Will Harvest Become Core Path of Exile Content?

"
LoBa wrote:
"
pyron1x wrote:
Good. I hate this harvest league. To be clear, I want deterministic crafting but the mechanics of this league are just so clunky. Make deterministic crafting more straightforward! Add it to mastercrafting/crafting bench for f**ks sake. I am so tired of these gimmick leagues.

I'm a "casual" player and I want to enjoy crafting, but I can't because crafting in this game is just so convoluted. I log into this game and play this game to relax and by that I mean I just want to kill stuff mindlessly, and crafting should be able to support me in doing that, instead of being this barrier of entry to doing more difficult levels of content.

So instead I have to resort to buying stuff on the godawful trade website (which, btw, it's already 2020 and this stupid game still doesn't have a proper trade broker/auction house).

+1

+1
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Metrics Used:

I am curious of the metrics used to measure dropoff during Harvest league. It had been a time unlike any other and I question whether or not it was due to Harvest crafting being too "easy". I feel like the metrics might skew if you are only looking at days played vs other leagues vs intensity played. One would also need compare the same player in previous leagues to this and even that won't likely tell the whole picture. Take myself play very heavy at league start due to COVID however played very little before last week or so due to work being more demanding. Likewise very new and very old players are likely to play burn themselves out no matter any league mechanic.

Disclaimer: I don't get paid in ANYWAY to play this game nor have ever almost worked for GGG.

I have way that already exist to make crafting more difficult for those that do get paid and to play and anyone else who think they need game crafting/currency, etc. To easy to do and it is something that already exist within the game and would need much less time to work.

The idea:
Put a filter on at character creation the lowers that toons % chance for lucky rolls on all parts of the game: crafting, currency, etc. Then those that need the handy cap to have fun will have is and the other 70% will be able to continue the joy of finally Crafting something in this overly complex hodge podge crafting.

My vote is to make all crafts available for each type so players can focus on one mechanic and not actually need to do another. That way the point of past leagues and "only playing what you enjoy" that's been said countless times by GGG can actually happen.
WHY GGG? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

let harvest keep on pleeeease
I agree it should not stay in its current state.

But PLEASE stop using reasoning about something being too easy for the VERY TOP end of players. How many players are in this group? How about caring about how it impacts the other 99% of players? The game is ALREADY easy for the top 1%.
"
fazlez1 wrote:
"
yeepride987 wrote:
When Harvest Migrates to standard will players still have access to the grove? Can I still use my stored crafts?
In the past when something didn't go core everything associated with that mechanic became useless, for example
Spoiler
Prepare yourself for the chance that everything you've done becomes worthless. I'm not saying this to be mean but this is what has happened in the past.

Thank you very much. That's impotant to know for soemone like me who joined rather recently. It sucks, though, I would have prefered to use at least the stored crafts.
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
Btw u could add special crafting bench that gives u ability to slam specific mods with rly hefty price. Smth like add remove life modifier 5-10 exalts. Only problem with that is inflation of exalt price. But if u remove chaos recipe thats fixed instantly. Just and idea.
That's a bummer. I don't care about Harvest and the garden too much, since the mechanics are somewhat clunky (although I do like the artstyle) but the deterministic crafting is godly and I am very afraid going back to the old "crafting" system is going to feel very, very disappointing.
"
nikola061 wrote:
Btw u could add special crafting bench that gives u ability to slam specific mods with rly hefty price. Smth like add remove life modifier 5-10 exalts. Only problem with that is inflation of exalt price. But if u remove chaos recipe thats fixed instantly. Just and idea.

So who gets to use this crafting when it takes 5-10 ex per craft?

When hitting T1 life on a chest is a 1/11 shot?

Who is this targeted at?
"
As such, Harvest would require a significant amount of rebalancing in order to achieve a healthy level of power for the core game. We would be reassessing the crafting mechanics to determine how many of them we're willing to keep and how much of the remaining crafting would need to be rebalanced.

I hope you find a way to bring more deterministic crafting back into the game.

Ideally via a mix beast crafting, Fossils/Resonators and crafting bench recipes.

Yes, when specific items only had 1-2 mods of a given tag it made things way too easy, some mods only have one tier and it being a really strong mod also added to this, but for me, the biggest thing that this league added was the ability to improve the gear I was currently using. No need to gamble and lose, or be forced to work on a second item. The ability to constantly chip away at improving gear over weeks was really refreshing.

Personally, I've got over half a quad tab of saved crafts and I just can't be bothered chasing after those broken items, it just doesn't interest me. At the same time, I don't really like the idea of selling them, even though I'm probably sat on several hundred exalts of crafts.

"
The standard method of adding mechanics to core gameplay where they gain a 10% chance to appear in maps also doesn't really work for Harvest

Honestly, it doesn't work well for anything, and Delirium being 5% while the problematic layouts weren't improved at all just made it feel worse.

"
The Harvest mechanic also creates some database issues in terms of the amount of data being stored. This is a non-trivial technical problem we would need to resolve before allowing it to exist long-term.

Seriously, ditch the garden. It was fun as a league, find ways to reuse the mobs. But the planting, juicing, settings up the garden. That was the chore we put up with. Nifty idea that unfortunately turned a lot of people off from the league. I literally had a friend quit the league to go play Satisfactory because he'd rather play the real thing, rather than a budget version. We don't need this adding to server storage issues...

If you really must bring the garden back, just scrap storage tanks completely, make it like sulphite, we buy capacity upgrades, it's just "stored" we don't need to build and place things and track how much juice is in each and every individual piece of equipment for literally no ones benefit.

Last thing.

Please stop just pushing leagues core. Content bloat is a constant ongoing problem that just feels worse when there is no proper integration.

Everything is just left as its own individual disjointed system with everything locked into belonging to the league mechanic they were added with for "reasons" like cluster jewels... which could totally just be a thing, and not unique to Delirium.

Orangs shouldn't have gone core. We didn't need a metamorph tab. Catalysts are currency.
This is breaking my heart... didn't know a game could do this.

I played harvest every day (exect when on a 10 day vacation). I am finally getting really nice gear (we are talking about my stating character btw), but it is not like I am bathing in it and getting crazy rich. That might apply to the top 1%, but not the casual base.

I don't like the usual gamble "crafting" and will miss harvest so much I don't know how to go on with poe or if I will at all. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info