Streamer priority confirmed. PoE is free to play, so play it for free, but Boycott GGG.

Invested? You really don't get it. It's "spent"... not "invested".
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Invested? You really don't get it. It's "spent"... not "invested".

I really do get it, I do. An investment is a devotion of one's time, effort, or energy to a particular undertaking with the expectation of a worthwhile result.

I invested into a live service game with the expectation of a worthwhile result. I spent as well. Bit of both. But I do get it.
Ok. I'm going to invest in a beer.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Ok. I'm going to invest in a beer.

Me too, cheers Shags! Now, if this beer happens to be flat and does not produce a buzz like my expectations tell me it should. I'll be a lil dissapointed.
Been boycotting for a while now, my wallet feels liberated. In the longrun I feel jebaited due to poor decision making by development. Harvest nerfs wasn't *the* thing that prompted my exit but one of many things. I just recently relogged to finally experience the "texture streaming" function that's been in-game for a while now and I'm totally unimpressed, just makes the game feel/look worse than D1 GFX.
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
I admit, I haven't invested much time into this thread lately -- scoring a PS5 almost at random when you've all but given up on getting one until roughly a week before Armageddon will do that to a fellow -- but I am still very much invested in its message.

It doesn't take me long to get back into the frame of mind that wrote it, in other words. I had my misgivings: surely a week or so off would restore perspective, would remind me of the things that REALLY matter, but no. I circle back to this and it's still as fucked as it was the day it happened.

And I don't think it'll ever not be fucked.

On the other hand, I was never as invested in the game as I was in the company that made it, and this is definitely more 'fucked' from that angle than from the stance of someone who only cares about the game. Or rather, the magnitude of the fuckedness (TOTALLY A WORD NOW) is more apparent when you view things through a lens of what this means in terms of GGG, and not merely PoE. Then again, given GGG's spectacular failure to make more than one game (worth more than $100m USD, haha), maybe there's not that much difference.

I want to rag on the silliness of a studio called 'Grinding Gear Games' making only one game (and a possible mobile port that almost certainly won't make it to the party, not that any true Exile is cool enough for that lame event), but I figure Black Books sold almost no books at all, so that's a bit of a low-hanging fruit.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
I stand with Charan.

*Player since 2013

**Edited, sorry I went off topic.
Last edited by BobLobLaww on Jun 1, 2021, 8:27:56 PM
Boem had to burn the bridge... he had to want it this way. I miss him to, but respect his wishes to remain persona non grata.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Boem

Now there was a forum legend.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Boem

Now there was a forum legend.

That title is to be used sparingly.