[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

Hi

Sorry I'm new to POE.
I like the cold dot build, only lvl 92. got to a sort of "point of no return" - tried a few tips, but seems to begin to having problem with dps/survivability.
Started off with another guide on cold dot, but ended up here :)

I'm having difficulties crafting stuff/ getting to the point where I can get the crafts from the eater/exach and so forth.

any tips?

Sorry for the nuubish questions. good guide :)

"
Zirth87 wrote:
Hi

Sorry I'm new to POE.
I like the cold dot build, only lvl 92. got to a sort of "point of no return" - tried a few tips, but seems to begin to having problem with dps/survivability.
Started off with another guide on cold dot, but ended up here :)

I'm having difficulties crafting stuff/ getting to the point where I can get the crafts from the eater/exach and so forth.

any tips?

Sorry for the nuubish questions. good guide :)

Hi! Do you have a POB? Your profile is private so I cannot view your character.

Are you using Devouring Diadem?

The implicit crafts come from Eldritch currency: https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Eldritch_currency
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
sorry, should be open now.
No, I haven't been able to discover/find the helmet yet, using the other one you mentioned (I think)
Thank you for this excellent guide! I'm a new PoE player and this seems like it'll be the first build I finish acts with; it's very strong and very fun to play. Great job!

I have a couple of questions that I, as a noob, couldn't figure out myself. Firstly, when's the right time to drop cold snap? I have vaal cold snap now near the end of acts, but normal cold snap still feels great to use. More importantly, if I drop cold snap how will I apply shock and bonechill if using the endgame gem links you suggest? Shield charge? Using vaal cold snap for that doesn't seem all that viable, especially in boss fights.

And my second question is, what's the point of culling strike? Just to occassionally kill a 10% health boss with shield charge, or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks in advance to anyone providing me an answer!
"
Zirth87 wrote:
sorry, should be open now.
No, I haven't been able to discover/find the helmet yet, using the other one you mentioned (I think)

I will focus on the most important and impactful ones first:

Defense
1. Upgrade your belt. The current belt buffs "attacks" and spells are not considered as "attacks". Get a rare belt with at least 90 life and with at least 80% combined resistances.

2. Add Eldritch Battery asap. It will allow you to use ES as mana and disregard mana regeneration. Then, drop both mana flasks for a Jade and Quartz Flask (see guide part on flasks). During PoE mapping, the utility flasks are used on cooldown, so it should be up 90% of the time while mapping. You should also replace the Hallowed flask with a granite flask.

3. After Eldritch Battery is added, you can run four auras: Determination, Grace, Defiance Banner and Malevolence (I see them socketed in your boots but I don't know if you currently have the mana to run them?)

4. Use cast when damage taken support lvl 1. So that it will proc more often.

2 and 3 will provide you with a lot of armour and evasion which will boost your survivability.

Once you get a Devouring Diadem, you can drop Eldritch Battery since they helmet will provide it. It will consume corpses to heal you every 5 seconds, which will greatly increase your survivability. Then, switch Defiance Banner to Tempest Shield for shock immunity and spell block.

DPS
1. Buy lvl 21 Vortex, Creeping Frost and Vaal Cold Snap. DPS is dependent on gem levels.

2. Get a 6L chest (4B 2G).

3. Craft increased effect of non-damaging ailments on your amulet (or buy one if you do not have the craft). Anoint Ash, Frost and Storm on your amulet. Non-damaging ailments scales shock, chill and scorch, which in turn boosts your DPS (I have linked a video that explains this in further detail).

4. Get a glove with an inflict cold exposure implicit (see the guide for items - gloves).
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
"
sqeecoo wrote:
Thank you for this excellent guide! I'm a new PoE player and this seems like it'll be the first build I finish acts with; it's very strong and very fun to play. Great job!

I have a couple of questions that I, as a noob, couldn't figure out myself. Firstly, when's the right time to drop cold snap? I have vaal cold snap now near the end of acts, but normal cold snap still feels great to use. More importantly, if I drop cold snap how will I apply shock and bonechill if using the endgame gem links you suggest? Shield charge? Using vaal cold snap for that doesn't seem all that viable, especially in boss fights.

And my second question is, what's the point of culling strike? Just to occassionally kill a 10% health boss with shield charge, or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks in advance to anyone providing me an answer!

Thanks! Hope you finish all the acts successfully :)

Cold snap/VCS:
You will substitute the Cold Snap gem with the Vaal Cold Snap gem, no other gem should be sacrificed. Vaal cold snap allows you to use both cold snap and vaal cold snap. It provides you with an extra skill to use on cooldown. You may want to level up Vaal Cold Snap in your offhand until it is a higher level before replacing Cold Snap.

Vaal Cold Snap is very useful outside of boss fights, use it on cooldown.

I hope I answered your question?

Culling Strike:
Yes, it is to kill bosses or tanky rares at 10% life when your DPS is low. For late game, most players will replace culling strike with arcanist brand or defiance banner.
Last edited by LkGGz on Jun 2, 2023, 7:42:49 AM
I'm dumb, I totally failed to realize that Vaal Cold Snap also lets you use normal cold snap off the same gem. That's great, I'm happy I'm keeping normal cold snap cause I use it a lot and like it way more than creeping frost.

Vaal cold snap is very satisfying to use, yeah, I just wish there was a clearer indication of when it's ready to use.

Gotcha on culling strike.
Thank you very much for the detailed and extremely prompt answer, and once again thank you for the amazing guide.
"
sqeecoo wrote:
I'm dumb, I totally failed to realize that Vaal Cold Snap also lets you use normal cold snap off the same gem. That's great, I'm happy I'm keeping normal cold snap cause I use it a lot and like it way more than creeping frost.

Vaal cold snap is very satisfying to use, yeah, I just wish there was a clearer indication of when it's ready to use.

Gotcha on culling strike.
Thank you very much for the detailed and extremely prompt answer, and once again thank you for the amazing guide.

No worries, POE is a complex game.

Hope you have fun~
hi, how important is forbidden flesh/flame? they are like 7 div each? can you do all content besides ubers without these jewels?

4. DD with Ele Weakness/Frostbite

"For no. 4, you need to wait for a seller to come online or PM the sellers: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/QGy9EbOhw"

you can also get one for 3, 4 divines by buying any dd you like and hiring a lab enchant service at the TFT discord.
It's what I recommend doing as there are no frostbite ones for sale, even offline. That's how I got mine ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info