[3.25] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

It may be worth noting that although you do gain elemental reflect immunity with tectonic slam when using Awakened Elemental Damage with Attack Skills Level 5+, that it doesn't mean your Infernal Cry's [Combust] Proc won't still one shot you if you exert your attacks with it. I'm not sure if this was noted anywhere, but I assumed since Infernal Cry says "Cannot be reflected" that it was going to be safe, but unfortunately the "Combust" portion of the skill does not follow the same rules. So if you have your awakened elemental damage support, remember you still need to not use Infernal Cry for those maps. (Or use pantheon and respec into the Mastery node (replace -18 fire exposure, for -50% reflect) temporarily until you're done running reflect maps, or just reroll the map. Whatever!)

Anyway, just thought I'd let people know before they go rip any exp :) (Like I did haha) Overall I think that's a pretty dumb thing about Combust, they should have just added the Cannot be reflected to that as well since its part of the same gem. Its always something... xD
i'm in t10/t11s and the build is just embarrassingly squishy. fora a marauder that seems awfully strange.

part of this is a statement of the game. it's so much more work to make a melee character tough in this game. however, in a sense, this is a ranged character.

pretty much every arena in red maps is a death sentence.

i just died to cemetery bosses 4 times in a row. pretty much getting 2-shot.

yes the war cry regen seems like a good idea, until the bosses are taking 35% of your life in one chunk and you get hit 4 times in a row. lol.

then you are on cooldown for ALL of the war crys and you're dead.

so . damage - not good enough to 1-shot bosses. defense - not good enough to stop getting killed by bosses.

i think i'm in a "transitional" phase and perhaps that's why i'm having a tough time. i had a bit of trouble getting into yellow maps and then things started to go smoothly and now starting red maps and things are going badly again.

but i'm really unclear on where the defense in this build comes from.

what's particularly amazing is that my block chance says 50% and you would never know it. i'm getting serious chunks of damage from all sorts of enemies likely because armor of 5.5k is nigh onto useless. however this is PoE. trying to use determination in place of damage auras would be even worse. i should probably focus on getting my damage buffed.

life is only 4.3k which is not great, but 5k isn't going to be much better. do i need to be 6k ? 7k ? still operating on a 5L. that's probably not great either.

where exactly should i be in terms of stats and gear for red maps ??

edit: lol. went into my next t11 and cleaned up. well, you do have to pay attention to those map mods. but still, build seems squishy...
Last edited by plasticeyes on Feb 27, 2022, 2:26:39 AM
"
Tripz123 wrote:
It may be worth noting that although you do gain elemental reflect immunity with tectonic slam when using Awakened Elemental Damage with Attack Skills Level 5+, that it doesn't mean your Infernal Cry's [Combust] Proc won't still one shot you if you exert your attacks with it. I'm not sure if this was noted anywhere, but I assumed since Infernal Cry says "Cannot be reflected" that it was going to be safe, but unfortunately the "Combust" portion of the skill does not follow the same rules. So if you have your awakened elemental damage support, remember you still need to not use Infernal Cry for those maps. (Or use pantheon and respec into the Mastery node (replace -18 fire exposure, for -50% reflect) temporarily until you're done running reflect maps, or just reroll the map. Whatever!)

Anyway, just thought I'd let people know before they go rip any exp :) (Like I did haha) Overall I think that's a pretty dumb thing about Combust, they should have just added the Cannot be reflected to that as well since its part of the same gem. Its always something... xD

Yeah, it's in the Q&A about how to deal with elemental reflect :)
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
"
plasticeyes wrote:
i'm in t10/t11s and the build is just embarrassingly squishy. fora a marauder that seems awfully strange.

part of this is a statement of the game. it's so much more work to make a melee character tough in this game. however, in a sense, this is a ranged character.

pretty much every arena in red maps is a death sentence.

i just died to cemetery bosses 4 times in a row. pretty much getting 2-shot.

yes the war cry regen seems like a good idea, until the bosses are taking 35% of your life in one chunk and you get hit 4 times in a row. lol.

then you are on cooldown for ALL of the war crys and you're dead.

so . damage - not good enough to 1-shot bosses. defense - not good enough to stop getting killed by bosses.

i think i'm in a "transitional" phase and perhaps that's why i'm having a tough time. i had a bit of trouble getting into yellow maps and then things started to go smoothly and now starting red maps and things are going badly again.

but i'm really unclear on where the defense in this build comes from.

what's particularly amazing is that my block chance says 50% and you would never know it. i'm getting serious chunks of damage from all sorts of enemies likely because armor of 5.5k is nigh onto useless. however this is PoE. trying to use determination in place of damage auras would be even worse. i should probably focus on getting my damage buffed.

life is only 4.3k which is not great, but 5k isn't going to be much better. do i need to be 6k ? 7k ? still operating on a 5L. that's probably not great either.

where exactly should i be in terms of stats and gear for red maps ??

edit: lol. went into my next t11 and cleaned up. well, you do have to pay attention to those map mods. but still, build seems squishy...

Hi again! good to see you are trying the build again!

I checked your character and noticed something you can do to improve:

1. your fortify isn't linked to the skill gem, to improve survival, you should get a 6L boday armor as soon as possible. a 6L uncorrupted str based body armor with 100+ life only costs less than 10 chaos. With fortify,your survivability can improve a lot.

2. You need to use second wind gem to link intimidating cry and enduring cry. Then for damage you have lot more chances to get the 2x buff. for survival, you can use enduring cry one more time so it can save you in the scenarios you described.

3. I don't see any immunity for corrupted blood, you should at least get a flask with corrupted blood removal or immunity on it. Otherwise sometimes mobs will apply 10 stacks of corrupted blood on you.

4. flame dash level 1, to save mana.

[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
"
JennoJoyce wrote:

Hi again! good to see you are trying the build again!

I checked your character and noticed something you can do to improve:

1. your fortify isn't linked to the skill gem, to improve survival, you should get a 6L boday armor as soon as possible. a 6L uncorrupted str based body armor with 100+ life only costs less than 10 chaos. With fortify,your survivability can improve a lot.

2. You need to use second wind gem to link intimidating cry and enduring cry. Then for damage you have lot more chances to get the 2x buff. for survival, you can use enduring cry one more time so it can save you in the scenarios you described.

3. I don't see any immunity for corrupted blood, you should at least get a flask with corrupted blood removal or immunity on it. Otherwise sometimes mobs will apply 10 stacks of corrupted blood on you.

4. flame dash level 1, to save mana.

Yes i'm trying it again ! i'm very determined to make it work this time. it's a fun build and love the concept of it. i think i _almost_ have the playstyle figured out, but bosses seem to be a bit of trouble, so i'm still missing something. time to watch videos again :-)

1 I have been trying to wait on the 6L armor so that i could get a 6L crit armor, but I you are very right, I should just get the corrupted 6L until i can afford the crit armor. i got a corrupted 6L my trapper, i don't know why i didn't do it for this build.

2 ok. i checked the PoB again and did not see that. am i missing it or is that a recent change ? or is it something i should do temporarily ?

3 LOL. thought i had put it on a flask, but i obviously have not. yes, need to get this fixed immediately. i noticed that DoTs are one of my main problems. i thought it was poison, hence the reason i'm running the amethyst.

4 ok.

Thank you so much for the advice! I'll will work on doing what you say.
Last edited by plasticeyes on Feb 28, 2022, 12:32:49 PM
"
plasticeyes wrote:

Yes i'm trying it again ! i'm very determined to make it work this time. it's a fun build and love the concept of it. i think i _almost_ have the playstyle figured out, but bosses seem to be a bit of trouble, so i'm still missing something. time to watch videos again :-)

1 I have been trying to wait on the 6L armor so that i could get a 6L crit armor, but I you are very right, I should just get the corrupted 6L until i can afford the crit armor. i got a corrupted 6L my trapper, i don't know why i didn't do it for this build.

2 ok. i checked the PoB again and did not see that. am i missing it or is that a recent change ? or is it something i should do temporarily ?

3 LOL. thought i had put it on a flask, but i obviously have not. yes, need to get this fixed immediately. i noticed that DoTs are one of my main problems. i thought it was poison, hence the reason i'm running the amethyst.

4 ok.

Thank you so much for the advice! I'll will work on doing what you say.

Glad to help!

about the second wind, usually I start to use it in early end-game setup, to help with more challenging end-game content.

That's why second wind is absent until the early end-game POB. But it doesn't hurt to use it in earlier builds, especially given that you often run out of enduring cry cooldown.
"
JennoJoyce wrote:

Glad to help!

about the second wind, usually I start to use it in early end-game setup, to help with more challenging end-game content.

That's why second wind is absent until the early end-game POB. But it doesn't hurt to use it in earlier builds, especially given that you often run out of enduring cry cooldown.

LOL . i checked the league start, early crit, and mid game crit, but i didn't check the early end-game. it's in there, just as you say. BTW, i put them in PoB as 1 2 3 4 & 5 ;-)

Hi Jenno!

i really like the concept of this build and its very satisfing.

But i have a problem with the "high tier content" like shaper, sirius etc.
Iam dying to often on this one, and sometimes i just got one shot for no reason, this happens also on mapping.

Is it possible to take a look at my gear and my POB : https://pastebin.com/A5REZu1F

Thanks mate and keep on the good work.
Hello, I've been having great success with this build and actually just beat The Polaric Void guy, he dropped     Polaric Devastation, Opal Ring‌ which seemed like a good fit for this build. Currently I'm in early transition into crit so was wondering if there's any downsides I'm not seeing.

Thanks for the build!
"
yummygummy23 wrote:
Hello, I've been having great success with this build and actually just beat The Polaric Void guy, he dropped     Polaric Devastation, Opal Ring‌ which seemed like a good fit for this build. Currently I'm in early transition into crit so was wondering if there's any downsides I'm not seeing.

Thanks for the build!

Hi, I'm not op but I think Polaric Devastation is decent until you get your double curse chest. At that point, you'd prefer to have the curse on hit rings and the extra socket from the unset ring for your aura of your choice. The implicit of Polaric Devastation also does not apply to our build since we don't use spells.

Just a quick question for OP regarding crafting. I've been having horrible luck just trying to craft resistances in the final versions of the body armour and belt. I keep getting situations such as this

What would you do in this situation? I'm tempted to keep prefixes and T4 Aisling and pray that it removes this resistance but that's risky too. When I've gotten this on my body armour, I tried to lock prefixes and annul it off but I'm not sure if there's a better way.
Last edited by Fallman2 on Mar 1, 2022, 10:25:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info