Our 3.12 Expansion Timeline

"
DS_Deadman wrote:
"
frostzor27 wrote:
Make Harvest go core.

Keep in mind that IF (huge if) it goes core, they said it would be nowhere near the level of crafting you have now. The mirror tier gear will not be something you can really get to, very often if at all. That was straight from Chris.

Fuck. Did he say why not?
Deterministic Mirror Tier crafting by way of gradual upgrades to an item is absolutely amazing as a concept
too fast...
PoE Animal crossing?
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
DS_Deadman wrote:
"
frostzor27 wrote:
Make Harvest go core.

Keep in mind that IF (huge if) it goes core, they said it would be nowhere near the level of crafting you have now. The mirror tier gear will not be something you can really get to, very often if at all. That was straight from Chris.

Mirror tier gear are only for streamers... We common casual folks can get some improvements, like the bow I'm using, it rolled a cold modidier in the regal slam. Before Harvest I had to start the alt process all again, but now I could make a very good weapon with less currency spent. Most of my crafts are still needing some mods. I could either keep playing and hope for the best or I could do what I hate: trade.

I dunno and don't wanna play if this doesn't make to core game... Personally I hate the process of alt spam:

1 - Need a ton of currency
2 - Currency flipping wich leads to 3
3 - Trade bots
4 - Bots
5 - Mediocre results at best.

Deterministic crafting was the single best idea they ever made. The garden setup part is bad, i don't wanna do it every league and it could be improved or be pre-made, but if it's the price to have the crafts, I'd gladly pay it.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
"
frostzor27 wrote:
"
DS_Deadman wrote:
"
frostzor27 wrote:
Make Harvest go core.

Mirror tier gear are only for streamers... We common casual folks can get some improvements, like the bow I'm using, it rolled a cold modidier in the regal slam. Before Harvest I had to start the alt process all again, but now I could make a very good weapon with less currency spent. Most of my crafts are still needing some mods. I could either keep playing and hope for the best or I could do what I hate: trade.

I dunno and don't wanna play if this doesn't make to core game... Personally I hate the process of alt spam:

1 - Need a ton of currency
2 - Currency flipping wich leads to 3
3 - Trade bots
4 - Bots
5 - Mediocre results at best.

Deterministic crafting was the single best idea they ever made. The garden setup part is bad, i don't wanna do it every league and it could be improved or be pre-made, but if it's the price to have the crafts, I'd gladly pay it.

Don't get me wrong, I think the mechanic is an OK one. I did not think it deserved it's own league as it doesn't fit the mindset for far too many in an action rpg. However I thought it was good to have a deterministic method for crafting. I am personally more of a farm loot and get great gear, but I do like to be able to craft as well. As a matter of fact I played SSF this league, because I could with the new crafting. However I do not play POE to craft and felt this took too much hands on, for what it was. I generally am able to get as good of, if not better gear in less time via loot farming and trading. It's just my opinion obviously and there are plenty that disagree with me on that and that is fine.

Saying that, I do think they want to bring deterministic crafting into the game, they said as much before this league. They said this was an experiment towards that goal. So I think they are still going to do that, maybe either by tweaking Harvest, like they did Beastiary, or by bringing something else in for it.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
"
Wissle wrote:
"
DS_Deadman wrote:
"
frostzor27 wrote:
Make Harvest go core.

Fuck. Did he say why not?
Deterministic Mirror Tier crafting by way of gradual upgrades to an item is absolutely amazing as a concept

Mainly because it was never meant to be a way to easily get mirror level gear so easily.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
"
DS_Deadman wrote:

Mainly because it was never meant to be a way to easily get mirror level gear so easily.

I see! Is it really easy to get mirror tier though? For average players?
Or is it only easy for 24/7 poe players/streamers etc?
"
Wissle wrote:
"
DS_Deadman wrote:

I see! Is it really easy to get mirror tier though? For average players?
Or is it only easy for 24/7 poe players/streamers etc?

You can check my gear, it's open... I'm still using gear I bought at the begining... This is what I crafted and using so far:

None of this I think it's mirror tier gear...
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
One week more for me to get the current portal effect. Sounds good!
Can't wait to see what you guys have done for 3.12, hoping you guys make harvest go core. I am having a blast playing poe these days and I have not had the opportunity of playing fully.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info