Streamer priority confirmed. PoE is free to play, so play it for free, but Boycott GGG.

It's not even just about whether it's fair competition or not (since that affects fewer people) but the fact that GGG was letting only certain people play while the majority of players felt left out- a sign that points to GGG generally being out of touch with their audience considering they assumed people would be fine watching streamers play until things are fixed.
"
"
To folks arguing that PoE is not a competition
I consider it a competition. Anything that artificially skews what should be a level playing field is bad. I know I have siad it in this thread and others( because it does need to be repeated), GGG should put the issue of possible( very likely in some players minds) Streamer and Whale RNG or combat perks to bed with regular 3rd party code audits. I'm pretty sure it would be less $$$ than the alleged pile of money Chris was worried about setting on fire, but then set the much bigger pile behind that one on fire with a flame thrower.

I guarantee you there’s no whale rng.
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
It's not even just about whether it's fair competition or not (since that affects fewer people) but the fact that GGG was letting only certain people play while the majority of players felt left out- a sign that points to GGG generally being out of touch with their audience considering they assumed people would be fine watching streamers play until things are fixed.

It's like according to GGG:
Streamers showing the game down = PANIC, our pile of cash is on fire
100k actual players in queue = hey hey get in line and wait patiently
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
"
isnotonline wrote:
BEST THREAD EVER :D

My apologies for not having anything useful to add to the discussion, but i just cannot remember the last time i was this interested in reading a new post as soon as it was submitted.

I offer a genuine and heartfelt thank you to each and every one of you.

Thank you for the encouragement. As you can imagine, each day that passes, it gets a little tougher to maintain the momentum. I imagine that's exactly what GGG want -- people to 'get over it' and 'move on'. I mean, they apologised, right? Said they'd never do it again. All that.

I still read that as 'we promise not to be forced to show you us doing it again', at least in terms of a broader concept of this loathsome double standard between normal player and lucrative streamer. And it is loathsome because the moment GGG were forced to show everyone how it works, they knew they'd need to apologise for it. Profusely. I believe a 'mistake' is when you do something but are largely unaware of the magnitude of how big an issue it might be later. But when you're fully aware of the repercussions and do it anyway, that's not a mistake. That's a measured decision wherein you believe the consequences are secondary to the value of that decision. See: burning big piles of money.

It's just incredibly difficult for me to accept that this was an isolated incident rather than the culmination of changes to GGG's core trajectory and focus over the past few years. Changes that gradually relegated players, supporters specifically, to a position where their loyalty and support is taken for granted. And when you look at the numbers, at the sheer amount of moolah they're raking in annually from Exiles (~50m USD), it's easy to see why they'd allow themselves to feel that way. Why they'd believe THAT big pile of money, largely given out of love and approval, is a given, and they're free to pursue others...which is fine, as long as they don't let that first pile of money see how little they think those providing it.

It really does come back to that for me. If they're going to be this openly contemptuous of their reliable source of revenue, why not just go full ham and offer a shallow but tangible apology in the form of free mystery boxes (what we exposed to the gacha industry call 'apologems')? Surely that's the next step of this sort of one-way relationship: the 'remorseful' and 100% predictable show of token generosity the day after the abuse? I'm sure some of you, maybe even many of you, know exactly what I mean. Maybe you've even been there.

GGG: if you're going to behave like just another money-hungry free to play developer, at least be honest about it.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 23, 2021, 9:14:25 PM
"

Shagsbeard makes a good point here: your support money has now been shown to go to, as well as any other PoE-related expenses, *streamers who have to be paid to play the game YOU pay to support*...let that sink in.

its called advertising. this is a company whos product, this game, its players enjoy playing and need to be funded and profitable moving forward so we can all keep playing it and getting these awesome updates every 3 months. and part of this is that the company invests money into advertising.

advertising, in a capitalist world this company who has to exist within that system uses advertising.

...yep, im letting it sink in, i paid for a product from a company who pays money for advertising....

what am i expecting here? you expecting me to feel something? some sort of outrage charan? this moral horror of a company who advertises their product.

the only thing thats really doing any rounds in my brain is trying, and failing, to remember the last time i paid for a product from a company that has never used some of its profit to advertise.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Apr 23, 2021, 9:35:36 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

[Removed by Support]

Rightyo then mate. You're clearly in that 'get over it' and 'move on' crowd I rather ironically just typed about. Well, if you want to move on, no point sticking in this thread, is there? There's the door. Take care.

PS:

^_^
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Apr 23, 2021, 9:37:37 PM
"
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

[Removed by Support]

Rightyo then mate. You're clearly in that 'get over it' and 'move on' crowd I rather ironically just typed about. Well, if you want to move on, no point sticking in this thread, is there? There's the door. Take care.

im part of the people who actually play this game and want to exist in a positive community that doesnt try really hard to be toxic and hateful for no good reason, people who are actually capable of detached logic and self examination.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Apr 23, 2021, 9:37:03 PM
...Dude. I'm sorry. I was not offended by any of that. It was fiery and convicted, which I will always respect more than milquetoast, mealy-mouthed, wishy-washy balderdash.

Which is to say: it wasn't me. So let's all read between the lines there, shall we? This is a place for the tread of angels, not the rush of fools, as Forster (or even Pope) might put it.

Or, to quote a somewhat less subtle source in "Southland Tales", They are watching.

Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 23, 2021, 9:56:02 PM
yeah, even after all this toxic nonsense based on essentially lies that you are saying about them, theyre still going to stop me telling you some home truths. i could have said a lot more than i did, but what little i said said enough. enough to get it deleted and enough to paint a real picture of where the morality in this debate actually sits.

maybe its not everyone else who needs to step back and let something sink in.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

im part of the people who actually play this game and want to exist in a positive community that doesnt try really hard to be toxic and hateful for no good reason, people who are actually capable of detached logic and self examination.

[Removed by Support]

Of course I can't see all of your last couple of posts but what I can see of your posts seem to much better fall into your category of toxic and hateful than anyone else's posts on the past page or two.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info