[3.13] 🔥Oro’s Flicker Strike Raider🔥 | Top tier mapper/currency farmer | 10M+ DPS | All Content

I think this is my first time posting on the forums...

So I wanted to play cyclone this season after trying it out, but I've grown a bit bored of my pure phys slayer and I don't want to try COC asassin.

I was wondering how this build would fair as a mostly cyclone build? I could spec some into flicker strike for whatever bosses or whatever map clear its significantly better for, follow your guide for the most part, but make a few sacrifices in areas that will get me better cyclone damage.

Would you recommend it?
@Legendaire

If you opt for Cyclone as a main skill, I'd recommend to not go for an Oro's, but stick to a 2H physical sword, either pure phys with impale (any budget), or phys -> elemental conversion (high budget).

It scales the Cyclone damage much better as the Cyclone gem adds flat physical damage which is lost when using an Oro's.

An "explode" chest will also be a good late game investment to improve the clear speed and the area coverage. Rest of the gear can be very close to what I recommend in the build.

Character feels good with cyclone (great movespeed, good defensive layers, good DPS, needs some investment in AOE for big coverage), but nothing can replace Flicker Strike... be sure to try it :D

I cleared wave 19/20 in Simulacrum in SSF with Cyclone on a lvl 94 character using this weapon :

(4Ex-ish in trade)

Super good high-end weapons, for pure phys or for elemental conversion :

Last edited by Heinarc on Feb 13, 2021, 4:19:17 PM
Wow thank you for the quick response! You know what, you've inspired me to try flicker strike.

It's a little nauseating so I'm not sure how to deal with it yet, but your guide has really convinced me.

Your quick response has re-assured me I will be able to get help, I'll be back once I get stuck ty!
Last edited by Legendaire on Feb 14, 2021, 5:48:39 AM
First of all, thanks for this guide. I really love flicker but was never able to reach red maps with most of the builds i tried and currently t16 maps are easily doable deathless.

The only problem im currently having is the baran fight (havent reached sirus because of it). I get oftenly oneshot by his projectiles and cant seem to find any setup which helps me survive. Swapping Steelskin for Immortal call helped but its not enough.

My POB link is here: https://pastebin.com/C2RJWK5Z if anybody could help with what im lacking to do this fight (or in general) it would be greatly appreciated.

The Items i have:

I also have a full cluster setup (Fuel the fight, Feed the fury, Smite the Weak large and Cremator + Cooked alive medium and a 15 firepen watchers).

Thanks for any help in advance!
Last edited by TheRiddlSmith on Feb 13, 2021, 5:40:28 PM
@The RiddlSmith

Took a quick glance at you build, everything is fine for your defences.
IMHO you're just missing dps, i was at your point like 2 weeks ago, i kept dying, and was a bit less tanky than you.

What you could go for to be a bit more tanky: more life (%increased on chest and belt if you can influence a stygian) but 5K3 is close to enough.

If you upgrade your dps you should feel really better as mobs won't have time to hit you. For bosses you have to hit and run, Baran is a pain, drop totem flicker for 1s and dash away as he's attacking.

To upgrade your dps, in order of priority:

- roll your chest to have +1.5% crit base. It is needed to actually have some crit and do any damage scaling.

- change your jewels: you have a low crit chance and a low crit multi. you should be able to find at least 3 stats (life / crit chance / crit multi) very easily. Better go for life and doble crit multi if you can. going from 300% to 400% multi and from 36% to 60% effective crit chance wil give you 60% MORE damage. It's like adding 2 gems to your main link.

- quality your gems and buy the awakened one that are cheap (elem dmg,melee splash)

- buy a better or divine your Oro to have at least 800+ dps

- use harvest to craft your shits. Your belt for exemple: remove def for the armor, add attack should give you WED which gives you a good chunk of damage.

- get better rings, the demon grip should be switched for something giving you more.I'm not sure the base giving you 7%inc life is more important than having a good ring with intel + acc + life + WED

- craft a helm with -% fire res (i'm using Atonement mask myself, the ilvl85 base is rare, then you need to use a warlord orb and some fossil to get it, a simple evasion base will save you 2ex.)

- craft gloves with +1 strike +1 frenzy. craft tailwind elusive boots too if you got money and time to craft.

It is the first build i had so much trouble upgrading my gear because you need stats, accuracy, res, and some special affixes like +1 strike, -% fire res etc. Changing one piece of gear may actually need you to change 3 in order to balance all of that. So GL mate.

==IGN: DefNotSummShaz
Last edited by 5h4z4m on Feb 14, 2021, 4:31:27 AM
@5h4z4m Thanks for the in depth reply. Already upgraded a little bit (1.25 crit chest and some jewels) and the extra damage is great. TY
"
If you upgrade your dps you should feel really better as mobs won't have time to hit you

This is actually a key condition for Flicker to feel great. If you spend more >2secs on rares coz you are not yet well geared, many abilities will have the time to target and hit you, especially spells for which you only have a 40% defensive layer.

You can do the maps, but it feels more rippy than it has to be. Be selective on map mods, swap to cyclone which allows more precise gameplay, or run lower tier content.

I myself usually speed run T10-T12s at league start to generate my first 10ex, and it has worked especially great with rituals - rewards are the same than what you would have on T14+, but you do the map in 3min rather than 5 and don't risk a 10% xp loss with bad mods. And you have the same chance at getting harvest to work on gg gear.

For Baran's specifically, flicker is bad if you can't kill him in 5sec under Vaal Grace, which requires around 5M sDPS. If the fight takes longer you can get suddenly one-shotted for 10%xp loss. I recommend using cyclone, which will make the fight last longer, but much more controllable.

Last edited by Heinarc on Feb 15, 2021, 7:47:10 AM
Can't wait to test this build, currently slowly progressing trought acts to start my new journey with Flicker :P

Btw @Heinarc, appreciate your constant help and activity in this post!

Do you have discord server or something where you are also reachable?
Last edited by Shaalvy on Feb 15, 2021, 11:11:39 AM
how do we deal with porcupines? they such a pain when mapping. other than that, i am having a blast with this build! thanks!

also why is the number in infernal cry not going down? isn't it supposed to go down with each melee attack?
Last edited by skrambol on Feb 16, 2021, 2:41:18 AM
@Skrambol
porcupines corpses explode on death, so use a cluster jewel with cremator on it. If you can't use one yet, immortal call with CWDT should be ok at first.

Infernal cry gives exerted attacks, but it doesn't work with multistrike supported skill. We use infernal cry just for covered in ash and explosions.
==IGN: DefNotSummShaz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info