =0[.]o=
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Precisely.

Nice hat, by the way. I have one just like it. Wonder how many of us there are left playing? Wonder how many fewer there are gonna be after GGG's failure to follow through with their promises? ='[.]'=

good question - we can only hope...

nice kiwis ;)!
Okay lets try this again cause I ono WHY that post got reported I am annoyed but lets continue.

As I said they didn't promise you guys a thing it doesn't even say promise pinky promise yada yada development which well I believe you familiar with that things can change all the time you know that right?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Okay lets try this again cause I ono WHY that post got reported I am annoyed but lets continue.

As I said they didn't promise you guys a thing it doesn't even say promise pinky promise yada yada development which well I believe you familiar with that things can change all the time you know that right?

yes fair they can change things whenever they want to. They can also say things and do the opposite. They can also purposefully chose to not communicate this until the next exilecon even though they knew it much earlier.

That does not mean that I have to like or support their actions (or lack of communication).
Yeah I know you can be upset and all but you know just don't say they promised you stuff when they didn't and I'm sure deep in your passion of this game even you know they didn't promise you.

They said it sure but never promised as you know things can change in the past 4 years.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 30, 2023, 5:52:28 AM
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Yeah I know you can be upset and all but you know just don't say they promised you stuff when they didn't and I'm sure deep in your passion of this game even you know they didn't promise you.

They said it sure but you know things can change in the past 4 years.

I'll not pull up the clip of Chris, but if you want to be pedantic - sure... no one said "I promise you XYZ will happen", but if the CEO of a company makes a public announcement at their own event stating "XYZ is how things will go" and this changes I would want to be informed about it at their earliest convenience.
Last edited by Jix_91 on Jul 30, 2023, 5:54:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info