PATH OF EXILE 2 IS A FORCED RUTHLESS MODE

Poe 2 will force you to play using the current Ruthless rules set, ie no movement skills, no drops, boss life reset etc.

100 devs is already a mind-numbing way to deal w updating Path of Exile, but having it be a Ruthless game mode will mean the same number of persons who participated last time around will put up w a permanent game.

Action games cannot have speedbumps, and Chris and the ********* they had on stage are hell-bent on ruining their cashcow, so more power to them

Imagine wasting 250 million USD on a game 14,000 people worldwide will play.
Last bumped on Jul 31, 2023, 11:51:02 AM
1) Movement skills are still there

2) Cheesing via dying / leaving portal is fucking stupid

3) Not even remotely forced ruthless

I'm there btw I'm playing it

Don't fucking spout stuff or assume shit dude
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
1) Movement skills are still there

2) Cheesing via dying / leaving portal is fucking stupid

I'm there btw I'm playing it

since your there how is that gold feeling? or are you not really getting to interact with it.

that was my biggest concern looking at what we have seen. I liked that POE didn't have gold.
Boss cheesing is a great example of a mechanic that was fine in the past that now causes significant design problems due to how the games mechanics and our approach to it have changed.

Not surprised at all its gonna switch to a boss reset system the only reason they don't do it already is the community would table flip if they did it in PoE1.
I won't comment on the gold thing it's ''too early''
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Don't tell me what to do.

BTW, genius, "gold" only exists in Ruthless game modes.
And best of all. If you don't like it initially you can play poe 1. I thought poe 1 would be long lost. Now we get both :)

Smile and everything will be allright! :)
Ruthless was pretty obviously a test for PoE2 gameplay/pacing/difficulty, and the result of that test (not very popular with the current playerbase) is the reason PoE1 and 2 have been split. It's obviously not exactly Ruthless, PoE2 actually looks slower than that.
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Don't tell me what to do.

BTW, genius, "gold" only exists in Ruthless game modes.

Right but you haven't a single clue on what it does in POE 2 do you? Not a clue.

Cmon ''genius'' I'll counter everything that you type WHILE I wait to play again.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 28, 2023, 7:53:45 PM
"
Astasia wrote:
Ruthless was pretty obviously a test for PoE2 gameplay/pacing/difficulty, and the result of that test (not very popular with the current playerbase) is the reason PoE1 and 2 have been split. It's obviously not exactly Ruthless, PoE2 actually looks slower than that.

It's only slow in the campaign once more stop thinking it's going to be OH MY GOD IT'S SO SLOWWW of course the dev was doing it with a fucking one link in a showcase of the beginning.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info