PATH OF EXILE 2 IS A FORCED RUTHLESS MODE

"
Thesuffering wrote:
a failed experiment.

This statement is perhaps one of my favorate "I don't understand things" statement I see in common usage.

Experiments can only fail if they corrupt their data via faulty implimentation.

Experiments by nature are for discovery. Your statement only implies that GGG failed to account for some testing factor that spoiled their results. Which I'd say you couldn't have knowledge of without being IN their dev team.

You could say you didn't like Gold, or even go on a limb and assume the community didn't like it (which is a loaded and biased assumption). But Ruthless with Gold still got that data, which was its entire goal. Particularly if it's goal was to find some of the hard edges for PoE2 so they could be handled as a live playtest prior to deeper unveiling for PoE2. But the data was still collected, and that's the ONLY point of experiments.
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:

Sigh, I have 100% knowledge.

Gold. Only. Exists. In. Ruthless. Game. Modes.

Which is why we get a spacebar skill in PoE 2.

Gold was introduced once in Ruthless and taken out. I don't know why there is gold in POE2 tho, because gold in ruthless was a failed experiment.

been watching? It's just used to buy stuff from the vendor / gamble orbs are still used as a the prime source of income while vendor uses gold as currency.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
We were given roughly ONE HOUR of footage, game play, and discussion on a game MORE complex than POE 1 and its a YEAR away from beta and yet people ALREADY think they KNOW what it will be like.

POE 1 and POE 2 do not have to be exactly the same not EVERYONE wants zoom zoom blow up screen with one button mindless gameplay while watching another screen...some of us actually want a challenge. And I am CERTAIN within a year of release POE2 will have a meta with zoom zoom mapped out for those that ONLY want that playstyle...if not there will be POE1 D4 and other ARPGs or better yet make one and show us all how its done.
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
Will POE1 keep its gem/socket system system or will that get changed to match POE2?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
Will POE1 keep its gem/socket system system or will that get changed to match POE2?

We don't know that yet cause it's literally two separate games now.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:

Sigh, I have 100% knowledge.

Gold. Only. Exists. In. Ruthless. Game. Modes.

Which is why we get a spacebar skill in PoE 2.

Gold was introduced once in Ruthless and taken out. I don't know why there is gold in POE2 tho, because gold in ruthless was a failed experiment.

been watching? It's just used to buy stuff from the vendor / gamble orbs are still used as a the prime source of income while vendor uses gold as currency.

Hey can you tell me where this was confirmed? Was it in a stream or one of the videos or is there a forum post by a dev confirming this or a Q&A confirming this somewhere? I can't find a source yet. Thank you.
"
zengrath wrote:

Hey can you tell me where this was confirmed? Was it in a stream or one of the videos or is there a forum post by a dev confirming this or a Q&A confirming this somewhere? I can't find a source yet. Thank you.

Was through steam and I played it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
jonathan said in a Q&A that the gold is there to buy stuff from the vendor and that the vendor will actually have decent stuff now, but that trades between players would still be an orb based thing.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
jonathan said in a Q&A that the gold is there to buy stuff from the vendor and that the vendor will actually have decent stuff now, but that trades between players would still be an orb based thing.

Ah, so we do get gold, but not to help the whole liquidity issue of 'I need to turn 2kC into Divs.' Feels deliciously ironic.
Having played ruthless I can not agree with this title. Ruthless plays just like poe without move skills or the ability to plan around support gems and aura's. Its a different game with familiar mechanic's and surroundings. Poe2 as it is being displayed right now is none of that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info