What Happened with Purposeful Harbinger

beta
Thank you so much for righting this. These interactions were clearly not intended. Seeing those stupidly overpowered builds (increased aura-effect from herald-stacking applying to a great number of "other" buffs) made me sick! I enjoy build diversity that allows people to play on same terms. This league was broken! You had to fix it. You are not nerfing anything directly, you are fixing underlying game mechanics. Yes you should have seen it already, but the faster you fix it the better for everyone. Thanks guys you're doing a great job! Game is more amazing than ever.
Recently quit Path of Exploding BULL****
Remove the Wildwood!
Remove Gambling!
Ruthless LOGIN
Last edited by hogmark on Apr 1, 2020, 11:08:44 PM
"
ekaye wrote:
As a casual player, I really don't understand this whole "league ruined two weeks in" mindset. If you can make 60 ex in the first two weeks, you can make 120 ex in a month, fund whatever ridiculous build you want, and then spend the next month and a half chasing 40/40 or whatever. It's like giving up on the league just because you can't get off work early on launch day.

It's because there's a vocal portion of this community that's comprised of incredibly entitled crybabies.

Watch RaizQT sometime and you get to see it in action, he's such a child.
Last edited by Rockell on Apr 1, 2020, 11:10:20 PM
You did the right thing.
Ok so what kind of compensations are there gonna be for the people affected? There surely has to be something when you mess up this massively wasting peoples time and currency, right?
THANK YOU FOR TRANSPARENCY, WILL GET A SUPPORTER FOR THIS :) I LOVE YOU GUYS BEST GAME MANAGEMENT EVER PLEASE NEVER CHANGE YOU ARE THE BRIGHTEST STAR IN THE SKY
:3
"It won't happen again" , it's the second time you guys telling us.
You lie to us twice.
"
xssarinx wrote:
"
Setasuna wrote:
This purposeful harbringer thing actually makes me very disappointed in GGG for not nerfing it.

It is totally broken and spoils the competitive gameplay for many players.

So you are letting these kids to get away with exploiting all these?

WTF are you talking about? It's a god damn dungeon crawler ... this isn't some esports shit .... competitive gameplay LOL ...

The whole point of the game is to build find loot, and build a powerful character. I find it funny how people who are not smart enough to understand exactly how all the game mechanics work and interact end up accusing people of "exploiting" the game because people spend the time to create charts etc to figure out the best ways to create the most powerful character the game allows?

Is it OP as all hell, hell yea it is, but it's not fair to call those players who spent the time to create the build an exploiter, they just figured out the current games most powerful interactions.

And once again, there isn't a damn thing competitive in PoE, unless you are talking about the few hundred people who might actually do PvP.

Not competitive?? The game has an economy. Economies are inherently competitive. If you are running a god build that can clear maps even 1 minute faster than others, you are making more currency and able to afford more. The more people that use these builds, the more the economy responds to the wealth of the players. This is why the vast majority of items became cheaper but build defining desirable items became more expensive by massive inflation.
Imagine now a normal build trying to now farm 30 exalts instead of 5 in an economy where most usually valuable items are worthless and prices of items you want are continuing to rise due to inflated pricing...
The point is that to be able to afford valuable items, you must compete on an economic level and purposeful harbinger simply out competed every other build by an unimaginable amount.

Anyways enough of that. Thanks Bex for the clarification and I agree that the decision to allow the build was made too hastily but circumstances were obviously not ideal for the team to make a fully informed decision.
The nerf gives me hope and makes me TRUST the team more not less as they haven't actually nerfed the build, they stuck to their word in that the original functionality (which will still be OP) is not being changed, just the unintended functionality.
Last edited by Incarcerated on Apr 1, 2020, 11:26:27 PM
"
The power level was so strong that people were skeptical that it would remain in the game in its original state, and some people avoided building around it because of this.

This~

EVERYONE knew this was a pretty good possibility. The only people salty are the ones who spent lots of currency but not enough to finish the build.

Besides..... The next most OP Universal build uses basically 90% the same build as this.~
GGG you did the right thing. Also not many company will admit their mistakes like this. Definitely a game i will continue to play as long as GGG values remain intact. You guys are awesome and my support goes to you and the staff who are working tirelessly despite this pandemic situation so all of use who are in the same situation, get to enjoy an awesome game.

Stay safe guys and i hope this message reaches you.
No to conditional challenges on top of RNG pure luck mechanics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info