Will Harvest Become Core Path of Exile Content?

"
Reaperzrain wrote:
Really happy with this decision, this was my first proper league and I finished all most all end game 3 weeks in. I played a week of metamoprh and maybe a few days of another league didn't like this game at first and 2/3rds of last league. Last league I would get excited at rare drops and so on, this league i didn't id anything without an influence. This took away alot of the fun for me and maps felt like me rushing to end and progress rather than me looking at what i could drop.

To the people complaining that they are casual and not earning enough to afford items required for late game, this is really weird to me as a casual who killed most end game bosses last league and managing 20/20 wave on less than 20 exalts. I kept one league starter build and kept slowly understanding my building and making it better myself. There are casuals who farm end game bosses in solo self found most leagues. This game isn't difficult enough for you to need top tier items for end game.

Furthermore, i made it to level 95 with over 200 exalts made in first month and 1/2 of league. I did this by taking a few hours and reading/watching information about the mechanics of this game, most end game bosses have very specific attacks which can be easily dodged. Not flexing just getting annoyed at people who are casuals getting annoyed that they have to spend time learning and understanding the game rather than plant seeds get a specific mod and now you have op items. Really happy ggg didn't cave to the pressure as a lot of games have and made their game really easy with low replay-ability values.

My name is Usain Bolt, I can run 100m in 9.58s, why can't you?, it's just a bit of training, anyone can do it, I can't understand all these losers saying they can't do it, if I can do it, anyone can.

GTFO of here with that elitist shite.
Last edited by St_Avenger on Feb 2, 2021, 12:39:53 PM
Item price jump back on next season. That's sad
"
Reaperzrain wrote:
Really happy with this decision, this was my first proper league and I finished all most all end game 3 weeks in. I played a week of metamoprh and maybe a few days of another league didn't like this game at first and 2/3rds of last league. Last league I would get excited at rare drops and so on, this league i didn't id anything without an influence. This took away alot of the fun for me and maps felt like me rushing to end and progress rather than me looking at what i could drop.

To the people complaining that they are casual and not earning enough to afford items required for late game, this is really weird to me as a casual who killed most end game bosses last league and managing 20/20 wave on less than 20 exalts. I kept one league starter build and kept slowly understanding my building and making it better myself. There are casuals who farm end game bosses in solo self found most leagues. This game isn't difficult enough for you to need top tier items for end game.

Furthermore, i made it to level 95 with over 200 exalts made in first month and 1/2 of league. I did this by taking a few hours and reading/watching information about the mechanics of this game, most end game bosses have very specific attacks which can be easily dodged. Not flexing just getting annoyed at people who are casuals getting annoyed that they have to spend time learning and understanding the game rather than plant seeds get a specific mod and now you have op items. Really happy ggg didn't cave to the pressure as a lot of games have and made their game really easy with low replay-ability values.

Most people don't pick up anything that has no influence (unless it is a specific item with ilvl 84+ or 86+) - or at least most guides to farming currency claim so as rares are simply not good enough. I for one would be excited if yellow drops were buffed since I honestly like to pick up stuff and ID it (and I still do it, even in SSF and knowing that most of what I pick up is worth maybe a Transmute at vendors).

Oh, and how can you claim to be casual while also saying that you earned 200ex in the first month of play and that you finished most content in the first three weeks of the season? This is not casual. I probably would not rank among casual and I have one lvl 91 char, 14/40 challenges and not even managed to down Sirus this league. With your achievements you probably belong to the 98th or 99th percentile of Harvest players - don't fool yourself just because some streamers have publicly achieved even more in less time.
"However, at the top end of gameplay, Harvest has made it too easy to gain very powerful items that previously required a lot more work and investment to acquire."

By "work" don't you mean frustration for players that don't have builds that cost 100ex and can do the super hard and super rewarding content of the game and get rich more and more? I'm playing this game again and i'm having a lot of fun (hell, i even spend money that i shouldn't have), but it is ridiculous how hard and unfair it is to acquire the necessary currency to make your build good or to buy good gear for you build, i can't progress to hard content that gives more reward because i can't buy the gear i need since it is ridiculously expensive, also nothing fucking good ever drops for me. I have a QUAD stash tab for uniques and 98% of the uniques i have in there don't even sell for 1c.
Last edited by phosTR on Aug 13, 2020, 9:16:27 AM
End game crafting used to be for the 0.1%.

People act like harvest opened up end game crafting GG items to the 99%, that is simply wrong. It maybe made another 10-15% be able to achieve GG gear.

The other 90-85% still had to play the game like always, farm for a few scraps of currency and simply buy it.

Im sure Harvest crafting helped ALOT of people out in making better items than usual. But in no way did the masses craft double influence multiple tier 1's even with harvest.
i really love this league. so sad only 1 month left
Im kinda glad when harvesting is not part of the core mechanics, double edged sword, while the mechanic itself was fun and the crafting felt rewarding the micromanagement during mapping felt too much.

I would keep harvest as an option for private leagues though.
"
krikus62 wrote:
I am very disappointed that with 138h in game gameplay I am unable to even get near to T16 maps as a casual player.

Since I can't enjoy the full content (story) without "working" an extra job in this game, I have started to play less and less. If you believe that the future of this game is with streamers and how they play the game as their JOB 8h a day, then I am totally fine with it, good luck...

This league 103h so far... didnt only kill UElder and UAtziri yet. And I played every free time I had. I like PoE but sadly it punish normal players and ppl who cant play 200h+/league. Harvest could change that... but if they want go the rng way for the top 0,1% of their playerbase I will have to say good bye. Maybe check some league mechanics and poe2... but in future I wont have even those 100h/league which is for me literally all my free time in 3months. :/
Me and my friend made a video cartoon. Not everyone is going to agree with it. Instead of typing in words the video will show you. Enjoy POE lets play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clvJFztk9wI

Have a good day ahead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info