Harvest Statistics: Ascendancy Classes

Hum, I now feel attracted by playing Raider since it seems to be very unpopular. Would make a decent challenge, until I realize my mistake and come back to my core : Saboteur / Cyclone class.
That's a shame I wanted to start with a necro VD/DD next league. I'm sure it's gonna get nerfed to the ground according to these statistics :/
"
Dedisdead wrote:
That's a shame I wanted to start with a necro VD/DD next league. I'm sure it's gonna get nerfed to the ground according to these statistics :/

Ppl keep saying this for 4 leagues now. You'll be fine.
"
dyneol wrote:
"
Dedisdead wrote:

Ppl keep saying this for 4 leagues now. You'll be fine.

I hope so ^^
"
Natalia_GGG wrote:
As you can see, the most popular choice by far is Necromancer.

Should read: As you can see, the most popular choice by far is Necromancer(AGAIN). Nerf the stupid bone offering. Free 75% all block with over 15k ehp and meat shields. No wonder it's so popular right?
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
Let's buff the 90% of classes and skills that are almost unusable. It's a shame that for such a great game there is very little experimentation that is worth doing on the majority of the builds that are possible.
LESS PATH OF SPAM, MORE PATH OF ADVENTURE!!!

Necromancer outshines all when it comes to farming and are the most boring of classes to play on here.

Maybe I'm jaded, but the way the mapping system works is dull.

You spend all this time to juice 1 map or a few maps and then repeat.

That's like pressing the same button over and over again on a fighting game, AKA lame.

The campaign is dry, but the play through can be enjoyable and makes sense as a player. (I still don't know why I'm killing everything after 2 years)

I've found that once I got to mapping the joy was lost and purpose became nonexistent.

If you could juice an entire area and play through it like the campaign.

I believe you'd capture the essence of purpose, like you'd have a mission to complete, and you're playing for a reason. For you know once you get to the end of that area, some big baddie is going to be there and drop some juicy loot, artifact, and XP.

Only played d2 for a good 8 years, but what do I know?
"
yeknoms wrote:
Let's buff the 90% of classes and skills that are almost unusable. It's a shame that for such a great game there is very little experimentation that is worth doing on the majority of the builds that are possible.

Yeah just keep the powercreep going. Too infinityyyyy !

Or. Do some actual balance.

That being said, I don't think necro needs some big nerfing just yet. I'd look into those lame mechanics that necro isn't affected by first, like reflect or to some extend porcupines. Seriously why is this shit still a thing ?
Necromancer is my highest and favorite character. I am lazy and game with a beer in hand. I cannot commit 2 hands to play on PC spamming keyboard. Necro lets me play in a more casual way enjoying the game and watching my minions do the work for me. n ;)
"
dyneol wrote:

Yeah just keep the powercreep going. Too infinityyyyy !

Or. Do some actual balance.

Power creep and balance are not exclusive. This genre is kind of defined by power creep for general content. It doesn't mean that you shouldn't add and balance content and power creep, but this genre was literally founded on the balancing motif of "If everything is overpowered, nothing is" dating back all the way to pre-diablo and the genres roots in rogue-like/lite.

The problem in this game is that they designed some mechanics to scale, and some to not. On purpose. Evasion and Dodge were intentionally never designed to be a stand-alone defensive archetype, while ES was. The difference is that ES based characters recurringly the best archetypes to play, while evasion based archetypes are good until about level 75 and then run into fundamental defensive scaling issues they have no solution for.

Whether this was during Closed Beta when I first played, or now, it seems that all they do is add minor band-aids that can stem the bleeding of evasion based archetypes (For instance Iron Reflexes in Beta, or Acrobatics/Arrow Dancing/Wind Dancing later) and might even make the class look good, but never scales so that as power creeps the class becomes progressively weaker and less relevant until, like now, it more or less fades into obscurity.
Last edited by EpsiIon on Aug 12, 2020, 7:11:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info