2) Cheesing via dying / leaving portal is fucking stupid

3) Not even remotely forced ruthless

I'm there btw I'm playing it

Don't fucking spout stuff or assume shit dude

you are at exilecon? UwU send selfie
oh I_NO is there? someone get her on cam
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

It's only slow in the campaign once more stop thinking it's going to be OH MY GOD IT'S SO SLOWWW of course the dev was doing it with a fucking one link in a showcase of the beginning.

Nah, it has to be slow for the concept of "lower damage" utility/combo skills to make any sense whatsoever. The entire gameplay is built around multiskill synergy, to the point where they are trying to make weapon swapping a thing. This demands that enemies are able to survive multiple hits, how else are you going to use the cull skill for generation, or activate your freeze->shatter combos? Either the gameplay is significantly slower to allow these mechanics to function, or the devs are wasting a lot of time developing and showing off skills and skill synergies that quickly become pointless once you start one-shotting packs from off-screen like in PoE1.

If you think this is just presentation or demo mechanics it sounds like you might need to lay off the copium inhaler.
"
Astasia wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

It's only slow in the campaign once more stop thinking it's going to be OH MY GOD IT'S SO SLOWWW of course the dev was doing it with a fucking one link in a showcase of the beginning.

Nah, it has to be slow for the concept of "lower damage" utility/combo skills to make any sense whatsoever. The entire gameplay is built around multiskill synergy, to the point where they are trying to make weapon swapping a thing. This demands that enemies are able to survive multiple hits, how else are you going to use the cull skill for generation, or activate your freeze->shatter combos? Either the gameplay is significantly slower to allow these mechanics to function, or the devs are wasting a lot of time developing and showing off skills and skill synergies that quickly become pointless once you start one-shotting packs from off-screen like in PoE1.

If you think this is just presentation or demo mechanics it sounds like you might need to lay off the copium inhaler.

I'm literally there like wtf dude it's act 1-3 you're doing shit damage cause you have no links or 3L's 4L's it's not going to be slow what you think campaign when you begin unless it's a twink 1-3 is fast? No of course not unless you're a high tier racer and such. Same concept in PoE 1 act 1-3 is slow LOL

Mobs HURT A LOT they want you to roll that's a core mechanic for sure.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 28, 2023, 8:04:20 PM
"
Astasia wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Its probably more for yellow mobs.
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
3) Not even remotely forced ruthless

Don't fucking spout stuff or assume shit dude

Don't tell me what to do.

BTW, genius, "gold" only exists in Ruthless game modes.

Right but you haven't a single clue on what it does in POE 2 do you? Not a clue.

Cmon ''genius'' I'll counter everything that you type WHILE I wait to play again.

Sigh, I have 100% knowledge.

Gold. Only. Exists. In. Ruthless. Game. Modes.

Which is why we get a spacebar skill in PoE 2.
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
I'm literally there like wtf dude it's act 1-3 you're doing shit damage cause you have no links or 3L's 4L's

Ah, so you are playing a low level demo and are going to tell me all about endgame pacing based on that huh? This might blow your mind here, but I'd bet you enemies have more health at higher levels. Just throwing that out there. Your damage is crap at low levels, and you are fighting weak enemies, imagine that.

Are you here or there?

"
Thesuffering wrote:

Its probably more for yellow mobs.

How often do see a yellow mob on screen long enough to register it's there in this game? Outside of specific mod combos that make them specifically difficult to kill for your build, or essences, yellow mobs die pretty much instantly all throughout mapping on any decent build. There's a reason manual cursing just for the curse effect has never been a thing, you aren't going to stop and use an extra ability to cause more damage to a target when you can just kill that target more or less instantly. GGG knows this, yet they are developing a whole series of skills to be used "like curses" as a way to kill enemies faster, which means something. It means the pacing is slow, and you are going to have a lot of buttons to press in combat.
I thought minion mains and Harvest Andys had the biggest persecution complex but these 'they're making the main game ruthless' conspiracy folks are giving them a strong run for their podium position.
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
Poe 2 will force you to play using the current Ruthless rules set, ie no movement skills, no drops, boss life reset etc.

100 devs is already a mind-numbing way to deal w updating Path of Exile, but having it be a Ruthless game mode will mean the same number of persons who participated last time around will put up w a permanent game.

Action games cannot have speedbumps, and Chris and the ********* they had on stage are hell-bent on ruining their cashcow, so more power to them

Imagine wasting 250 million USD on a game 14,000 people worldwide will play.

Nothing is forced, you don't have to play it and PoE2 is what it is. Was vanilla PoE a forced ruthless mode? No, it was just was PoE, and it changed eventually till what PoE is today. Everyone knows PoE2 was going to be closer to what original PoE was so stop your crying and drama.
Last edited by Valkaneer on Jul 28, 2023, 10:15:22 PM
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:

Sigh, I have 100% knowledge.

Gold. Only. Exists. In. Ruthless. Game. Modes.

Which is why we get a spacebar skill in PoE 2.

Gold was introduced once in Ruthless and taken out. I don't know why there is gold in POE2 tho, because gold in ruthless was a failed experiment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info