Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

OMG
May I ask why Melee is not mentioned here? Melee is in need of huge balance! Or am I missing something????
some good balances, some bad balances.... thats all... at least new skills? if not i will skip, already 2 leagues without nothing.
By the way, this game has skeleton archers :D
May peace be with you, exile.
0 changes to melee, another league where melee is the worst, why was nothing even mentioned about it. We got a global defense nerf for what it seems further beating the dead horse of melee pretty much.
Are the monsters over tuned and map mods crazy? No.... It's the players fault.

I already died enough. I'm not going to let you continue to whip me more. Nerfing defense just shows how out of touch you are with this.
Ah, great. Double the nerfs this time. Reservation efficiency nerfs will hurt a lot of builds. Thanks GGG.

While this is not as bad as the disaster of 3.15 it's definitely the worst since then.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Many of these changes were expected and as a minion build player. I enjoyed the extra damage but knew it was a matter of time before things got fixed. I play minion builds because I do not like being in the middle of all the incoming damage. I follow a lot of build guides, watch a lot of streamers and even still will admit, I suck at understanding 10% of everything this game has to offer. I consider myself very casual and I made it to red maps once in all the leagues I have played.

3.18 was a monstrous wake up call on just how bad I am. Played the same minion build I normally do and yet struggled far more than I had before. Even with the patches, I chose to stop when I finished act 10. I did not want to face dying more then I already had or moving so slow, it became a chore and not a fun game.

As I watched Mathil go through the manifesto today, something he said really got me. Those of us who stick with one build type consistently throughout the leagues miss out on what the game has to offer in its entirety. I did try flicker strike one time many leagues ago, loved the idea of it but it was not end game viable. I cringed when I spent 5 mins, flickering on one boss. Every other character, minions. Time for a change, not because of the nerfs but because I need to grow as a player.

Also, as a casual player who still has not figured out crafting, what gear is worth keeping, and what should not be picked up...nerfs do suck but it "is" a part of playing games such as these.
Last edited by Pestílence on Aug 2, 2022, 10:25:42 PM
It's like they don't want my money.
MoM still not worth investing. Unless u add some recoup

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info