Poll: Do you want an instant buyout for the Trade Market? Let your voice be heard!

Simple question. Do you want an instant buyout or not?

I vote yes. Better experience for both buyer and seller and it removes pricefixers from the market.

To keep results fair I will only count votes if you post with your PS4 or Xbox account. PC players are not allowed to vote. Discussion is for console players only so login your account.
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Auradinho on May 1, 2020, 10:03:38 AM
Last bumped on Apr 2, 2021, 1:44:41 PM
One day a guy was having dinner out with his girlfriend.
She went to the bathroom so while waiting for her to order a dessert together, the guy checked the Poe forum on his phone.
What a surprise! The patch note for the new league was out!
While Reading it he noticed that the Shaper's Touch went legacy. - Oh Shit, he thought, I have 10 of them on the market listed for 20chaos!
His girlfriend came back and saw he nervous: what's up love?
He didn't answer, instead Took her hands, No dessert, he screamed, jumped on the motorbike and ran to his home, turned on the Ps4 and.. Fuck, of course someone took advantage of him being out with his Gf and bought all his legacy wannabe Shaper's Touch.

You all, one day, could be that guy if GGG implements Buyouts
I won't, because if GGG does it, I will simply not price any item on the market to prevent stuff like that or stacking error (when you want to sell 1 div for 10 chaos and you don't realise that you put in another copy of that card, ending up selling 2 div card for 10 chaos or thousand of other stuff that could happen and that, given the outstanding average maturity of this community, will eventually end up with this forum being flooded with insults, rants, screams and what not).

Guess my vote

:)
Last edited by Asra101010 on Apr 4, 2020, 9:02:48 PM
Total votes
Yes: 1
No: 1
[Removed by Support]
Yes. It's the ONLY thing that holds consoles back. Especially with new generation and pc like performance.
Yes.
"
Asra101010 wrote:
She went to the bathroom so while waiting for her to order a dessert together, the guy checked the Poe forum on his phone.
While Reading it he noticed that the Shaper's Touch went legacy. - Oh Shit, he thought, I have 10 of them on the market listed for 20chaos!
He didn't answer, instead Took her hands, No dessert, he screamed, jumped on the motorbike and ran to his home, turned on the Ps4 and.. Fuck, of course someone took advantage of him being out with his Gf and bought all his legacy wannabe Shaper's Touch.

I won't, because if GGG does it, I will simply not price any item on the market to prevent stuff like that or stacking error (when you want to sell 1 div for 10 chaos and you don't realise that you put in another copy of that card, ending up selling 2 div card for 10 chaos or thousand of other stuff that could happen and that, given the outstanding average maturity of this community, will eventually end up with this forum being flooded with insults, rants, screams and what not).

Guess my vote

And now, someone send you a scroll of wisdom with a question, your answer is yes and your brain itches to push accept after you typed your reply, as you want to accept his offer, just not the scroll... bam you sold your 5 ex item for 1 scroll of wisdom.

Stacked items issue:
I am anyway for taking away the price, when adding an item to the stack of a priced item. This should be in even now already.

Selling items to cheap, because not online:
Also for your other point, they could make buyout only available while being online. But if a buyout would not trigger the offer delay, someone could actually buy 5 maps from you within a few seconds and not need to wait 1 min in between to make you a new offer. This one for example is ridiculous. I mean they are against an auction house style, well with the need of being online, it wont be that easy at least and still take away most of the tedious tradeboard mechanic and will protect ppl like you, who seriously have a girl friend and then on top even have time to spend with her.

Vote: def a yes
Last edited by Filix80 on Apr 5, 2020, 11:24:20 AM
"
Filix80 wrote:
"
Asra101010 wrote:

Guess my vote

And now, someone send you a scroll of wisdom with a question, your answer is yes and your brain itches to push accept after you typed your reply, as you want to accept his offer, just not the scroll... bam you sold your 5 ex item for 1 scroll of wisdom.

Stacked items issue:
I am anyway for taking away the price, when adding an item to the stack of a priced item. This should be in even now already.

Selling items to cheap, because not online:
Also for your other point, they could make buyout only available while being online. But if a buyout would not trigger the offer delay, someone could actually buy 5 maps from you within a few seconds and not need to wait 1 min in between to make you a new offer. This one for example is ridiculous. I mean they are against an auction house style, well with the need of being online, it wont be that easy at least and still take away most of the tedious tradeboard mechanic and will protect ppl like you, who seriously have a girl friend and then on top even have time to spend with her.

Vote: def a yes

Ye but if you accept the scroll it involves a mistake from you, especially because it's not enough to accept the offer you have to confirm it on a second step.
Anyway I can see the point, it's full of people that try to be smart asses, I constantly receive ridiculous offers. I'd say 90% of the offers are completely garbage.
I just don't think that buyouts are the correct answer.
I'm still convinced that names and blacklist could make the marketplace an healthier place.

The only idea that comes to my mind that Could implement buyouts without many negative sides is to allow buyouts for items with a fixed price and to not allow buyouts for items with a negotiable price. But then propably you won't get rid of price fixers which is one of the main reason you guys want a buyout option.
Instead a names and blacklist option should solve most of the problems, included the 1 chromatic offer for your 6linked Starforge, because people will stop doing it if they have to do it with their name displayed.
Last edited by Asra101010 on Apr 5, 2020, 12:21:09 PM
Yes, if it's gonna stop price fixers, but i agree that name & blacklisting would be the way to go
Have any of you voting “yes” actually read the development manifesto on trading? Do you guys understand why GGG is against making trading easy? It says in plain black and white that if they make item trading too easy. It will further encourage people who use automation software not to mention that GGG has said they would have to nerf drop rates!

Ya’ll think this is bad? Be grateful that item trading still exists at the level it does in this game. It only took Diablo 3 one season to completely ruin their trade system. If a multibillion dollar corporation like Blizz couldn’t get it right, I actually applaud indie GGG for coming this far. My vote? No, don’t go the way of the ARPG giant that failed miserably.

I’d be all for removing the anonymity from the trade board. Put the persons PSN account name or Gamertag somewhere in this listing and it’ll be easy to spot the price fixers. “Who do I buy from? It_That_Trades or fjeodjebfjdjebebk”?
Yes.

Price fixers are very annoying and you have to sit there for a half hour to figure out which ones are actually not for sale (they will never sell them at they're asking price, they are only listing them like that hoping someone undercuts them and they buy it up) and you can only have 10 slots in your tab that you are making offers on which makes this process even more annoying.

For example, The Doctor cards. 6 of the 10 listed right now are all from one person who will never sell them even though they have a price. 2 more don't have a price listed but at least they said NFS when I asked them how much. The other 2 are listed at like 99 exalts, meaning not for sale basically.

A buy out option would pretty much ruin the price fixers. And there are price fixers for EVERYTHING that has any sort of decent value. One can only assume that GGG loves price fixers for some reason because a buy it now option isn't the only way of helping players deal with price fixers.

They could simply put their name by the items they are selling, just so we know it's the price fixer and not to waste our time on it. It wouldn't even have to be their real PSN or xbox name, it could be a number or a made up name if privacy is their concern and that would actually help a lot with this, because it's annoying trying to figure out which ones are all the same person that's price fixing. That's a real simple thing that could help, but they won't so you have to assume they want this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info