Harvest Statistics: Ascendancy Classes

I see a lot of posts and complaints about the "upcoming necro nerf reeeeee"
Necromancer is a really strong ascendancy class, and always has been popular, but neither of those facts is the reason why it stands out so much this league. There is simply nothing else to play, really. GGG, you guys tend to slaughter almost everything that community enjoys to play, and I, personally, would be ok with it if you gave us something else fun to play in return. But you don't. That's why VD is so popular this league, it hasn't been buffed in any way and yet here it is, 3rd most popular skill in Harvest.
And also due to almost non-existant league content (let's be honest, while the crafting is cool and enjoyable, the league itself is quite poor, compared to previous ones) a lot of people that would never touch delve otherwise are delving because of boredom - that's another reason behind necro being so popular.
My point is, those overwhelming stats don't mean that something is OP and needs to be nerfed, it means that you should take a closer look at other ascendancy classes/skills - most of them have big potential but are in a really bad shape for the current state of the game.
While I do realize that you guys are busy with PoE 2 and it takes a lot of time, effort and work (which I appreciate a lot), I really hope that you will do something right about this situation (if you read this post by some miracle) =)

"
SanyaV wrote:
Necro isn't broken. It's the rest of the ascendancies either requiring a ton of investment to be as good or straight up suck in comparison.

"
Lets see some love for the under used ascendancies pls.
The Mirror of Kalandra :
1st - 5th May, 2020 18:32
2nd - 28th April, 2021 04:25
Last edited by krvlhlu4y2y7ntgl on Aug 12, 2020, 5:28:58 AM
"
Necro has been on top last few leagues. This is because of it's high single target while afking, and high defence (easy max block)

Lets see some love for the under used ascendancies pls.

Unfortunately GGG will nerf necro or VD. This is they easiest and fastest way to balance
"
Hirux wrote:

Unfortunately GGG will nerf necro or VD. This is they easiest and fastest way to balance

Nerfing either of those things has nothing to do with fixing the fundamental and foundational issues that the game has had since closed beta which exist, to this day, in a completely unchanged form.

Every build boils down to getting enough pool to not get one shot, and enough sustain to instantly regain that health in between getting one shot. Classes like Ranger will never compete in its current iteration because they have no way to gain that pool without hamstringing their DPS. Other classes can suffer from similar issues, but it is most starkly apparent when you play Ranger, IMO.

Balance isn't achieved with band-aids, and all nerfing Necro/VD is, is a band-aid.
Last edited by EpsiIon on Aug 12, 2020, 5:45:45 AM
Stop nerfing witch and shadow ascendancies - just buff the other ones.
I read something necromancer something....

Now I hope they don't nerf necro again. Instead: pls just buff some other stuff slightly. But...actually forget it. Since when do we need or have had any balance anyways? :D
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Aug 12, 2020, 6:52:06 AM
All those statistics are fine, but why are we getting everytime just a repeat of what we could read ourselves? I mean you could at least say something about which skills where used with which classes... Talking about Necro is most popular but not mentioning its not because they are playing a minion build but VD Spellslinger... Also pls stop nerfing everything what don´t need a nerf and start buffing stuff since you buffed all the content we are facing but nerfed the options we have to survive that content. Back in the 3.0 days we could play so many builds and the game was real fun. Now we hope every league someone finds an op op build which survived the nerf hammer from patch notes and 30% of people playing that again. Then repeat with next patch notes. You guys really have to change something.
many necros play VD slinger
but the new keystone glancing blows also plays a huge role here
necros using cyclone+CwC to perma trigger offering and then you put the mistress of darkness ascendancy
with glancing blows you are set for endgame with little to none investment for defence

necro is the easy mode for the game...much different than trying to play pure dodge/eva builds
Last edited by Dragoon_Diver on Aug 12, 2020, 7:47:58 AM
GGG, Please destroy this retarded ascendancy that has been dominating the game since time immemorial... Easy mode gameplay compared to other ascendancies. Minions are broken and OP.

Destroy it once and for all, DESTROY it.
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
Last edited by Senju_Hyoketsu on Aug 12, 2020, 7:59:23 AM
POE roller coaster of expectations, where big brain crafters etc play brain dead Necros and such.

Every man, woman and bot for themselves, roll out the Nerfs!

But how can she slap? Next league meant to be BIG. How can she slap?

"
MisterDantes wrote:
Hi! Nice statistics! B)

I'm surprised most people haven't commented on the fact that this league has seen some of the most balanced use of ascendancies since forever.

The only obvious outliers seem to be necros (no surprise here, it's still a very strong, noob friendly ascendancy and bots skew the data).

Overall, I think the ascendancy balance seem to be in a good spot!
*Tankier characters (Glad, Jugg, Chief, Trickster) dominate HC,
*DPS oriented classes more popular in SC
*Those most affected by the league buffs (50 shades of marauder, champ, and glad, due to warcry and slam buffs enabling previously impossible builds) rule league SC and HC

Balanced, as all things should be!
If Inquisitor gets a minor buff to catch up with the others, and leech gets a revamp to make slayers be a little bit less of a pushover, I would say that the ascendancies would be as good as it'll ever be :)

no
it is not balanced as the numbers screams that fact
it should be wrong to say that "necros are noob friendly" because every class should have a noob friendly ascendancy
in my opinion GGG should nerf necro slightly (mainly some spectres or self offerings) and at the same time buff every other class

let's take the other extreme of the spectrum: inquisitor
this ascendancy is SO bad because it can't excel in anything (except perhaps 1-handed mace skills) and templar area in the tree is very awkward
i say that the templar area in the tree is more useful for the other classes as it is used for finalizing builds meanwhile templar need to invest heavily farther away...that is why for templar you are better off investing in mana builds (hiero) or pumping auras (guardian)
a melee inquisitor need to get to duelist area but gets less eHP than any marauder class and a caster inquisitor need to go over shadow area while getting less damage, ES than any other witch class
imo, the inquisitor needs a COMPLETE overhaul...every single ascendancy point needs to go away GGG should make inquisitor from scratch, heck, even new mechanics are welcome
Last edited by Dragoon_Diver on Aug 12, 2020, 8:19:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info