[3.25] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

"
TheWatermelon wrote:
Hey! Came to re-roll into this build over the last week so I'm in the middle of the mid-end game 50x budget and looking at the 3.18 pob as well, trying to incorporate both, spent about 70ex~ (namely some bad decisions made it quite expensive...)

https://pastebin.com/S7J7EPcN (character also public on my profile)

I know I need more crit multiplier from jewels which will come with levels, is there anyway I could get more crit chance? I notice I'm not at 100% crit chance, my dps shows around 12mil if I try to copy the same config from the 3.18 one.

Are there any gaps you see that I could easily fix? My plan for now is levels for jewel sockets + begin crafting an end-game weapon / amulet in addition to life on gloves and my curse ring.

Also I'm not experiencing the one-shots or high bursts of damage, mapping is pretty smooth. I notice I have pretty low spell damage block, not sure why?

for bosses my process is

walk up close to boss > infernal cry > intimidating cry > spawn 3 totems > rallying cry > assassin's mark > flasks > slam (phase run right before slam hits), while also making sure enduring cry keeps me alive / endurance charges maxed.

To really cap crit chance, you need to start working on the end-game weapon. With the help of increased crit chance on weapon, you should be able to reach 100% crit chance.

the boss process you listed is optimized for the damage of first slam hit. But the problem with this process is that it takes too much time to set up.

In end-game boss fight, the first hit doesn't matter that much, it is the damage throughput that matters. So the process I would suggest is: infernal cry + intimidating cry + rallying cry ahead of time > walk up to boss > 1 totem + mark > hit > another totem > hit > refresh one warcry that expired > hit > refresh another warcry > hit...

Make sure you only refresh at most one warcry between the hit, and if there's no warcry to refresh, simply change to a new position and hit again.

[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
"
MrCinos wrote:

Just randomly dropped this amulet which I put on sale at first but then quickly realized it's actually a pretty decent upgrade compared to mine, just need to anoint it.

Is Warlord's Exalted Orb the best thing to use it on? Seems like all Warlord mods are pretty good for the build and minmax version also uses it - so I guess I'm answering my own answer in the process. But is it worth removing life craft and (try and) get two Warlord prefixes? If I get two Warlod prefixes will I be able to elevate both of them via dominance orb? If so then it'd probably be worth sacrifice prefix for crafted life here, right?

EDIT: I learnt that the orb adds only 1 mod so I guess everything I said is moot, lol. Just slam Warlord's Exalted Orb and pray for 1 good prefix, I'll still have life on the amulet.

EDIT2: And of course I got literally the worst prefix, the one I feared the most - Fire Damage Leeched as Energy Shield. Anything else would've been so much better. I guess I'm continuing to wear Crown of the Inward Eye to have some ES for a while.

in end-game we can use awakener orb to craft T1 fire penetration and T1 %phys as extra fire on the amulet. Then craft life on it.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
Updated and tested 3.18 league start and early crit builds, checkout POB for more details.

For the 1ex league start build, it has increased survival significantly.

For the 5ex early crit build, both damage and survival are increased too.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on May 29, 2022, 10:34:43 PM
Thank you for updating the guide!
Are you planning on making changes to the Mid-budget Crit version or should i just go with the early crit version for now?
"
Thank you for updating the guide!
Are you planning on making changes to the Mid-budget Crit version or should i just go with the early crit version for now?

If your current character doesn't have the damage or survivability as the early crit POB, then you can go with early crit version.

I am planning the update the rest of the build next, but I need to craft those gears first.

Got the mid budget 3-5 ex pieces aka gloves/rings and finally can have dual curse setup + a near perfect helmet with tectonic slam enchant. Because I have that es leech on the amulet, I feel like I'd never switch to that other warcry helmet now - don't want to lose ES, lol. I also decided to unspec from some of the offensive nodes as survivability was still a huge issue even with the new body armour when I was using more offensive nodes on the passive tree. But now I'm rocking 6366hp/410es and even got that 25% less damage 50% more hp on monsters keystone just to actually never die and finally have smooth experience. Got through the 94 to 95 deathless after doing that so maybe it's time to graduate from running blue/magic t16 maps, lol. EDIT: nevermind all that, fully swapped to the guide's POB, except I'm 1 level short of the one I use.

Now I probably need to change boots, gems (some awakened ones + enlighten setup) and also still thinking what should I do with the armour:

as it has one last suffix open, do I just exalt slam or what. Idk if saving up for augmenting it with physical for example is worth it as it's not an "ideal" chest due to t2 life.

Either way, after going through so many struggles (a lot more than on my only other high level character) I get more and more attached to the build/character. Really glad I decided to give this build a go.
Last edited by MrCinos on May 31, 2022, 3:46:40 PM
Hello again.
Can't understand where do we get 50+% overcapped block attack? Staff implicit + skill tree = clearly 50% static block chance. I'm missing something...
"
TheDarkTriad wrote:
Hello again.
Can't understand where do we get 50+% overcapped block attack? Staff implicit + skill tree = clearly 50% static block chance. I'm missing something...
I think it implies you stunned and did a crit recently, both actions that increase block attack % via some of the nodes. You can check it on your own PoB if you tick the checkboxes in Configuration - Have you Stunned Recently and Have you Crit recently.

Kinda sad that upgrading the chest in early end-game we lose the 50% spell block because of less overcap though. Then again late end-game 3.18 PoB has it at 50% again, because of the % block gloves I assume, but not sure if I get to that phase where I'd replace my current gloves.
Last edited by MrCinos on May 31, 2022, 5:51:31 PM
"
MrCinos wrote:
"
TheDarkTriad wrote:
Hello again.
I think it implies you stunned and did a crit recently, both actions that increase block attack % via some of the nodes. You can check it on your own PoB if you tick the checkboxes in Configuration - Have you Stunned Recently and Have you Crit recently.

Kinda sad that upgrading the chest in early end-game we lose the 50% spell block because of less overcap though. Then again late end-game 3.18 PoB has it at 50% again, because of the % block gloves I assume, but not sure if I get to that phase where I'd replace my current gloves.

Thank you for the answer! The overcap really depends on Stunned Recently and Crit Recently.
"
TheDarkTriad wrote:
Thank you for the answer! The overcap really depends on Stunned Recently and Crit Recently.

Those two conditions almost always apply during combat.

We have capped crit chance so we always crit recently.

any monster killed by us is considered as stunned because of our high single hit damage. In end game this damage stuns end game boss too (like the bosses shown in simulacrum 30 video).

you can open your character tab during a map or boss fight, and check the block chances in combat.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info