Will Harvest Become Core Path of Exile Content?

You could rework the new Harvest content to function like a Vaal area instead. Have the area randomly spawn on maps, but have multiple creatures drop seeds that can be turned into crafting mods at the crafting bench. Or the seeds can stay seeds and be used like essences instead. Either way would give players extra crafting options without making it guaranteed to get one of those awesome build-required items that they pray for with every breath.
Thats unfortunate, this was the first league I actually felt like I could make/spend enough currency to make something out of endgame. The RNG on other mechanics (fossils in particular) is utter rubbish... waste 20 minion fossils on an item to not get a single minion roll - what is the point of it when you have better odds with alteration orbs.

Maybe you guys need to rethink the "brick your item with every craft attempt" strategy - the ability to add more than one thing to an item is the key to what made this league a game changer (for the better).
Garden itself was a pain to set up and manage and the drops from Osabi are seriously disappointing but the crafting itself was great. It's the only reason I'm still playing in this league anyway.

As someone who resents anytime spent trading at all, doesn't flip currency or any items and only buys build enabling items that I don't find myself, Harvest Craft is amazing.

Is taken a long time (13 days playtime this league) but now have some seriously great items made by my own efforts ( no buying crafts here!) which is really rewarding.

As a longer term option maybe make items crafted via harvest ( or whatever might eventually replace it) non tradeable. It's not in line with GGG current policy I know but it would at least mean you have to still farm a lot to make good stuff. As it is now you can do flip stuff and just buy other people's crafts which imo is lame and just too easy.
I dont see how spending like 50 hours just craft some gloves or a weapon is not in your eyes considered hardwork. I wont be playing the next leauge if there wont be anything like harvest.
I'm one of those who crafted almost all gear for their main character in this league. It was satisfying.

Harvest league is actually my first league where I bothered with crafting ever.
It allowed me not only to feel the progress but also to control it. It was satisfying.

People think that building the garden and sustaining seeds/crafts is very time-consuming. Well, it is, but it also very rewarding. I could never get that gear of mine and made so much currency as I made in the Harvest league. This is the first league where I could consider myself as being rich. It was satisfying.

My build works perfectly fine simply because of a deterministic crafting system that allowed me to complete the puzzle not relying on those unreasonable market prices and pure random. It was satisfying.

And you know what? I just don't want to play the game without it anymore. I don't mind getting rid of Harvest mechanics, because it was very time-consuming and somehow annoying because of that. But I don't want to lose the possibility of controlling my own progress with lesser others interference.

The Harvest crafting system was the sweetest candy I tasted playing PoE since 2015. And now I don't want candy which is not as tasty as this one.
Good decision, it felt like items which were special in past leagues had no value anymore cause anyone can get them now.
go to work, get married, have some kids, pay your taxes, pay your bills, watch your TV, play PoE, follow fashion,
act normal, obey the law ... and repeat after me: I AM FREE.
They need to KEEP this deterministic crafting mechanic... because crafting in this game *SUCKS*.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Hey guys new player here. Does this mean that I can continue to play harvest in the standard league when harvest season ends? By not "going core" it just means it won't show up in the new leagues like delve/blight/etc. right? Or am I totally wrong here?
-It won't show up anywhere, for the foreseeable future.

~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Aug 13, 2020, 2:25:22 PM
No, just let this league mechanic die, it was fun for the first week

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info