After playing the demos today - PoE2 makes combat a lot more fun

"
mGravitus wrote:
Slowing down combat : every-time GGG moves in this direction, the majority of players dislike it.

Alot of players (including me) just simply want to spam 1 skill, slay juiced packs of magic mobs and get showered in loot. That is all. Lets be real the zoominess is 90% of the fun.

All this stuff about rolling, dodging, swapping weapons, using 5 skill rotations, a white pack takes 10 seconds to kill, and every rare mob takes 2 min to kill, and every boss has 6 skills to watch for and 4 different phases.. that is not where the MAGIC is at. That ain't it chief!

Maybe GGG could quell all this backlash by just releasing a late game char in POE2 and showing it blitzing some mobs.. because right now all we have is the the streamer gameplay showcases, which were frankly a BORING FIASCO - all they did was generate NEGATIVE HYPE.

On the other hand.. BRAVO for 3.22 could not be more hype for an autobattler :)

Not true.. the most VOCAL players dislike it. Notice that POE has not such a HUGE playerbase.. the vast majority of potential players are not playing... that means the vast majority of potential costumers dislike POE 1.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:

Personally I don't think the characters movement are too slow but it is very tiresome to watch a streamer whack at a rare mob for 3 minutes.

You can't make promotional footage any other way, I realise it means you can't get a good judgement yourself from said footage but it just isn't possible unless your margins for combat are tiny.

Even games with very tight stats like Dark Souls look stupid when played in an optimised way instead of a promotional way. Its a showcase, and that means the setup and animations have to be displayed too.

If you had a showcase of me doing Act1 everyone would meme about how fucking dumb the game looked lmao. Basically you'd have to play it and optimise to find out what the pacing is really like, rares might die in 1-3 hits still.

EXACTLY! Elden Ring would have been a HUGE marketing disaster if they showcased the game as most people pay it... running like mad pass ALL the enemies for 30 minutes collecting critical items to just after that kill 2 bosses . The media would have made them into a JOKE if they showcased people running pass all enemies.
Last edited by Urza_Mechwalker on Jul 30, 2023, 1:48:38 PM
"
imanubcake wrote:
"
wizfor wrote:
"
imanubcake wrote:

They said that the characters in showcase are made weak intentionally so people can see what's actually happening.
And it was act3 with terrible gear. Ofc it looks way slower than what you expect.

I've never heard them say it. Can you prove it?

It's strange and confusing to advertise a game that isnt the same game being made.

I mean seeing them in act 3 with shitty gear and no linked gems wasn't enough for you?
I'd have to watch through day1 again but it was during Jonathan & Kripp interview.

The game is the same. Maybe tuned a bit harder

I mean you can point at their bad gear and say that's the reason it looks tedious, but what if this is going to be the average experience at that stage in the game? Perhaps the passives tree (I think) not being usable is another factor I can agree will change things a bunch, but when it comes to skill links and state of gear, it might as well be the real Act 1-3 experience.

I'm willing to bet that skill gems will now be drops only (IDK if this is already confirmed?) and we will be scraping by with what we get akin to Ruthless.
witch enthusiast, send occ/ele/necro builds

"
I'm willing to bet that skill gems will now be drops only (IDK if this is already confirmed?) and we will be scraping by with what we get akin to Ruthless.

yes it will be only drop for skill gems. soooo until you get your drops you will run on 1 link
"
anti4z500 wrote:

"

yes it will be only drop for skill gems. soooo until you get your drops you will run on 1 link

All gems come 3 linked and the currency you find will allow you to upgrade the primary skill gems to a 4>5>6 link without having the need to get 'lucky' and find a 6 linked gem as a drop. Thank you for attending another episode of This person clearly didn't watch any of Exilecon, which is fine, but they should be courteous enough to not lie about it if that's the case
Yes, they said there will be currencies to make 3-4-5 sockets (links).
And they said the rarity of these raises.

But that is no answer if you find "enough" gems dropping with your 1st char.
I saw 4-5 demos at exilecon and maybe 1 gem dropped per run.
It's impossible to say if this drop rate is final.
There dropped very few rare items and no unique.
Currency drops were low too. (But there was 1 chaos :-)
Last edited by Jerexil on Jul 31, 2023, 8:18:56 PM
"
innervation wrote:
"
anti4z500 wrote:

"

All gems come 3 linked and the currency you find will allow you to upgrade the primary skill gems to a 4>5>6 link without having the need to get 'lucky' and find a 6 linked gem as a drop. Thank you for attending another episode of This person clearly didn't watch any of Exilecon, which is fine, but they should be courteous enough to not lie about it if that's the case

so you get gem with 3 sockets alrdy filled with support gems :D nice then . like do we get to pick this 2 extra gems also when we get 1 skill gem ? hmm :D funny

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info