Poll: Do you want an instant buyout for the Trade Market? Let your voice be heard!

Yes, it's honestly a no brainer.
Tell me how much automation is on a PS4 and Xbox
"
Have any of you voting “yes” actually read the development manifesto on trading? Do you guys understand why GGG is against making trading easy? It says in plain black and white that if they make item trading too easy. It will further encourage people who use automation software not to mention that GGG has said they would have to nerf drop rates!

Ya’ll think this is bad? Be grateful that item trading still exists at the level it does in this game. It only took Diablo 3 one season to completely ruin their trade system. If a multibillion dollar corporation like Blizz couldn’t get it right, I actually applaud indie GGG for coming this far. My vote? No, don’t go the way of the ARPG giant that failed miserably.

I’d be all for removing the anonymity from the trade board. Put the persons PSN account name or Gamertag somewhere in this listing and it’ll be easy to spot the price fixers. “Who do I buy from? It_That_Trades or fjeodjebfjdjebebk”?

"
Asra101010 wrote:
One day a guy was having dinner out with his girlfriend.
She went to the bathroom so while waiting for her to order a dessert together, the guy checked the Poe forum on his phone.
What a surprise! The patch note for the new league was out!
While Reading it he noticed that the Shaper's Touch went legacy. - Oh Shit, he thought, I have 10 of them on the market listed for 20chaos!
His girlfriend came back and saw he nervous: what's up love?
He didn't answer, instead Took her hands, No dessert, he screamed, jumped on the motorbike and ran to his home, turned on the Ps4 and.. Fuck, of course someone took advantage of him being out with his Gf and bought all his legacy wannabe Shaper's Touch.

You all, one day, could be that guy if GGG implements Buyouts
I won't, because if GGG does it, I will simply not price any item on the market to prevent stuff like that or stacking error (when you want to sell 1 div for 10 chaos and you don't realise that you put in another copy of that card, ending up selling 2 div card for 10 chaos or thousand of other stuff that could happen and that, given the outstanding average maturity of this community, will eventually end up with this forum being flooded with insults, rants, screams and what not).

Guess my vote

:)

This is a poor analogy as it would only ever apply to standard.

That said, I wouldn't mind a buy out option if it was set to the whole tab. Ie. A 1c buyout tab.
Last edited by PappaHambone on Apr 11, 2020, 4:04:39 AM
"

"
Asra101010 wrote:
One day a guy was having dinner out with his girlfriend.
She went to the bathroom so while waiting for her to order a dessert together, the guy checked the Poe forum on his phone.
What a surprise! The patch note for the new league was out!
While Reading it he noticed that the Shaper's Touch went legacy. - Oh Shit, he thought, I have 10 of them on the market listed for 20chaos!
His girlfriend came back and saw he nervous: what's up love?
He didn't answer, instead Took her hands, No dessert, he screamed, jumped on the motorbike and ran to his home, turned on the Ps4 and.. Fuck, of course someone took advantage of him being out with his Gf and bought all his legacy wannabe Shaper's Touch.

You all, one day, could be that guy if GGG implements Buyouts
I won't, because if GGG does it, I will simply not price any item on the market to prevent stuff like that or stacking error (when you want to sell 1 div for 10 chaos and you don't realise that you put in another copy of that card, ending up selling 2 div card for 10 chaos or thousand of other stuff that could happen and that, given the outstanding average maturity of this community, will eventually end up with this forum being flooded with insults, rants, screams and what not).

Guess my vote

:)

This is a poor analogy as it would only ever apply to standard.

And so what? Standard is still Poe and I play on standard so I speak about which problems I see in an environment that I know. People should speak about what they know.. But I understand that nowadays everyone speaks about everything ;)
The analogy was just one of the multiple bad effects that instant buyout can have on players. In my opinion, of course.
The stacking stuff that once you price keep the same price even if you add other items on the stack itself is another example.
Last edited by Asra101010 on Apr 11, 2020, 4:39:34 AM
The game urgently needs a better item filter on the console. The fact that the trade, especially the search for certain items, is so cumbersome means that less is automatically traded, which is a shame. I have had items in my Premium Stash compartment for days that would have been sold on PC long ago. An item filter similar to the one in the trade area for pc players on this homepage would be a dream and would lead to much more being traded.
"
Asra101010 wrote:

And so what? Standard is still Poe and I play on standard so I speak about which problems I see in an environment that I know. People should speak about what they know.. But I understand that nowadays everyone speaks about everything ;)
The analogy was just one of the multiple bad effects that instant buyout can have on players. In my opinion, of course.
The stacking stuff that once you price keep the same price even if you add other items on the stack itself is another example.

Sorry didn't mean to offend you. A buyout option is something that would affect the game as a whole, so you should be looking at it from that perspective instead of just your own. Whether it's for or against.
Last edited by PappaHambone on Apr 11, 2020, 5:34:48 AM
"
"
Asra101010 wrote:

Sorry didn't mean to offend you. A buyout option is something that would affect the game as a whole, so you should be looking at it from that perspective instead of just your own. Whether it's for or against.

No offense taken don't worry.
I agree with you, I talked about the perspective that I know better, Standard. Here we basically don't have any problem with price fixers cause the market is smaller than the league one so it's completely pointless to try to price fix anything cause I, for example, don't even check the market before pricing anything. But still some funny guy try to do it with items like fossils at 5ch lol.
But anyway I can see the point that you guys make about price fixing, that's why I've suggest some options in the previous pages that could help with price fixing without screwing up other aspect of the game.
Peace and love.
Yes

How about this, for price fixing, let’s price fix low. 1c trades, reject offers and just piss everyone off. Make everyone come in and demand a change.

Or maybe ggg should just give in and let poe.trade control the market. You mark something for sale, it prices and sells in the background. Take the pricing away from players.

For that out to dinner scenario from earlier in this thread...legit there should be bigger reasons to race home to...just sayin.
Yes it would be nice, but maybe give us a box to click instead of forcing it for offers.
"
Yes it would be nice, but maybe give us a box to click instead of forcing it for offers.

Sorry you are not allowed to vote. Only if you login your ps4/xbox account. This is to keep the poll fair. So please login your console account.

[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info