After playing the demos today - PoE2 makes combat a lot more fun

"
Shini wrote:
They need to show us how it plays in endgame or Poe2 will get the same backlash as D4. Slower for sake of being more tedious and not fun.

They still have 10 months until closed beta. There is plenty of time to show of endgame mechanics.
Every time GGG tries to lower the speed, people do NOT like it.
And I do NOT like it either.

I want to progress bit by bit, become faster, always crazier and faster. I want to pop hundreds of opponents at the same time...

That's why I am infinitely sad that they didn't integrate the promised improvements in PoE1... and instead build a game to please D4 fans
Last edited by Kaukus1 on Jul 30, 2023, 2:32:23 AM
"
wizfor wrote:
"
imanubcake wrote:

They said that the characters in showcase are made weak intentionally so people can see what's actually happening.
And it was act3 with terrible gear. Ofc it looks way slower than what you expect.

I've never heard them say it. Can you prove it?

It's strange and confusing to advertise a game that isnt the same game being made.

I mean seeing them in act 3 with shitty gear and no linked gems wasn't enough for you?
I'd have to watch through day1 again but it was during Jonathan & Kripp interview.

The game is the same. Maybe tuned a bit harder
Last edited by imanubcake on Jul 30, 2023, 3:01:22 AM
"
imanubcake wrote:
"
wizfor wrote:
"
imanubcake wrote:

They said that the characters in showcase are made weak intentionally so people can see what's actually happening.
And it was act3 with terrible gear. Ofc it looks way slower than what you expect.

It's strange and confusing to advertise a game that isnt the same game being made.

I mean seeing them in act 3 with shitty gear and no linked gems wasn't enough for you?
I'd have to watch through day1 again but it was during Jonathan & Kripp interview.

thank god you re there. cause noone at ggg looked at what they were gonna present for the gameplay demo and thought, this is what we want the game to look like and it looks good, it ll hype people. ;) they probably rushed random gameplay demos and never assessed it. sure.

ofc wait and see and try it when it goes live but talking like none of this was prepared and approved is really stu...prising.
"
imanubcake wrote:
"
wizfor wrote:
"
imanubcake wrote:

Exactly when they talked about the game going to be a bit slower but also without exaggeration there will definitely be a way to speed it up

Too much speed is also problems with animation with balance, I wonder what the requirements of this game will be, how will the optimization look like
"
mentos1308 wrote:

Exactly when they talked about the game going to be a bit slower but also without exaggeration there will definitely be a way to speed it up

Too much speed is also problems with animation with balance, I wonder what the requirements of this game will be, how will the optimization look like

Yeah, I wonder about the requirements too.
But at least it'll hopefully stop people from complaining that their 10 year old rig can't run the game
"
mGravitus wrote:
Slowing down combat : every-time GGG moves in this direction, the majority of players dislike it.

Alot of players (including me) just simply want to spam 1 skill, slay juiced packs of magic mobs and get showered in loot. That is all. Lets be real the zoominess is 90% of the fun.

All this stuff about rolling, dodging, swapping weapons, using 5 skill rotations, a white pack takes 10 seconds to kill, and every rare mob takes 2 min to kill, and every boss has 6 skills to watch for and 4 different phases.. that is not where the MAGIC is at. That ain't it chief!

Maybe GGG could quell all this backlash by just releasing a late game char in POE2 and showing it blitzing some mobs.. because right now all we have is the the streamer gameplay showcases, which were frankly a BORING FIASCO - all they did was generate NEGATIVE HYPE.

On the other hand.. BRAVO for 3.22 could not be more hype for an autobattler :)

GGG marketing failed.
Gameplay feels like a job and boring such.
They failed to show a strong character.
I understand they wanna show, animations, boss mechanics etc..

But all the people on stage were good players.
Take a nobe and all they would do is die, die die die die die on stage telling GGG, this game blows.
Isn't it better to have meaningful and hard mechanics that you have to engage with, but then ignore one by one as a reward with progress and gear? Instead of having almost no gameplay to speak of like PoE 1, that gets tossed out of the window almost immediately, and goes from some zoom through zoom to insane zoom? End result same, the road much more rewarding.
Love it but its a long way to go so i dont try to be too emotional, we will see next year the closed beta. I am a bit afraid of too long Boss fights, i would prefer the gameplay flow like in grim dawn/titan quest, sure Boss harder and taking longer but not minutes.
"
kati7 wrote:
sure Boss harder and taking longer but not minutes.

Yes and a reward commensurate with the extra time + difficulty

Spoiler
hopium

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info