EXALTED ORB Price Shenanigans [Expedition].170:1 Terrible patch = terrible economy. *shrugs*

ty GGG for ban bots!

BUT PLS KEEP BAN BOTS! DONT STOP BAN BOTS!
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
ty GGG for ban bots!

I really can't say if u're sarcastic or not... but u can't be serious^^
"
Sadaukar wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
ty GGG for ban bots!

this thread is older then....well this thread.
yes these people are serious. they believe the only driving factor of the chaos to exalt ratio is bots.
if it goes up, its bots. if it goes down, its a bot ban. literally nothing else drives the economy. nothing.

isn't it obvious?
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Sadaukar wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
ty GGG for ban bots!

this thread is older then....well this thread.
yes these people are serious. they believe the only driving factor of the chaos to exalt ratio is bots.
if it goes up, its bots. if it goes down, its a bot ban. literally nothing else drives the economy. nothing.

isn't it obvious?

Yes, bots (including and especially) trade bots have a strong impact on the market. Configuring a currency trade feedback loop that nets them currency per trade takes little effort and afk play time, but they can make 100 trades in an hour while you and I do 10 Ultimatums in an hour. Trade bots are convenient, but you are blind if you don’t see how much they affect the market.

WTS 10 divines for 1 ex
WTB 1 ex for 9 divines
Repeat 1000 cycles in a day afk in hideout
"
budawpi wrote:

Yes, bots (including and especially) trade bots have a strong impact on the market. Configuring a currency trade feedback loop that nets them currency per trade takes little effort and afk play time, but they can make 100 trades in an hour while you and I do 10 Ultimatums in an hour. Trade bots are convenient, but you are blind if you don’t see how much they affect the market.

WTS 10 divines for 1 ex
WTB 1 ex for 9 divines
Repeat 1000 cycles in a day afk in hideout

Eh? Currency flipping bots have zero effect since they don't inject any new currency into the economy. When people talk about bots they mean the bots that are farming, doing chaos recipe etc. and generating additional currency that would not otherwise be there.
A good write up here on someone's thoughts on why the price has gone back down - https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/n0ysj0/any_idea_why_of_a_sudden_exalt_price_started_to/

"
RandallPOE wrote:

Eh? Currency flipping bots have zero effect since they don't inject any new currency into the economy. When people talk about bots they mean the bots that are farming, doing chaos recipe etc. and generating additional currency that would not otherwise be there.

Of course they have some effect, they kind of dictate the ratio and price of currency. When people want to sell their 500 Chrom and contact bots, they ll need to sell their chrom at the bot demanded value.

If most of bots decide to buy 1ex = 160c good luck buying it for cheaper than that. everyone will put their ex to sell at the bot value. Why it everyone scaling on the bot value is because when you open poe trade and look how much an Ex is worth you ll see the first page with bots seller ratio.

In the end the bots decide the currency ratio.
Forum pvp
Heavy price fixing going on in alch:chaos and chrome:chaos conversion. Multiple low level accounts who put their stock online but actually don't sell anything, forcing the unaware player to sell for a similar or better ratio.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
lolozori wrote:

In the end the bots decide the currency ratio.

Not really, they just react to the fluctuations - if their ratio is unrealistic then everyone will just use some other bot of which there are hundreds or not exchange at all. I guess they do have more impact on the less common exchanges but stuff like chaos:ex fusings:ex etc. is mostly player driven.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Apr 29, 2021, 5:15:55 AM
130 now
[b][u]Zana[/u][/b]: Still sane, Exile?
[b][u]Exile[/u][/b]: Ye.
[b][u]Zana[/u][/b]: Hold my Flask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info