Will Harvest Become Core Path of Exile Content?

"
jabeleta wrote:
i hate craft..
just wanna kill mobs mindlessly to relax

Same
"
Infinal wrote:
"
BigAl265 wrote:
I just came back after about 6 years, I played for 2 years straight (starting in the beta) before I finally gave up on PoE, and I was really happy to see Harvest crafting. The main reason I originally quit was because I was so frustrated with the terrible drops, lack of crafting, and having to play trading simulator all day. Harvest has made being self found actually viable and enjoyable, I've been having an awesome time again since I started playing a few weeks ago.

I'll admit, Harvest crafting feels a bit OP, but removing it all together is really going to sting. You can't give people filet mignon one day and then expect them to be just as happy with ground chuck the next. You guys really need to consider rolling some of the deterministic crafting you've given us into the core game, or you're gonna have a lot of unhappy players again.

This. Also called it. In reality it's once more rich vs. poor, the former doing their best to keep the latter from also getting anything worthwhile as we could in Harvest.

Hard to be unahppy when you move on to a game that actually has a reward system for effort, like this season had. "unhappy players is overly optimistic, that we will remain players at all.
Last edited by osirisis42 on Aug 13, 2020, 3:10:04 PM
Thx good..best news hahaa lalalalaaa im so happy now...gg GGG
Hey GGG i think you really need to DELIVER next League

sadly its not the big 4th for you coming next. I hope you had some good ideas :D
Toxic member since ExileConScam 2019. #ZeroDropGang
In the past, Chris Wilson said below in the Trade Manifest:
"
Easy trade reduces the number of times a character improves their items.
People who are heavily engaged in trade perform fewer item upgrades to achieve their final build. They get there in fewer steps, because they can easily buy items that are close to what they need. Simply put, their character progression is more about trading than it is about getting items from monsters. We believe that it is more fun to slowly and iteratively upgrade a character over time and to have a longer journey to gear a character up. Knowing that a monster could drop something that improves your character is a great motivator for playing one more level!

In current PoE, "a monster could drop something that improves your character" is really joke, but Harvest crafting has become alternative to that.

Many players say they created their own gear in Harvest league. This means that many players don't use trade if they can get what they need by oneself. Isn't this the situation GGG wanted?

If Harvest crafting or equivalent deterministic crafting will not introduce into the core, people will use boring trade again to get gear. This is 100 times easier than Harvest crafting you said "too easy".
As a new player I love the deterministic crafting in Harvest. It gives some sense of hope that a player who can't farm end game content can come away with some decent gear.

I still see gear for 20-30 exalts that I will never get to, but at least it gives something to aim for as I learn.

If you're worried about the impact on future leagues, maybe leave it as it is in standard, and remove it from future leagues? That way standard players have the ability to be OP in an area where maybe it isn't so important? It might even encourage those in standard who aren't in a league to give them a go...
i really hope they change their mind and add harvest crafting core immediately.. ;'c
edit: and put delirium in every map again
:3
Last edited by bwinbc on Aug 13, 2020, 4:03:40 PM
This harvest crafting shit is just ruining the game anyway, glad deterministic crafting gets the dildo. I want to be happy finding items while grinding again, it felt almost pointless in Harvest, too deterministic crafting just removes the need to ever pick up any rares what so ever if not for high lvl crafting bases for the harvest craft.

Good riddance.
deterministic crafting sounds pretty good to keep but...

I guess my opinion here wouldn't matter since I joined this season and am not an 'expert' in regards to what 'endgame' is, but since I am someone that is unemployed just out of college, I sort of play all day every day . Despite that, I still don't have "easy end game access" I have about 12 conquerer watchstones FOUR HUNDRED and TWO hours into the game and thats about it. My lv 88 Jug struggles with t14 maps. And I feel like the tone of this article saying that poe wants to push end game gear further behind jaded walls is not respecting your player's time and kinda makes me not want to play after this season.

in addition to 402 hours into this game, I have spent just about 2/3 of my time playing the game reading and figuring things out.

I feel this video sums up my feelings perfectly regarding games that don't respect their player's actual available time and for some reason expect their players to play their game like it's a job.

https://youtu.be/clvJFztk9wI

ps, i don't mind harvest not going core, But what I mean to suggest is deterministic crafting instead of gambling your time away is just awful and doesn't feel good at all.
Last edited by Klekle on Aug 13, 2020, 4:08:50 PM
"
Aktinium wrote:
This harvest crafting shit is just ruining the game anyway, glad deterministic crafting gets the dildo. I want to be happy finding items while grinding again, it felt almost pointless in Harvest, too deterministic crafting just removes the need to ever pick up any rares what so ever if not for high lvl crafting bases for the harvest craft.

Good riddance.

Why the hell would you ever pick up rares unless you're in SSF and need the alchs/alts? End of day 1 of the league they're out of my filter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info