Path of Exile: Siege of the Atlas Teasers

"
PatrickPoe88 wrote:
lol.

mageblood is 800ex atm...but sure its not just for the 1% lol
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Jan 24, 2022, 1:27:53 PM
Nice!
Started playing in Ultimatum and got serious in Archnemesis.
Add me on steam: steamcommunity.com/id/Ash91_ (friend code: 413758162)
"
Yes there are way too many div cards. I don’t play anymore but too much of something is never good, and PoE has too much of everything. Even leagues are too short and instead duration should be doubled as it would give them more time to create higher quality content instead of churning out as they do every 3 months where players beta test for half the league. Unfortunate really.
It certainly does.

Div cards need a wiki page (or other location) where you can sort them by maps, by card name and by reward type. Ideally, a mouse over on a map would tell you which [rare] cards might by found.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Oh boy. OK let's go.
"
rekikyo wrote:

Okay. Apparently a nub moment, because I've never had cause to look up a cap.

BUT: We're talking about bosses, which have augmented Ailment Thresholds. For all intents and purposes, the numbers I mentioned are realistic compared to what you normally do. Most bosses you are lucky to apply a 10-16% Shock effect or a 6% Slow from Chill. Multiplicatively the penetration erases that, and will let people strongly go for the 30/50.

Thank God skitterbots+unbound ailments is a thing.
"
rekikyo wrote:
On Shock: There are ways to gain more than a 50% Cap on Shock. Voltaxic Rift is 100%, and there is a mastery that gives other builds 60%.
rekikyo

If you have a Voltaxic Rift with this build, the result is literally around 400% damage, because you are dealing raw damage on hit to in some cases -110% Resistances, to -200% Resistances.

Suppose your Voltaxic rift build has a DPS of 12 million DPS vs Sirus. Sirus has 50/50/50/30 Resistances. At 12 mil DPS, you do about a 36% innate Shock effect. Voltaxic's innate modifier that makes a boss take a shock as if taking 300% damage raises this 36% to above 50%, because of its other innate value that raises the Shock Threshold to 100%. 36 mil effective DPS results in about a 55% Effect of Shock. Now, let's compare the two, given only lightning and chaos damage.
Suppose -48% Pen vs -158% Pen

Normal:
Chaos Damage: 12,000,000(.6)(.7) = 5,040,000 Damage
Lightning Damage: 12,000,000(.4)(.98) = 4,704,000
Combined Damage with Shock: 9,744,000(1.53 (shock of 29.2 mil)) = 14,908,320 Damage to Sirus.

With Amulet/1100 Stats:
Chaos Damage: 12,000,000(.6)(.7) = 5,040,000 Damage
Lightning Damage: 12,000,000(.4)(2.08) = 9,984,000 Damage
Combined Damage with Shock: 15,024,000(1.65 (shock value of 45 million)) = 24,789,600

That's a 10,000,000 difference in damage, or roughly 71% Increase.

It's also worth noting; That's NOT a max Attribute build. That's a pretty basic middle ground build with only 1100 Stats. On a Build with Voltaxic with Increased Effect of Shock Modifiers (I didn't include them yet), and -200% Lightning Resistance, the damage will Cap out at 100% Increased Shock Damage, and will do more raw base damage.

Now..... let's assume we lose a little of our base DPS because of chasing some attributes. I'm going to reduce 12,000,000 DPS to 10,000,000 DPS just for the joke of it.

Here's 100%/-200%:

Chaos Damage: 10,000,000(.6)(.7) = 4,200,000 Damage
Lightning Damage: 10,000,000(.4)(2.98) = 11,920,000
Combined Damage with Shock: 16,120,000(2.0) = 32,240,000.

So you are going to build your whole character to stack attributes to boost ELEMENTAL penetration via amulet on a build that converts majority of it's damage to CHAOS.
"
rekikyo wrote:
Spoiler

The Ignite argument is correct on its face, because the ignite applying effect will literally have to deal with negative fire resist, which is the problem that makes Fire damage generally a poor matchup for most end game bosses.

If you have 15 mil DPS but only 48% Penetration vs a boss that has 90% Fire res, the result is a calculation where you only do 8,700,000, and Ignite worth 17,400,000 when over a total of 4 seconds.

If the same base damage were applied with 200% Fire Penetration, the result is a 31,500,000 hit that does Ignite damage of 63,000,000 over 4 seconds.

VAST difference.

I'm guessing your comment on Ignite was that because DoT doesn't usually reflect Penetration. However, Ignite derives its initial damage from a Hit, so Yes. It's one of the only DoT that DOES reflect resistances. Burn intrinsically doesn't, like that from Flame Dash or Flame Wall.

EDIT: I'm wrong on this point so disregard the Ignite convo. It's still worth mentioning the initial Hit on a Fire build will be much larger after modification. I'm not going to delete the convo and pretend it didn't happen.

Ignite is not actualy based on the hit ;) Neither penetration nor any hit multipliers increase ignite damage. But I guess you already know that since you corrected yourself. Nonetheless your calcs were off grid again since ignite got reworked this league. Base ignite dot is no longer 50% of spell/attack base damage*ignite multipliers, it's 125% now. Fandom wiki is outdated use poewikinet.

"
rekikyo wrote:
Spoiler

Now, I know that trying to get enough stats to get to 200 Penetration (the 48% you had in the initial build + 1520 Omniscience) requires some build alterations you wouldn't normally do. However, that's a number of attributes that's actually at a manageable level, and doesn't really require that much investment. A scion can grab both Attribute wheels on the Skill Tree, as well as an innate 180 from Ascending, and gain about another 300-400 base just from creating their tree to get around to Clusters. All they need is to craft a Attribute belt, and pick up some 60 Stat rolls on some gear, and they can achieve 1520 Omniscience without really trying, and STILL build close to the same base DPS as they did without the attribute build.

You're not ever going to bridge the gap between a build that still has to deal with base boss Resists and a build that doesn't. Ever.

Curses don't even bypass core boss resists anymore. Exposure usually isn't strong enough on top of curses to break through either, or if it does, it only brings them to about -10% to -20%. The game has no minimum limit on ele penetration.

Doryani's is literally the exception to the rule on single target damage. Every other build to this date, other than an "Ignores Resistance" rule has not had an easy time of dealing with ele resistances other than by blowing up damage to a point where it no longer mattered.

I'm not negating the fact that this amulet is OP and probably another addition to chase unique items. I was pointing out that in some cases your arguments were invalid or numbers were off the charts ;) I like your persistece and creativity though ;) Keep up theorycrafting, but don't forget to check your stuff ;)
sudden dawn helm looks awesome, both actual look and stats.
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
"
cool amulet. another item i will never see next to mageblood and the squiree,

how bout adding items that more than 1% can have access to?

THIS , GGG
THE DEEP SMELL OF YOU.. DANGEROUSLY MATCHES THE PERFUME INSIDE OF ME..
IT MUST BE MY HEART YOU ARE AFTER..
IT MUST BE MY LUNGS YOU ARE BREATHING FROM..
WE ARE NOT THE WINNERS OR THE LOSERS..
OH BABY WE ARE THE FIGHT ! ! !
the music on the league name reveal is on a whole new level of Epic!
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
I guess Sudden Dawn is mainly a mapping unique.
Last edited by Nimroth on Jan 24, 2022, 6:21:51 PM
"
cjbLazin wrote:
"

THIS , GGG

The whole point of these items is to give players the "OMG what the heck just dropped! This is awesome!"-feeling. The 1% you guys keep nagging about will always be able to buy whatever item they want anyway so this is in fact not designed for them. It acutally is a bigger bonus for the 99% that can never play enough/grind enough to trade into the chase items. This gives them a chance to be lucky and "win" some end game reward that they can either sell for a bunch of currency or use. They should in fact add more stuff like this to the game. Personally I wish they could hide them from being datamined and never mention adding them to the game to add extra effect to the surprise(However I guess they can't do that due to people missing out on the items due to item filters :P)

"
arknath wrote:
"
cjbLazin wrote:
"

THIS , GGG

The whole point of these items is to give players the "OMG what the heck just dropped! This is awesome!"-feeling. The 1% you guys keep nagging about will always be able to buy whatever item they want anyway so this is in fact not designed for them. It acutally is a bigger bonus for the 99% that can never play enough/grind enough to trade into the chase items. This gives them a chance to be lucky and "win" some end game reward that they can either sell for a bunch of currency or use. They should in fact add more stuff like this to the game. Personally I wish they could hide them from being datamined and never mention adding them to the game to add extra effect to the surprise(However I guess they can't do that due to people missing out on the items due to item filters :P)

yeah we can all drop it..we can all also win the lottery...about the same chances.

they can add these items i'm just saying add some more common items as well so i can experience them. i dont think i have EVER dropped any item that was new to a league

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info