loot goblin will stay? clarify pls

"
zakalwe55 wrote:

My understanding of "lotto" is big peaks, lots of divines. I don't agree with your "lotto" definition of 1 divine.

Huh. What intentional mechanic combinations that people could control that could guarantee a innocence, lunaris or solaris touched with the right mods? 500X multiplier against zero is zero.

Like I said, you just dont understand. The lotto win was the mob, not the drop.

Instead of the loot goblin dropping one divine (lotto win), it was mechanically altered to drop 40-50 or more. (Exponentially increased lotto win)

How is this controlled? Its somewhat easy functionally. You stack Quant/Rarity, multiply with a party, use reliquary scarabs, juice up strongboxes for rares, and then pray to rng for a stacked Solaris/Lunaris mob with Opulent plus for conversion.

The only thing not controlled is the spawn of the loot goblin mob. Once they spawned you got rich.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Nov 17, 2022, 11:18:49 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
The only thing not controlled is the spawn of the loot goblin mob...

...Which was semi-controllable through MF culler services - at least for the MF culler, that had a 100% spawn chance every time he got "called in", as the mob had already spawned. Something that is no longer an option.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
The only thing not controlled is the spawn of the loot goblin mob...

...Which was semi-controllable through MF culler services - at least for the MF culler, that had a 100% spawn chance every time he got "called in", as the mob had already spawned. Something that is no longer an option.

True, but what I was explaining above with those big highlight explosions, those were premade teams that didnt call in anyone. Those parties will still be able to their thing in 3.20, with the only difference being the explosions will be a surprise. (Or if GGG makes numerical changes to prevent big divine drops, which they may not even disclose)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
zakalwe55 wrote:
I'm thinking that there will be less outliers aka loot goblins aka LOTTO WINS and the loot will be spread out more. Chris mentioned that the perception/reality of having to win the LOTTO to get loot is damaging to the game.

MF cullers/parties will still get more divines than anyone else but less likely to get 80+ in one screenshot because the peaks will be lower. IMHO.

Considering they replace Archnemessis mods with mods that do a single thing, most likely rare mobs will have less IIQ then in current system (aka less divines per "LOTTO WIN").

Spoiler
Mods say what they do rather than having a thematic name you must learn and remember
---------------------------------
For example, rather than "Incendiary", which broke down into six properties, you'd now see monsters with either "Ignites" or "Fire and Ignite Resistant". Instead of "Deadeye", which did five separate things, you'd now see "Applies Random Mark", "Extra Crits" or "Accurate" as separate unrelated mods.
Last edited by 6_din_49 on Nov 17, 2022, 11:41:51 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
zakalwe55 wrote:

My understanding of "lotto" is big peaks, lots of divines. I don't agree with your "lotto" definition of 1 divine.

Huh. What intentional mechanic combinations that people could control that could guarantee a innocence, lunaris or solaris touched with the right mods? 500X multiplier against zero is zero.

Like I said, you just dont understand. The lotto win was the mob, not the drop.

Instead of the loot goblin dropping one divine (lotto win), it was mechanically altered to drop 40-50 or more. (Exponentially increased lotto win)

How is this controlled? Its somewhat easy functionally. You stack Quant/Rarity, multiply with a party, use reliquary scarabs, juice up strongboxes for rares, and then pray to rng for a stacked Solaris/Lunaris mob with Opulent plus for conversion.

The only thing not controlled is the spawn of the loot goblin mob. Once they spawned you got rich.

Oh, the lotto win was the mob, not the drop. OK. But you can't get the drop without the mob. So same same? Or not? If the max divine screenshot was 9 divines would anyone care about god molested?

Well, I will focus on the big drops as the lotto wins. Everyone is taking screenshots of piles of divines not the god touched mobs. The end result is what matters. Even with a loot goblin and a MF culler you might still only get 1 or 2 divines.

Yeah, the only thing not controlled is the spawn of the loot goblin mob which is the most important part. Sure you can juice up the map and party but waiting for a stacked mob to show up is not hunting like you implied. You hope to be lucky aka win the lotto.

Also, if you kill a loot goblin mob without MF, you did not get rich. Many solo players got to experience this which is most POE players.

Summary: You may or may not get rich from a god molested mob but a big pile of cash is a big pile of cash.

8 mod maps are the new alch and go.
Last edited by zakalwe55 on Nov 17, 2022, 12:02:39 PM
MF groups should surely be able to find better loot but maybe not a 100 times compared to a loner without MF gear.

Exponential loot scaling and "juice" has gotten out of control long ago and I strongly agree to OPs agenda.
Last edited by Zottelfisch on Nov 17, 2022, 2:08:22 PM
I hope it works in a way that's fair. As people have said, it doesn't matter whether it's spiky or spread out - the area under the curve is what matters. The MF culler bad feelings part was only a part of the problem.

If stacking IIR/IIQ while mapping gives you 20x the generic currency rewards over time like it does now the system is broken. Facing the decision of "oh I'd like to play a mana stacker but I can't put enough MF on gear as a mana stacker so I can't play it" is not ideal.
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
I hope it works in a way that's fair. As people have said, it doesn't matter whether it's spiky or spread out - the area under the curve is what matters. The MF culler bad feelings part was only a part of the problem.

If stacking IIR/IIQ while mapping gives you 20x the generic currency rewards over time like it does now the system is broken. Facing the decision of "oh I'd like to play a mana stacker but I can't put enough MF on gear as a mana stacker so I can't play it" is not ideal.

+1

being FORCED to play mfculler or mf party (better) NOT good for game!
punish players for playin NON mf culler or NON party mf RLY RLY bad for game and GGG need to change it!

as i get it STILL be in party + mf culler will give u x30-x40-x50 more currency and stuff IF u play NON mf NON party...
instead of x100 its gonna be x30-x40-x50 (or more) so still not fixed anythin its same system that makes many ppl logoff from game

sadly this leagu shows that if u NOT mf ur not endgame grind at all (not mappin properly)... and its continue happen but slight less power

hope GGG will make it better and less punished for NON mf NON party
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
Last edited by TreeOfDead on Nov 18, 2022, 10:44:41 AM
It's too early to get worked up over since we don't know what the new version of a 'rare' reward will look like from these behind-the-scenes high-rolls.

But think about this OP, in regards to the 84 div explosion picture:

The groups who used to play in big MF parties quit last league b/c the loot wasn't good enough for them. The shit in those pictures is so bad that they quit. Now think about how much loot they were pulling in Legion and Harvest and Sentinel that the current environment which you all say 'favors MF so heavily' isn't enough to keep them playing.

What I'm saying is, the gap between you (assuming you call in a culler for your god-molested rares LOL) and the top party play has NEVER been lower in terms of what you're pulling out of maps.

I agree the game should have some semblance of balance and reasonability of loot systems, but its futile beating yourself up over what someone else might be getting. They were always getting more than you before, and they always will in the future. Because they play 16 hours a day and hyper-optimize the shit out of everything as a 7 man group to a degree that you don't have the time or desire to replicate. That's a long winded way of saying they 'earned' it.
"
6_din_49 wrote:
MF parties will always get better loot, that's expected. But we got rid of "should I hire culler for this kill?" dilemma, yey!

So we go from FOMO to ROMO (Realization Of Missing Out) after the kill? ;)
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info