I Miss Boem...

i think the problem is how their ban system works, first time is like 15 mins, second is couple hours ban etc, if you are long time player you will reach insanely long probation periods, there should be reset to them every once in a while
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Might be The Walrus Formerly Known as I_NO.

Come to think of it, what happened to I_NO?

guess she's changed the account name back to her elder one - Apathy1. (has been quite active in this thread)
Just do it! And keep it simple -
Things will become complicated by itself.
Last edited by tuasoafoch on Dec 30, 2021, 4:59:01 AM
"
tuasoafoch wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Might be The Walrus Formerly Known as I_NO.

guess she's changed the account name back to her elder one - Apathy1. (has been quite active in this thread)

Thanks. But why? And does that mean she's dropped that childish persona of hers?
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 30, 2021, 5:34:13 AM
I don't know. maybe you can ask her self. or W knows (her ehm... mentor(?) aka DoubleU).
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
tuasoafoch wrote:

"
Exile009 wrote:
Thanks. But why? And does that mean she's dropped that childish persona of hers?

no her behavior is the same. that linked thread was locked because of her
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Dec 30, 2021, 9:41:45 AM
"
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
tuasoafoch wrote:

"
Exile009 wrote:

I see. Curious because I don't recall seeing any of her walrus posts in a while.
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 30, 2021, 10:16:45 AM
"
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
tuasoafoch wrote:

"
Exile009 wrote:

it seems your quotas got a bit confused didn't they?
my original answer to Exile009

'nuff said, i'll stop derailing the thread now, after all it's Boems one i guess.
Last edited by tuasoafoch on Dec 30, 2021, 4:07:17 PM
Yeah that's her.

---

I don't miss Boem -- we clashed pretty hard for years, esp after I had my little guild meltdown -- but I am 100% against permaban for anyone who uses the forum in a balanced way. And by that I mean like a normal fucking human being with good days and bad, ups and downs. You ban bots and one dimensional trolls whose posts add nothing, ever. Boem was never that. Bambi was never that. Sexcalibure was never that.

But like I said, there may well be behind the scenes stuff that absolutely warrants a ban. Not our business really.

What is our business, I think, is knowing with functional clarity what will and what won't see anyone else in a similar situation. At that GGG have not provided.

Too hard basket, I guess.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
Yeah that's her.

---

I don't miss Boem -- we clashed pretty hard for years, esp after I had my little guild meltdown -- but I am 100% against permaban for anyone who uses the forum in a balanced way. And by that I mean like a normal fucking human being with good days and bad, ups and downs. You ban bots and one dimensional trolls whose posts add nothing, ever. Boem was never that. Bambi was never that. Sexcalibure was never that.

But like I said, there may well be behind the scenes stuff that absolutely warrants a ban. Not our business really.

What is our business, I think, is knowing with functional clarity what will and what won't see anyone else in a similar situation. At that GGG have not provided.

Too hard basket, I guess.

I'm pretty fine with perma probation for "hardened criminals" of any forum. People who repeatedly break the rules shouldn't be handle with kids gloves. It would be bizarre and callous to treat bots and trolls with extreme Cruelty for breaking the rules but treat others with extra lenciency for doing the same. In the court of law, Judges, juries, and law enforcers aren't supposed show favoritism for whomever they like. Or in the broader sense not punishing a transgressor is improper and inexcusable.
"
awesome999 wrote:
In the court of law, Judges, juries, and law enforcers aren't supposed show favoritism for whomever they like.

Except he wasn't calling for favoritism. On the contrary, the change proposed by many here is very much consistent and applicable to all. Also, this isn't a court of law - not even close. That presumes there are societal structures in place to lend it legitimacy and accountability. The position of private online fora and their admins is more comparable to a feudal fiefdom than a modern court. Hell, even your words make that clear - where exactly is the "jury" here? And what's the distinction between the judges and the law enforcers (presumably referring to the police)? No, online fora like this are run by people who're empowered as judge, jury and executioner. There's a reason the actual justice system you're comparing this to isn't like that.

Also how do you know there's no favoritism shown the other way i.e. vendettas?

Lastly, what is the purpose of this forum? You call them "hardened criminals", which sounds like demonizing to me. What did they do wrong? If it was antagonism against other forum members, there's a Report button for that. Yet I'm fairly confident the majority of probations aren't a result of anyone being reported (yet another difference from the actual justice system - there's no need for a complaint to filed by any victims), but due to the mods themselves stepping in of their own volition. And a lot of the infarctions are for 'crimes' that a lot of people here may not object to in the first place. In other words, they're like the so-called 'victimless crimes' in the real world - and there's a reason why such 'crimes' are always controversial...
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 31, 2021, 6:15:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info