[3.25] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

Hi! Very nice build!

Sometimes when I'm on maps or fighting some boss, out of nowhere I get a hit kill. The state my build is currently in seems extremely strong sometimes, clearing the map off screen, but then suddenly dying with full life and just 1 hit is a little frustrating.

Could you please take a look at my current build and suggest improvements?

I know currently the attack speed is a little low (less than 0.96s), but the next node I'm going to take is a frenzy spawn (8% on kill) so I think this will help.

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/iwJu2VeT

Thanks for the help and build guide!
"
plasticeyes wrote:
i'm giving up for the second time.

the build just takes unbelievable amounts of damage. i was in a t11 with harbs, and the harbs are immune to damage of course, and they were 1-shotting the build, and the map had no damage mods.

i'm sure this is related to the lack of spell block, but i can't figure it out by looking at the PoB. i should emphasize this is not a damage problem. the build does great damage, but some monsters hit it and i take 50%, 75% life in damage or just flat out get 1-shot. unfortunately i encounter something like that in almost every map.

so i'm going to give up and work on it in standard and see if i can understand what's wrong so that i can try again next league.

but i've spent so much time on it and still can't run t11/t12 maps reliably.

*sigh*

I feel bad, you've taken time to help me, and i'm giving up again...

Don't feel bad, you tried and hopefully had fun. And that's all it matters :)
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
"
LengaJenga wrote:
Hi, I am struggling a bit with boss kill times, is there anything obvious that I'm missing or maybe an item that would be ideal to upgrade? Thanks.

My POB: https://pastebin.com/uQExhM3i

One obvious thing I've noticed is the hit chance is really low. We need 100% hit chance, and it can be done through getting accuracy in gears.

also about damage, refer to the recent Q&A I posted regarding meeting several conditions to deal more damage.

Keep flame dash at lvl 1 to avoid mana issue.

You should also get some extra life on the gear, make sure the life is at least 5k
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
"
Dereloth wrote:
Loving the build Jenno, always wanted to play a slam build and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I'm transitioning into endgame gear now and I'm finding that I still can't quite do the maven or Uelder. Can you see any problems with the my current setup, next up is the Hunter Stygian but I'm starting to lose a bit of steam. Bossing is my preferred money maker.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, your gear looks okay in general, with minor suggestions:

1. getting the block chance crafted on chest armor to reach 50/50 block chance in combat

2. getting the leech node, to help with mana sustain and improve survival

3. you can use second wind to link with enduring cry and intimidating cry. So that you can use them more often, increasing buff uptime.

4. the recent Q&A I posted about damage should be helpful to you as well
"
black768 wrote:
Hi! Very nice build!

Sometimes when I'm on maps or fighting some boss, out of nowhere I get a hit kill. The state my build is currently in seems extremely strong sometimes, clearing the map off screen, but then suddenly dying with full life and just 1 hit is a little frustrating.

Could you please take a look at my current build and suggest improvements?

I know currently the attack speed is a little low (less than 0.96s), but the next node I'm going to take is a frenzy spawn (8% on kill) so I think this will help.

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/iwJu2VeT

Thanks for the help and build guide!

Hi, i took a look at your character, I suggest leveling up higher to get more attack speed and life. And keep flame dash at level 1, take the leech node with thread of hope.

"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
LengaJenga wrote:
Hi, I am struggling a bit with boss kill times, is there anything obvious that I'm missing or maybe an item that would be ideal to upgrade? Thanks.

My POB: https://pastebin.com/uQExhM3i

One obvious thing I've noticed is the hit chance is really low. We need 100% hit chance, and it can be done through getting accuracy in gears.

also about damage, refer to the recent Q&A I posted regarding meeting several conditions to deal more damage.

Keep flame dash at lvl 1 to avoid mana issue.

You should also get some extra life on the gear, make sure the life is at least 5k

Hey thanks for the reply.

To fix my accuracy issue I just sold off my main wep for a big chunk of currency to fund the rest of the gear and just finally get around to crafting a new one with the "Hits can't be evaded" bench mod.

To kind of work around the life issue I'm gonna just put 1 or 2 points into leech + leech mastery within the thread of hope radius and hopefully that helps me out a bit with some more damage + leech rate.

I didn't have any mana issues before, but I preemptively got a lvl 1 flame dash.
"
JennoJoyce wrote:

Don't feel bad, you tried and hopefully had fun. And that's all it matters :)

haha. thank you for the kind words.

i'm keeping the character, and i really am going to work on it in standard.

i know i'm doing something wrong, so hopefully i can figure it out.

Lots of people seem to be having success with it, and that's great !
Thanks again for the build guide Jenno. I just finally one shot a T16 133% qaunt Veritania Conqueror. (No boss mods)

I spent a long time pumping up the Tidebreaker Non Crit version, up to around 16mil dps on slam. (Which was still blasting T16 maps and Sirus, etc). Not one shots, but enjoyable. It was pretty great even investing into the non crit version since Tidebreaker essentially turns you into 7linked Slam and the endurance charge synergy is really good imo. I't was really hard to switch over to the crit version for me actually because anytime I tried to POB a staff into the build and rearrange stuff, I wouldn't get much benefit.

But... then today I got my hands on a worthwhile staff finally!

Rearranged my talent tree and didn't have to change too much gear (mostly a few jewels) because I was slowly prepping for the conversion already while doing the non crit version.

I do play a slightly different playstyle though, mostly because I don't have unlimited currency and I'm only level 95. Also had to spec more hit rating because I can't prefix craft 100% hit rating. That being said, I am not as tanky as your build but thats because of my own choices and lack of currency, in order to reach about 36 million slam damage now! Funny part is it can even go higher if I had better gear and max level. Crazy crazy. I just one shot Veritania. Good times!

Thanks again for answering questions and offering advice. Played it all the way as a league starter with ZDPS until now.
Hi JennoJoye,
Firstly, just wanted to say thank you for the detailed guide and all your feedback from the different forum posters here. I am myself not a very regular POE player, but I pick it up once every few leagues to try out something new.
Since i feel like I don't have a very good grasp of mechanics and gear, I would love if you or anyone else in the forum had any feedback on my gear/stats. Any critical things I should work towards? I'm thinking about getting awakened gems as a next step, but maybe I also need to invest in better jewels?

POB: https://pastebin.com/XbxN2Mid
I desperately need some advice on my build. I used the "League Start Version" and almost exactly same tree but my DPS was only 200K, I am level 86 and still cannot do the last lab. When I looked into the POB and my POB, I noticed there is a big different in the calculation, your physicaly damage was multipled by "increased" x 9.15 and "More" x 13.91 and converted 234% into fire. However, mine was X7.95 x5.42 and converted 134%. The main difference was the "More" damage. Icannot see in POB how it was calculated, what was it? can you take a look into my build and see what went wrong? Ithink my build is far more than your indicated budget of 50c but why is it so bad? also how to convert 100% more fire damage?

https://pastebin.com/Edu3fZ59

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info