[3.17]Blazer's Flicker God![League Starter as Cyclone-Supreme Tank-35M+ DPS Maxed-Fast]ALL CONTENT

"
Hey thanks for the guide :) ive been playing this the last few days but im having problems sustaining frenzy charges lol. any pointers?

go for Anomalous flicker strike not diverget, get x2 -9 mana not 1. anoint frenetic on amulet not heartseeker. make sure u have phys dmg leeched as mana jewel or somewhere on gear. that's all u need.
Last edited by Blazer780 on Feb 9, 2021, 3:34:12 AM
"
Acsido wrote:
Loving the build!! Question. If I get +2 strike skills elevated mod on gloves can i drop melee splash on 6l for clearing?

you can, but u will lose some of the clear speed.
Last edited by Blazer780 on Feb 9, 2021, 3:34:31 AM
"
theio666 wrote:
"
Hey thanks for the guide :) ive been playing this the last few days but im having problems sustaining frenzy charges lol. any pointers?

Matematically speaking, this build can not sustain frenzy charges infinitely on single target. Basically, on average, you have 10 flicker casts till you run out of charges for your setup, so after losing all charges you will need to refill charges with farull proc. You can do following:
1)upgrade max charge number from 4 to 5, that will increase avg cast number to 14,
2)put swift afl in gloves, that will get you charge refill more often
3)get lower attack speed - that will make you cast your avg casts slower = closer to farull refill
4)get anomalous blood rage - that will increase avg casts to 12 for 4 max charges and 17 for 5 max charges(+ slower attack speed = more time till farull refill)
5)get another quality flicker strike. Build suggests anomalous to get the ability to faster recast. But normal flicker strike will allow you to even better sustain charges
Normal flicker with 5 max charges = 25 casts on average, 2.5 times more than you have now! And adding on top of that anom blood rage will increase that number to 35 casts on average!

Btw, raider without gloves mod for full refill will have around 200+ casts for 4 charges lol

Calculated a little bit more things, so:
Normal corrupted 23q flicker + anom blood rage + awakened multi + 5max charges + gloves mod = 40+ attacks on average till you stop flickering, which is cool, but with APS this build have, it will stop flickering before CD is up or Farrul gives more frenzy charges. I tested both anomalous and normal flicker, and with normal one it's 25% chance to stop before CD, and for anom it's ~32% chance.
"
Blazer780 wrote:
"
iunewind wrote:
Im undesrtand nothing, like Jhone Snow.
Was on cyclon version with about 1-2m total dps in POB.

Now im switched to flicker. And im see 170k total dps on POB.
Ok, its not leveled gems but im try to "levelup" it in POB to 20/20 and im have 200k dps.
If im load budget or midgame pobs from guide im see good value with several Millions of dps, when im load back my im see my funny 170k.
What im miss?

p.s. first time play Flicker strike and its awefull. Its fast jitter/flickering screen all the time. How do you play this? )) Its so discomfort in my taste.

lol. anyway man, probably your dps is low cause u didn't check anything in config? also the switch to flicker requires so many mandatory things to sustain so please check the FaQ for that.

Im compare your and my builds few times and cant understand what wrong with my. Only key difference (as im see) its lack of Unnatural Instinct. Also im still have Scaeva and rare belt. Im have replica farrul, surrender and abyssus, cat on glovews, +phys on rings - its all not perfect but ok, close to build. Ok, its lack of jewel.
But if im even just remove jewel and belt in your guide, and put on scaeva instead rae foil im just have 3m of DPS instead of 6m in your build. In my build its TWENTY time lower value - about 180k. Im dont understand what wrong. Probably something easy and funy as f...k because its too big difference.

In game its playable, im can clear red tier map, not very fast and with big chance of diying but i can - its feel not big difference in speed as on cyclon version (only much much more uncomfortable cause instant screen jitter: ) ) .
"
theio666 wrote:
"
theio666 wrote:
"

Matematically speaking, this build can not sustain frenzy charges infinitely on single target. Basically, on average, you have 10 flicker casts till you run out of charges for your setup, so after losing all charges you will need to refill charges with farull proc. You can do following:
1)upgrade max charge number from 4 to 5, that will increase avg cast number to 14,
2)put swift afl in gloves, that will get you charge refill more often
3)get lower attack speed - that will make you cast your avg casts slower = closer to farull refill
4)get anomalous blood rage - that will increase avg casts to 12 for 4 max charges and 17 for 5 max charges(+ slower attack speed = more time till farull refill)
5)get another quality flicker strike. Build suggests anomalous to get the ability to faster recast. But normal flicker strike will allow you to even better sustain charges
Normal flicker with 5 max charges = 25 casts on average, 2.5 times more than you have now! And adding on top of that anom blood rage will increase that number to 35 casts on average!

Btw, raider without gloves mod for full refill will have around 200+ casts for 4 charges lol

Calculated a little bit more things, so:
Normal corrupted 23q flicker + anom blood rage + awakened multi + 5max charges + gloves mod = 40+ attacks on average till you stop flickering, which is cool, but with APS this build have, it will stop flickering before CD is up or Farrul gives more frenzy charges. I tested both anomalous and normal flicker, and with normal one it's 25% chance to stop before CD, and for anom it's ~32% chance.

I seriously don't know how flicker is stopping with someone who has awakened multistrike T_T. When I tested it at the very beginning. even with 4 frenzies only and awa multi, flicker never stops on single target. so I'm not sure.

Last edited by Blazer780 on Feb 9, 2021, 3:50:35 AM
"
iunewind wrote:
"
Blazer780 wrote:
"
iunewind wrote:
Im undesrtand nothing, like Jhone Snow.
Was on cyclon version with about 1-2m total dps in POB.

Now im switched to flicker. And im see 170k total dps on POB.
Ok, its not leveled gems but im try to "levelup" it in POB to 20/20 and im have 200k dps.
If im load budget or midgame pobs from guide im see good value with several Millions of dps, when im load back my im see my funny 170k.
What im miss?

p.s. first time play Flicker strike and its awefull. Its fast jitter/flickering screen all the time. How do you play this? )) Its so discomfort in my taste.

lol. anyway man, probably your dps is low cause u didn't check anything in config? also the switch to flicker requires so many mandatory things to sustain so please check the FaQ for that.

Im compare your and my builds few times and cant understand what wrong with my. Only key difference (as im see) its lack of Unnatural Instinct. Also im still have Scaeva and rare belt. Im have replica farrul, surrender and abyssus, cat on glovews, +phys on rings - its all not perfect but ok, close to build. Ok, its lack of jewel.
But if im even just remove jewel and belt in your guide, and put on scaeva instead rae foil im just have 3m of DPS instead of 6m in your build. In my build its TWENTY time lower value - about 180k. Im dont understand what wrong. Probably something easy and funy as f...k because its too big difference.

In game its playable, im can clear red tier map, not very fast and with big chance of diying but i can - its feel not big difference in speed as on cyclon version (only much much more uncomfortable cause instant screen jitter: ) ) .

man, as I told u before it's probably that your PoB has 0 right config... that's why it's only 180k. if u can do red maps, then ur dps is probably high enough and not just 180k.

EDIT: OK, you farurl's is 5L!!! and you complain about dps??? please 6L first then test again :)
EDIT2: your gems are all very low lvl/no quality...............
EDIT3: Your hit chance is probably very low! i see no accuracy on gear whatsoever.
your setup is missing tons of things that needs fixing, buddy.... when you said that there is no difference between your setup and my one in PoB, i thought u know what u r doing but clearly, u don't. It's night and day difference....
Edit4: Where is your diamond Flask??????? I just don't know how u don't see any difference between ur setup and mine... PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD read the FaQ section, all of it!!!!!!!! and follow everything there.

if you don't know how my build works.. at least make sure you copy everything right... gear, flasks, gem levels/quality/links, core mods on rare gear, etc.

just please, for the 2nd time, if you only read the FaQ section well, it will surely fix all your problems... just follow everything from there and see what you are missing. if things go wrong after that, I can help you. but your current setup is a mess to me, if I'm gonna be honest with you.

Also, In UI, In game settings, make sure u r using Lockstep Network mode and not Predictive.
Last edited by Blazer780 on Feb 9, 2021, 3:50:16 AM
I could use some pointers on what to upgrade next, on a budget of about 30 ex (that's what i have to spend at the moment). I feel like my DPS is lacking a bit, but I also get absolutely demolished by any kind of DoT (yes, i need a bleed immune jewel and probably more chaos res).

I use HH for clearing maps and swap Ryslatha in for bossing. I'm using Close combat over brutality, mostly because of HH to take advantage of ele conversion buffs. Swap melee splash for brutality for bossing also.

My character profile is public here https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/asyyra/characters

Also, I have this sword that I'm trying to craft
Any suggestions on how to do it? I can't think of much else but remove the cold and slam aug phys from harvest and pray to chris wilson.
(T1 phys%, T1 attack speed and T2 crit multi). The 4% attack speed implicit is slightly worse than crit multi as far as i can tell in pob, but it's very marginal.
Hello, thanks for the build, had a blast playing, however I've started to have really bad headaches when I'm playing so I decided to try switching to cyclone, so I want to ask is Farrul's Fur important for cyclone version of the build?

Digged a little into your cyclone pob but it's not nearly as detailed as your flicker strike pobs so I've decided to ask!
Thanks for the build!
"
Blazer780 wrote:

EDIT: OK, you farurl's is 5L!!! and you complain about dps??? please 6L first then test again :)

etc.
Im read the faq and whole guide. Im see im miss some things. Obivious its cause im dont have currnecy for fill all fields.
BUT, again: im open your POB, and lowered value to ~ my level, im remove missed jewel, remove gem for 5l etc. And im still have 2-3m in your pob and still have ~200k in mine. Its 10-20x difference, and its looks like im miss something more important then 5l instead 6l. Or POB works wrong
Im make my pob link if you interesting.
https://pastebin.com/EwfJJ8H8
"
iunewind wrote:
"
Blazer780 wrote:

etc.
Im read the faq and whole guide. Im see im miss some things. Obivious its cause im dont have currnecy for fill all fields.
BUT, again: im open your POB, and lowered value to ~ my level, im remove missed jewel, remove gem for 5l etc. And im still have 2-3m in your pob and still have ~200k in mine. Its 10-20x difference, and its looks like im miss something more important then 5l instead 6l. Or POB works wrong
Im make my pob link if you interesting.
https://pastebin.com/EwfJJ8H8

Dude, you literally have nothing activated in your configuration, your DPS is 575k and 983k with impale
EDIT: noticed you have replica's farrul, you can sell that, get normal farrul's fur and fill all your bad slots with ease!
Disabled power charges in the config, you're still at 500k and 900k respectively
Last edited by maxrightgame on Feb 9, 2021, 6:10:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info