loot goblin will stay? clarify pls

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
They were not specific in the manifesto about this actually. I tend to think that the loot goblins are not gone, but rather hidden behind non visable rng.

People & groups who stack Rarity and Quant will still likely have these loot explosions, but they will be unexpected.

I fully expect to see big divine drops on reddit and youtube again, but the difference being random (like a mirror drop highlight is). So the FOMO and guilt of not hiring a culler should be nearly gone for "average" players.

Yeah, this. As long as the modifier "Dropped items are converted to currency based on Rarity" remains in the game, there will still be "loot goblins". It's just that players won't have the "Lunaris|Solaris|Shakari Touched" label there to tell them when it'll happen.

The manifesto didn't say whether those kinds of modifiers are staying or leaving.
- here's my sig
Last edited by AcrylicHercules on Nov 17, 2022, 10:09:07 AM
"
Reinhart wrote:
I find it funny people are hysterical about 'loot goblins'.

To ease your pain, it will work like this:

def GenerateLootOnDeath():
___index = randomNumberBetweenZeroAndOne()
___if index < a:
______loot = GenerateStandardLoot()
___elif index < b:
______loot = GenerateHandfulOfJewels()
___elif index < c:
______loot = GenerateHandfulOfFlasks()
___elif index < d:
______loot = GenerateHandfulOfHighTierCurrency()
___elif index < e:
.... blablablabla
___return loot

Which means there will not be a conversion of uniques to rare currency. And yes if you run MF you will get more but that is part of POE's DNA since inception.

It returns a random number that gets compared with characters? No quotes needed for those? If it does use the ascii value the first case will always hit? If nothing else is done with the variable loot, why not return it right away (and turn the elifs into ifs)?

:-)

But more seriously what language is it?

Edit: checked around a bit - it seems to be Python
Did you try turning it off and on again?
Last edited by kaepae on Nov 17, 2022, 10:13:39 AM
Ok, a post more on topic:

From the manifesto:

In the new system, we have added a significant pool of new rewards to rares, but the reward that is on the monster is hidden (and not associated with a specific mod), so you don't know what kind of rewards you will get until you kill the monster. Rare monsters with more mods are more likely to have these special hidden reward mods. This new reward system smooths out the spikiness that the Archnemesis reward system had

What I read in this there will no longer be sudden explosions based on whether the mods stacked in your favor, but more spread out, while rares with multiple mods will be more rewarding. Just not as spiky.

I hope they bring additional clarification in the FAQ!
Did you try turning it off and on again?
I'm thinking that there will be less outliers aka loot goblins aka LOTTO WINS and the loot will be spread out more. Chris mentioned that the perception/reality of having to win the LOTTO to get loot is damaging to the game.

MF cullers/parties will still get more divines than anyone else but less likely to get 80+ in one screenshot because the peaks will be lower. IMHO.

8 mod maps are the new alch and go.
"
zakalwe55 wrote:
I'm thinking that there will be less outliers aka loot goblins aka LOTTO WINS and the loot will be spread out more. Chris mentioned that the perception/reality of having to win the LOTTO to get loot is damaging to the game.

MF cullers/parties will still get more divines than anyone else but less likely to get 80+ in one screenshot because the peaks will be lower. IMHO.

But that's not exactly right either due to rng and specific modifiers that are now hidden. You used to be able to hunt for loot goblins using a combination of mechanics and strongboxes with unique conversion to currency.

So now, instead of one mob dropping 50 divines you think there will be 50 mobs that drop a single divine over a course of a number of maps? Yeah I dont think so.

It will still be spiky, but unexpected, and uncontrollable. It might be slightly smoother looting, but dont expect a consistent rain of currency either.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
zakalwe55 wrote:

But that's not exactly right either due to rng and specific modifiers that are now hidden. You used to be able to hunt for loot goblins using a combination of mechanics and strongboxes with unique conversion to currency.

So now, instead of one mob dropping 50 divines you think there will be 50 mobs that drop a single divine over a course of a number of maps? Yeah I dont think so.

It will still be spiky, but unexpected, and uncontrollable. It might be slightly smoother looting, but dont expect a consistent rain of currency either.

Not totally uncontrollable or unexpected. "Rare monsters with more mods are more likely to have these special hidden reward mods." 50 mobs that drop a single divine? Where is the straight line in the after chart? The straight lines are in the before chart where 50 mobs drop nothing. Also, these charts are not divine orb only. The lower currencies are in the drop pool too right? Did people only complain about divine drops in 3.19? It sounded like there was scarcity all around.
Last edited by zakalwe55 on Nov 17, 2022, 10:41:17 AM
^

I think you misunderstand "lotto" in this concept, which was my point.

The big 50+ divine loot goblins were due to intentional mechanic combinations that people could control, and then expand with either party play, Rarity/ Quant stacking, or both which multiplied the drops.

So 1 divine actually is a "lotto" win with regards to the mob, it just wasn't exponentially modified like you could in 3.19

I suppose you could clarify what a "spread out" reward structure means in your graph. If we are talking about more alchs dropping...then well let's see how that goes lol.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Nov 17, 2022, 10:42:45 AM
While I think the ideas in the manifesto is a pretty clear step in the right direction, I understand the OP's critique here, because the disparity between MF and non-MF was probably too big in Kalandra.

What's getting lost on me from the original post, is: Are you comparing six-men MF parties with non-MF solo play? Are you dividing these party results on 6 when comparing? I mean, MF parties have ALWAYS been A LOT more profitable than solo play. Sure, it became pretty clear/visual (and more controllable?) in Kalandra, as loot was being shifted/funneled onto certain 'touched' mods - but the disparity has always been there.

While I think MF is a bad mechanic, I can understand that some players want this mechanic as a "next step" in loot progression. Nonetheless, I still think the FOMO of not doing MF was the biggest problem, as you always knew when and where you were missing out.

Personally, I don't really care how the game feels with MF. If people want to invest both time, currency and gear into running organized MF groups, I don't really mind if it's more lucrative. What I DO care about, is how the game feels without MF, which 99% of all players are doing. If that feels OK? And you feel like you're progressing? Then fine. I'm probably OK with that.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Nov 17, 2022, 10:48:25 AM
is it still a loot goblin? loot goblin is a visual indicator, hey kill me, I have lots of loot. that no longer exist.
S L O W E R
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
^

I think you misunderstand "lotto" in this concept, which was my point.

The big 50+ divine loot goblins were due to intentional mechanic combinations that people could control, and then expand with either party play, Rarity/ Quant stacking, or both which multiplied the drops.

So 1 divine actually is a "lotto" win with regards to the mob, it just wasn't exponentially modified like you could in 3.19

I suppose you could clarify what a "spread out" reward structure means in your graph. If we are talking about more alchs dropping...then well let's see how that goes lol.

My understanding of "lotto" is big peaks, lots of divines. I don't agree with your "lotto" definition of 1 divine.

Huh. What intentional mechanic combinations that people could control that could guarantee a innocence, lunaris or solaris touched with the right mods? 500X multiplier against zero is zero.

The "spread out" reward structure in my graph implies less spikes. It illustrates what GGG said they were going to do. Hopefully more of everything dropping and less zero drops. Some people had problems progressing in 3.19 because they didn't have enough lower currencies.

GGG: "This new reward system smooths out the spikiness that the Archnemesis reward system had."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info