Will Harvest Become Core Path of Exile Content?

Good to hear if I wanted to fuck around in a garden I would go outside in mine.
tldr: follow a guide, play solo, play as time efficient as possible or nolife PoE or have it as a job to reach endgame,
otherwise stop playing PoE after you have experienced the "earlier" parts of PoE(which is still huge).
Trying to reach endgame really is a big grind, which puts me of, especially with GGG unwilling to introduce meaningful deterministic crafting. Harvest crafting is not OP for most of the playerbase(Have you found the highest ilvl gear or are you still not there like me after countless of hours playing?).

I'm a "casual gamer" in the sense of not putting all my time into min-maxing poe.
Nearly 2,5k h in the game, so i'm not too casual time wise, at least i could put a lot more time into PoE than a lot of other people that enjoy the game too.
I can read how OP harvest crafting is, but i haven't even gotten into the level range of the highest item tiers, even with playing a lot in harvest.
PoE is just getting more and more frustrating or uncreative to play.

For me PoE is getting too time consuming even when you follow a guide which i hate to the fullest. I want to try my own build and it mostly works and i have a lot of knowledge of PoE and put a lot of time into it, but to get to the end game (i played to red maps so far but no opportunity for real end game boss yet) i still need more time.
Only people who don't do a lot of other stuff or play it as a job get seemingly easy to endgame. Casual players who say otherwise mostly are not really casual, because they play often and regular and mostly need to follow a guide.
Harvest was not an inch better or easier for me through crafting, maybe a little bit, but definitely not near anything OP.
I have 5 chars this league (85 88 84 81 70) and i'm sure they can go higher, but i need to invest more and more time to get less and less big of improvements, which takes all the fun out of playing it for me.

Now that you clearly state that deterministic crafting is "too easy" and you won't integrate it this way into the game it took me over the edge. PoE is getting more tedious and not being able to reach endgame with my own resources takes all the fun away. I played a lot of PoE until later maps and it's kinda great, but not being able to progress further really pushes me away from playing it.
Only so crazy people don't get bored, because they get good stuff in a more reasonable timeframe, hiding good item progression behind rng and time(more tries more chances and more currency to eventually trade or more in depth knowledge of PoE like knowing all the uniques) is soo awful for a normal playstyle.
I get it, GGG wants people out of end game content, so their hardcore base(in terms of time investment) can truthfully be proud of being part of a minority that got that far, but for me, it is just frustrating and boring.
I love ARPGs and GGG has done so much for the genre and gave me a lot of fun with PoE, but the more i played the more i realized that i won't get further in this game and i don't enjoy leveling up again and again.
Maybe over time i might have fun in standard, but that there will be no deterministic crafting and only rng which only makes it longer for me and has nothing to do with my knowledge of the game or my skill really frustrates me and doesn't motivate me to play PoE anymore.

Another big issue is that there is no benefit or even a penalty to play with my friends (who do play it), so it always ends up being solo play.
maybe its good
(つ ◕_◕ ༽つ TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ)
All i want to say is we need determenistic craft system in the game.
Last edited by Ravyx on Aug 13, 2020, 5:42:19 AM
Harvest crafting hurted the economy of all currencies to point where almost nothing was worth to pick up except seeds.
Meaning killing monsters and getting a sick rolled drop worth 2-5ex in past leagues would be worth like 10c in this league because the item demand is very low and it's so much easier to craft a better rolled version with seeds.
So glad to see Harvest ain't going core.
Besides there were no point doing any other content if you wanted to make currency and I hated the gardening/layout.
here is my opinion on harvest craft's

it needs a buff. the problem with harvest is not the crafts it was the fact that you could sell the items you made and the crafts themself. it is nearly impossible to craft a 6t1 item on your own without being lucky. and any player that can do that deserve his item just by the sheer amount they played.
If a managed to make 6t1 item with only craft i got in the grind called harvest i would be happy. Since all my craft i got myself getting even a t2 life roll on a item made me glad.

if the items you use harvestcraft on becomes account bound or are untradeable for a week to a month then people cant just craft spam to make a item. sure it will benefit trade clans but putting a trade telpotary trade limit on a item it would mean other crafting methods is viable just because the end item can be sold on the spot.

play time should be rewarded not be turned into slot masjien that may or maynot be rewarding after the dust settles.
Harvest league = one of the best leagues! <3
We want deterministic crafting, we just don't want to play farming simulator.
Good
Harvest is my first league, where I tried to craft. It gave me knowledge of locking affixes and other things. It was easy and interesting with managing garden and stuff. But I personally feel like I will never return to old crafting in next leagues bc its too RNG. Hope harvest mechanics will be reimplemented sooner or later in some way. This league kept me fully devoted to it and I am sad that it will end soon first time of all my previous leagues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info