I've got a theory -- GGG is trying to get rid of most of us.

Yeah I'm thinking of switching to Ruthless but will wait a few more patches. The main game is on the right track though and I really like this patch. One liner things that make sense this patch:

Massively reduced currency during campaign. New and old players engage with more mechanics out of necessity. Stops trading for uber-op items when you shouldn't have them not that I play trade. Honestly if you can't beat the campaign with a 4L and dropped items, you shouldn't be playing maps.

Clear introduction of the mechanics during campaign that help making builds and don't insta-delete a player unless it's extremely poorly built. i.e mitigating elemental dmg comes in around a4+, a7 introduces poison dmg, a8 introduces crimson blood, a8 or maybe earlier introduces ailments (through ele-ailment reflect, this was a cool addition)

Maps, seem to have the old ADHD currency drop rates which makes sense. You get to end-game and white maps and the currency starts to reign in. It feels more rewarding and is required to start the end-game upgrade process.

Archnem, I feel is in a good spot, as you can see my build is probably garbage compared to meta and I'm not having any trouble with yellows. I stop and look at modifiers on essences etc, I pick and choose the content applicable to my builds weaknesses etc.

Itemization: The drop rates imo are still really poor in the main game, entire screen covered in yellows, also unique items drop maybe every 20-30 seconds as well - its just too much. I would way prefer stronger unique's across the board at half or even more of the current drop rate.
Last edited by AmpegV4 on Apr 17, 2023, 10:43:17 PM
"
lupasvasile wrote:
Too many people have been playing this game for too long. These people are burnt out; you cannot please a burnt out player. Take time off, or quit; it's healthier for everyone involved.

Well, i guess that when CW said that "he's making a game to be played forever", it didn't include the player base, just him.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
archnem coming back again ruined it fr me. game feels so bad because of it,compared to last league
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Apr 17, 2023, 11:05:27 PM
I feel a lot of players want a game akin to vampire survivors or something. You can always play Vampire Survivors or one of it's clones you know. I expect more from Path of Exile, I do not want lazy screen clearing and currency harvesting with one hand watching YouTube.

The game still needs itemization work but ruthless is getting more and more appealing - Item scarcity to the point where you have to build to adapt is really appealing. You shouldn't be able to google "I-win-build 3.21" and instantly steamroll the entire game -> which is how I think a lot of the whiners play this game.
"
AmpegV4 wrote:
I feel a lot of players want a game akin to vampire survivors or something. You can always play Vampire Survivors or one of it's clones you know. I expect more from Path of Exile, I do not want lazy screen clearing and currency harvesting with one hand watching YouTube.

The game still needs itemization work but ruthless is getting more and more appealing - Item scarcity to the point where you have to build to adapt is really appealing. You shouldn't be able to google "I-win-build 3.21" and instantly steamroll the entire game -> which is how I think a lot of the whiners play this game.

So, those who disagree with you should go play another game instead of sharing their thoughts. Got it.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
I would, it would beat doing something I don't enjoy and wasting time whining on reddit for something that's not going to change. Each to their own though.
"
Rakie1337 wrote:
most the player base want a different game.

Then go and play a different game. Easy. ^^
Tested Ruthless this league start. It’s interesting, but because of the missing lab points and no good movement skills I guess it’s just not for me. Stopped playing when started mapping.
Playing normal SSF this league instead. Way more fun, at least for me.
"
AmpegV4 wrote:

sounds like you want the game to go in a different direction than it always has been. i have been here since it had 3 acts that you went through over and over. and it has always been a "build how you want" game

it sounds like YOU should go play a different game, find a hardcore rogue-like game where you have to adapt your build depending on what RNGesus gives you.
Incorrect. The game is going in the direction I want ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info