Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

So we got -25% flat damage to skeletons for whatever reason.
Then -2 levels from nerfed unnatural strength which is about -20% damage as well. So -45%.
This alone makes skeletons almost twice as bad!

-2 levels also means much squishier AG and zombies and in many cases one less spectre which is also terrible.

But then we got now almost useless power and frenzy charges which is an insane nerf in itself.

Then we got the +100% crit chance node removed and there will be "big cluster with minion crit nodes", big cluster is about 5 skillpoints, so we got -4 skillpoints to our build.

Then the mana reservation efficiency nerfed so less offensive auras for our minions on top of that.

Then we got bone rings which we cannot use because we really need those unset rings. If we equip the bone rings that's -2 much needed skills for our build.
(btw get rid of unset rings and let us make a socket in any rings we like, that would be a much better feature)

Then we got +2 lvls to minions hats but they will cost probably as much as some headhunter so casual players won't be able to get them. Also screw unique helmet users I guess.

If just one single of these nerfs were implemented it would be already really bad but somewhat manageable. But all these nerfs together completely destroys the skelemages build.
If you make the calculations they'll do like 20% of the damage they used to do.

How is it justified??

What is your problem with minions anyway? Did some minion bite you when you were children and now you hate them for no reason ggg? Skelemages weren't even an OP build, it's just a nice fun build. Skelemages is not the reason other minion builds suck. They just suck while skelemages are fine being what the minion build should be in the first place. So instead of buffing other minions you nerf the entire minion archetype.

There's builds in this game who melt uberbosses in seconds and skelemages is totally not one of them. Yet you nerf one okayish but fun build by ~80%, what is up with you ggg? Why do you hate us so much?

I tried different builds and this was my favorite one and now it will become five times worse and now I don't see myself playing PoE anymore.
Last edited by Nasitrap on Aug 3, 2022, 7:41:57 AM
Short question, how much playing time or exalts is now supposed to invest to do all endgame content, including UBER bosses (Maven, Sirus, Exarch)? With ~300ex investment my META skelemage without mirror-tiered crafted minion helmet was barely able to do UBER Searing Exarch, the phase "The fires of a thousand suns!" phase is almost impossible to do deathless. At last got melding+mageblood to get 90/90/90 res and tried to do uber Searing Exarch deathless, but did it at the last portal.

So, do we need to do several builds to kill uber bosses, and universal build capable of doing all content now costs several mirrors?
There once was an exile who found a map of infinite doctors.
Wow GGG why don't you just delete minions they are for sure dead now to me! :D
Problem: Melee is bad (can't kill ubers, 0 gauntlet representation)
Solution: Play Seismic Trap. We are not going to touch it.
wait, i thought you didnt want to kill builds. killed most minions builds, killed any corrupting blood builds. stop nerfing everything according to the top 1%, and let the the players have fun. your got no meat on the middle, yall are hacking at bones.
Problem : Divine Blessing Support was garbage but a bug made it be ok with Lifetap Support.

Solution: We make it become garbage for every build.

why tf do you nerf first char spectres(!!) absolutely to the ground?
Build diversity my arsehole.

Wake me when 3.20 is live.
"
Nasitrap wrote:
So we got -25% flat damage to skeletons for whatever reason.
Then -2 levels from nerfed unnatural strength which is about -20% damage as well. So -45%.
This alone makes skeletons almost twice as bad!

-2 levels also means much squishier AG and zombies and in many cases one less spectre which is also terrible.

But then we got now almost useless power and frenzy charges which is an insane nerf in itself.

Then we got the +100% crit chance node removed and there will be "big cluster with minion crit nodes", big cluster is about 5 skillpoints, so we got -4 skillpoints to our build.

Then the mana reservation efficiency nerfed so less offensive auras for our minions on top of that.

Then we got bone rings which we cannot use because we really need those unset rings. If we equip the bone rings that's -2 much needed skills for our build.
(btw get rid of unset rings and let us make a socket in any rings we like, that would be a much better feature)

Then we got +2 lvls to minions hats but they will cost probably as much as some headhunter so casual players won't be able to get them. Also screw unique helmet users I guess.

If just one single of these nerfs were implemented it would be already really bad but somewhat manageable. But all these nerfs together completely destroys the skelemages build.
If you make the calculations they'll do like 20% of the damage they used to do.

How is it justified??

What is your problem with minions anyway? Did some minion bite you when you were children and now you hate them for no reason ggg? Skelemages weren't even an OP build, it's just a nice fun build. Skelemages is not the reason other minion builds suck. They just suck while skelemages are fine being what the minion build should be in the first place. So instead of buffing other minions you nerf the entire minion archetype.

There's builds in this game who melt uberbosses in seconds and skelemages is totally not one of them. Yet you nerf one okayish but fun build by ~80%, what is up with you ggg? Why do you hate us so much?

I tried different builds and this was my favorite one and now it will become five times worse and now I don't see myself playing PoE anymore.

Wtf! Didn't realize it was this bad! You are right!

Minions wasn't overpowered, just a nice trusted build for play and chill. Keeping skeletons alive was incredible hard and now will be impossible.

Nerfing necromancer kills her purpose, instead of buffing others minion related ascendacy
Minions killed in the trash
1. Removed +2 in ascendancy and in most builds on minions this cannot be compensated in any way, even with a new helmet mod for +2 to all minions (because minions mainly use uniques)
2. Nerfed Monkeys that gave crits and attack speed, this is at least 20% DPS
3. Brittell ground was nerfed, now all minions play through crits
4. Minion survivability was nerfed, now animatron and zombies will die on often (zombies died often anyway)
5. Removed masters with crits
6. Made useless ascendancy Unholy Might (chaos damage). It turns out that the Necromancer now has only 3 ascendancy keynodes for minions.
7. Nerfed the base damage of the minions (here we are waiting for a patch note, but most likely this means that the flat damage of all minions will be nerfed)
8. Removed movement speed and hp as minion quality gems, which will also affect clearing and survivability.
9. Plus, you still have to remove 1 aura (due to the fact that the masters were removed by + 15%, now even with enlighten 4 it will not be possible to turn on all the auras)
10. Added nodes with crits for minions to the tree, but before you got them from Monkeys, and now you need to spend 4 points on the tree to get crits. Complete nonsense.

As a result, we get completely unplayable builds for minions, they didn’t kill the Uber Bosses anyway (only if you invest mirrors) and only 5% of the players played them, so now finally forget it.

Of course, we’ll wait for patch notes, maybe there will be some buffs there, but in general it looks like a league skip, because I only play minions and I don’t see any options yet, maybe the minions were nerfed by 50% in damage and 30% in survivability . GGG thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info