Streamer priority confirmed. PoE is free to play, so play it for free, but Boycott GGG.

"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
SisterBlister wrote:

The whole fiasco would be a lot less important if people in the priority Q couldn't compete with others. Still wouldn't be totally ethical (as it's a form of false advertisement) but would have been much less bad as it would not cast doubt on the "all racers have equal chances" principle.

TBH you're just kidding yourself if you say "All racers have equal chances" - none of the people complaining have a chance anyway since all things being equal they would still be doing Act 3 while the speed runners are hitting maps.

Haven't seen any complaints from people who actually have a chance of competing or pushing ladders or dominating the economy which makes all this outrage pretty funny.

This is a good way to prevent discovering young bloods, getting more players to try to learn, get good and join/form new groups. We can ask GGG to label the leagues as such but I don't think they will agree.

'Leagues are a great way to kid yourself that all participants have equal chances'

Hope it sells...
cute, posts no longer bump this thread..

Bug or feature? Your guess is as good as mine :(
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
SisterBlister wrote:

This should only be the case if the OP is on probation...which he currently is not. To my knowledge.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
SisterBlister wrote:

Third from the top, seems to bump just fine :)
while i also totally don't understand ggg's reasoning to give streamers prioritised access to a league that is basically a race, i would never call to boycott them.

because, what's the goal of that?

if you succeed, 10c pulls the plug on the world realm and ggg is exclusively working on the chinese client.

is this some weird form of "kill what you love"?

it's the same braindead request as calling a boycott on any other company's product. because all companies get from this is that they need better advertisement.

on a related note: ggg should pay their streamers directly so they don't rely on their viewers paying them for favours.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
while i also totally don't understand ggg's reasoning to give streamers prioritised access to a league that is basically a race, i would never call to boycott them.

if you succeed, 10c pulls the plug on the world realm and ggg is exclusively working on the chinese client.

it's the same braindead request as calling a boycott on any other company's product. because all companies get from this is that they need better advertisement.

on a related note: ggg should pay their streamers directly so they don't rely on their viewers paying them for favours.

Do me a favour and actually read the first post. Even the summary should make it clear, but the last spoilered section really drives home what this is about. No one here should be naïve enough to think any sort of boycott would 'kill' GGG or even PoE. It's about sending a message.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 22, 2021, 12:34:21 PM
"
vio wrote:

In general, aside from being totally wrong in this particular case if you even understood the premise in the OP, somehow telling people how and when to spend their money/support, and the conditions of said support, is poor form.

Hell I wouldnt even fault some exiles if the Tencent acquisition alone made them withdraw support ages ago.

To go a step further, not all exiles, and I've meet quite a few of them, are in a position to support them anyways, and their feedback(and state of current rage at GGG) is no less important.

Bottom line is Mr Chan detailed the situation perfectly, and its perfectly reasonable. If you want to play the game, and enjoy it, please continue to do so.

If you are also fucking pissed off at the contempt GGG has shown the average customer that includes yourself, please by all means, show them. Let them see how the purchasing power of your "normal" PoE players in the many thosuands, far exceed your advertising dollars for a variety streamer that couldnt give a fuck about PoE and GGG, but is happy to take their money.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Apr 22, 2021, 12:46:31 PM
"
vio wrote:

You are severely underestimating GGG's capability to correct mistakes committed.

We are confident in their ability to listen hence our decision to express our disappointment. If not, we could have simply just left and play other games.
very simple, do not buy more packs. Let them live with the support of streammers. Play for free. For REAL free.
I'm on it until D4.
"

Do me a favour and actually read the first post. Even the summary should make it clear, but the last spoilered section really drives home what this is about. No one here should be naïve enough to think any sort of boycott would 'kill' GGG or even PoE. It's about sending a message.

i'm more for procedures which let me win if i put all my energy into it.

your message, it's like shooting someone with the intention to just hurt him a little while not knowing what gun you hold.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info