I've got a theory -- GGG is trying to get rid of most of us.

More than that, Chris specifically stated ahead of time that Harvest as initially presented was an experiment, and would not likely go core without changes. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
More than that, Chris specifically stated ahead of time that Harvest as initially presented was an experiment, and would not likely go core without changes. ='[.]'=

Yea cuz people having fun , developing items and actually reaching items that they will probably never have again without investing stupid amounts of time was actually very disruptive for the game...

Agree streamers were rolling on mirror tier items but streamers will do that anyway with or without harvest...the fact that the normal pleb actually got his hands on some high tier items was the real problem...

I can see how GGG thinks fun is bad.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Yea cuz people having fun , developing items and actually reaching items that they will probably never have again without investing stupid amounts of time was actually very disruptive for the game...

Agree streamers were rolling on mirror tier items but streamers will do that anyway with or without harvest...the fact that the normal pleb actually got his hands on some high tier items was the real problem...

Has a lvl 100 character in cruicible league, yet complains about the game with every post he/she makes. Solid computer game enjoyer, keep up the good work!
"
innervation wrote:

I'm still waiting for you all to stop dancing around and support the original argument - that the game, now more than ever is being made for streamers and racers.

There has been exactly 1 point of evidence offered and that is the removal of Harvest - which was demonstrably them correcting a mistake. Full power Harvest was not some long standing tradition that they took away from players. It was a blip on the radar of crafting in this game therefore it is a bad piece of evidence for the proposition.

Please try again...but you won't, and we both know why. There is a mountain of evidence that the game is more accessible to non-streamer non-racers (which is 99.9% of players btw) and next to none for the original argument.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery Ive heard...

Anyway, fair question.

Aside from (1) Harvest, we had the (2) massive support gem massive nerf (Manifesto) and (3) Archnemesis mod change to the game.

Then we have (4) added content is the uber-uber stuff and not things that average players are engaging with and (5) addition of Ruthless to the game (which was initially promised not to take away from the regular game and was a side project, but then later took the late-league events away from regular PoE).

So your question is fair, but the answer is that it was not one single thing but the entire direction of the game.

This is in addition to things like hidden nerfs to drop rates, the fact that you could make a stronger build in 2.6 for 5 exalts than you can now for 30 divines (here).

I agree Harvest alone would make a poor argument, but its a lot more than that.

Where is your mountain of evidence that the game is more accessible to non-streamer non-racers? Please present a single, solitary piece of evidence? Nothing?
Last edited by trixxar on Apr 30, 2023, 3:26:12 AM
"
Strickl3r wrote:
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Has a lvl 100 character in cruicible league, yet complains about the game with every post he/she makes. Solid computer game enjoyer, keep up the good work!

If I am interesting enough for you to read my post history and stalk me, you should have read the one I said that I have nothing to play until d4...It's not that I particularly like PoE and like to bitch around , it's just that I am bored...

Also reaching level 100 it's a 2 hour job and 6 divines. So if you don't have a level 100 char in any of the leagues you don't know how to play the game efficiently...
Last edited by Vendetta on Apr 30, 2023, 2:34:15 AM
There was no need to stalk you, lmao. I just opened the latest threads in this subforum and your 2 cents were laying at the end of every one of them.
Last edited by Strickl3r on Apr 30, 2023, 4:22:01 AM
"
Strickl3r wrote:
There was no need to stalk you, lmao. I just opened the latest threads in this subforum and your 2 cents were laying at the end of every one of them.

Holy smokes, you weren't just kidding! Talk about living up to a forum handle! =@[.]@=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Id say there is a 100% chance that 3.22 is a shitshow once all the crucible power is gone and players are left with the old game balance.
Last edited by Paradoxoglanis on Apr 30, 2023, 11:06:00 AM
"
Strickl3r wrote:

And you didn't pick them up...what a waste of my 2 cents. Get some 5 ways you will reach level 100 and you won't feel the need to throw that as an argument.
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
Strickl3r wrote:

And you didn't pick them up...what a waste of my 2 cents. Get some 5 ways you will reach level 100 and you won't feel the need to throw that as an argument.

I don't want to. You play your game i play mine. I like the game for the most part.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info