CreateShaderResourceViewEx: Wrong Parameter

Just restarted the Game and got a 1,7 GB Patch, no changes, the game crasches with a windows blue screen followed by a PC Reboot.
Ive been trying to help a friend with the same problem thats in this thread. I wanted to add that I have 5 machines dating back at least 7 years old and all play the game just fine after this patch.

Machine 1
gateway computer
intel I5 with gtx 560
windows 7

Machine 2
alienware m17r3 notebook
intel i7 with gtx 460m
windows 7

Machine 3
alienware aurora r4
i7 with 1660 super
windows 7

Machine 4
alienware aurora r4
i7 with gtx 660
windows 7

Machine 5
dell all in one inspiron 24
i5 with built in graphics no graphics card
windows 10

The point is windows 7 has nothing to do with this issue.

My friend has windows 7 but a hd 4800 which only does dx 10.1 feature level.

So it seems to be the lack of dx 11 that causes the problem.

If dxdiag shows ddi version 10.1 that seems to mean you cant play poe after this update.

Windows 7 does dx 11 just fine.

So the ones that keep saying windows 8+ is required are wrong.

Also I bought a gtx 560 card for my friend which should get here this coming week and if it fixes the problem for him I will post it here.

all ggg cares abaut is delete forum complains nice job people
So i guess we're outta luck and the only fix is to upgrade pcs. Funny how the performance patch that aimed to help hdd users (old pcs mostly i assume) simultanously broke it for those users ):

Waaaah! ;-(
Yup, apparently I have version 11 but it's running as 10.1
Covoldemort's been affecting my industry, I cant justify upgrading right now any more than I could justify it to solve my Harvest bug

I also like the fact that they ignore complaints. no would have specified whether it is possible to solve this problem or not. Ignoring a good way to communicate with players
13 page of complaning and no GGG answer yet. what a dick move GGG. guess it is time to angry reddit post
“CreateShaderReourceViewEx: the parameter is incorrect”

Nice optimization

GGG, Where is your official response to this problem?
Your attitude to the players is a delight!

:(
"
ateam1122 wrote:
13 page of complaning and no GGG answer yet. what a dick move GGG. guess it is time to angry reddit post

The funny thing about what you just said is that they have admitted they pay attention to the Reddit more than their own forums on their own website. They read Reddit and listen to people on Reddit before they read their forums and listen to people on their forums. Hell they even release updates on Reddit before they release them on their own forums also.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info