Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

minion, reservation, defenses nerfed. Buffs for skills that most people don’t give a sh*t. Rip all my fav builds. If the patch note is out and all this sh*t is still there with the same archnem mods then see ya in 3.20
Kalandra - Borders (Official Music Video) ^_^
"
This has led to the combination of Defiance Banner, Determination and Grace feeling near mandatory for characters in hardcore leagues, and very attractive elsewhere.

And what about who does NOT stack Determination and Grace? Just nerfing the banner indiscriminately for everybody? If that's your problem, why not conditionally nerfing Defiance Banner only for who has both Grace and Determination active?

"
Problem: The introduction of reservation efficiency has encouraged a much larger range of builds to invest in reservation skills to a small or moderate degree. This is not a problem in itself, but currently the options for doing so are similar for every build, and provide slightly too much generic power relative to the investment required. Reservation mastery options are the biggest outliers in power, as they provide larger amounts of power than entire notable passive skills.
Solution: Remove the mana reservation efficiency mastery and reduce the power of the aura effect and life reservation efficiency masteries.

Buffs to monster healt and damage and the introduction of archnemesis mods made it MANDATORY to stack as many auras as possible to have even a possibility to counter them and survive. The sources of mana reservation efficiency on the skill tree were a bare minimum to play for the majority of players, and an "outlier" only for the usual few. In 6 months you really couldn't find a better solution to counter aurabots without damaging every other normal player? What are we getting to compensate this unwarranted nerf?
Last edited by Jackkal on Aug 3, 2022, 5:57:39 PM
So you acknowledge that spell suppression is a mandatory pickup for most characters that want strong defenses (and tell me, who don't want strong defenses?) and instead doing something that it isn't you just making it harder do obtain? Solid logic...
Last edited by Tr1d on Aug 3, 2022, 11:03:04 AM
i hope kalandra is cute, [Removed by Support]
Last edited by ChrisR_GGG on Aug 3, 2022, 11:07:04 AM
Hello GGG,
I usually don't post that much, but I will post some of my thoughts this time.
I started playing this game not long ago, but I can now see some of GGG's problems. I have played other games, so I can immediately see the problem POE has. It is mind-boggling that GGG seems cannot see the problem. Customer satisfaction should be the number one priority to be successful in business. Understandably, it isn't easy to satisfy all customers, but most customers have to be happy with what the business provides. I noticed that this game is extremely difficult for casual players and newcomers. And it seems that every new league is getting more difficult. The difficult part is item acquisition. Expert gamers can get items they need by grinding hard for many hours per day (many of them have time) and have the knowledge to craft, so it is not that difficult for them. GGG has been catering to top gamers' preferences and making the game harder. Many new and casual players try hard and give up eventually and move on to other games. How many new and casual players do you think you have lost over the years due to simply being too difficult for them? There were 390 MILLION people who played the Super Mario game. Do you think they played the game because it was super complex and difficult? How many players playing this Path of Exile game currently? Have you considered this game from a casual and new player perspective? You are losing your business simply because you are not accommodating new and casual players in your overall game scheme. You first need to introduce HARD mode for expert gamers ASAP to fix unbalanced game schemes between new and casual players and experienced players.
Don't bother with planning about 3.20. You can extend this 3.19 for next season if you need to do so. You listened to expert gamers' input in the past, made this game more difficult, and even introduced Uber bosses to satisfy them. By introducing Hard mode, you will satisfy top-tier players, and new and casual players will enjoy normal mode. Most people play any game to have fun and enjoy, not to grind and have stress and headache. Don't you know this simple logic? Who is responsible for reading this feedback and reporting to top management? This employee has to take this responsibility seriously and report every single feedback to top management to improve this game.
changes feel really bad to be honest. You made it look like we want to run grace-determination-def banner to abuse getting def, but it is necessity to stay alive during alch and go maps, even with 100ex+ gear. I know many people wanted hard mode, but it doesn't mean we want it as base game mode. Changes might be fine if you plan to lower monster damage and stop with your mechanics like dot grounds dealing 10kdmg/s with 75 res. There's ton characters and builds that can do insane damage with insane defence but let's be real; that's only few percent of the player base. If you want to create boring game with 1 archetype of playable character you are going in good direction.
Nice.
Looking forward to seeing some more nerfs on the tree for traps.
And of course a few more nerfs for "AN". Will they? Will they?
No Hype here Manifesto looks awful,the League Mechanic need to be very good otherwise i skip
So, main things:

1. nerf defence

2. nerf MOM, while saying it's a buff (?)

3. buff... fortify? i guess

4. nerf minion's survivability once again, nerf good(!) minion's damage by a decent amount, buff almost useless and uncomfortable minions to play with by like 5% pretty much

5. nerf dd/cremation, yes very stronk builds definitely should be dead, those 2 and a half peeps that played it would be disappointed

6. nerf RF's single target that has already been nearly ssf-tier but on trade league, oh as well as RF's defences

7. nerf approx 10-15% to seismic trap over all changes, i guess fair, buff to leveling traps pog

8. nerf EA (idk it lasted decent enough for one league, and it's not 3.18)

9. nerf CWDT by a large, CoD by a large but i don't think enough, fair

10. nerf blessings so noone would ever use any of them once again

11. nerf to sniper's mark, that's a funny one. They say that not many people even concider using it, but hey that's too stronk, nerf hammer

12. nerf hydrosphere once again, should've rather just deleted it from the game honestly, why bothering

13. buff to useless skills that will still remain useless imo, while only rejuv totem (doubtful but hey) and soulrend buffs seems gucci

14. jugg shenanigans idk honestly, i guess remained same

15. chieftain's slam buff (lol imagine playing slams XD)

16. buff to pathfinder overall, idk why did chaos and non-chaos skills were mentioned, gucci

17. nerf to a roughly 60ex budget-ish builds with omni, idk why

18. nerf melding of the flesh , i guess fair but well less builds to play hooray

19. nerf brittle, i guess fair but making it way less preferable to use at all

20. nerf to reservation efficiency once again plus nerf effect, probably causing use of one less aura

21. nerf to flask charge gain on hit by 50%, fair probably?

22. straight up delete of skill cost no mana while focused affix, idk, nerfing corrupting fever and.. that's it? idk why lol

23. rework of chanibreaker keystone to use rage to cast skills (???)

24. even more life recoup sources, useless

So guys, is there anything left to have fun with in the league?
Last edited by KirinXie on Aug 3, 2022, 11:17:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info