[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Sttorr wrote:
Regarding boots, how do you get 60% increased effect of non-damaging ailments? Tier 1 is only 40%?

Maven's orb. You use it on an item with two influence mods of the same influence type. One mod is removed at random, the other is elevated to tier 0. Other mods are rerolled like with a chaos orb.

Double tier 0 by doing this on two items, then combining with awakener orb.
I've updated the guide a bit to clarify my cluster jewel recommendations as of late. Since Delirium, I think large clusters are much more of a high-end consideration due to the massively increased difficulty of rolling them to be efficient. I've also added a Crafting Tips section, which currently just contains the most deterministic method I know of for crafting said large cluster for those considering making their own (and also to reiterate how difficult and expensive they are to acquire). I'll probably add more crafting tips stuff going forward since I know it is a regular question, though some of the more common ones (like weapon crafting) don't really have great answers.
Good post on making the cluster jewels, glad I bought mine though! Talking about crafting, I had forgotten you can divine specific values for jewels too. Just finished this:

Jewels work particularly well due to fewer tag duplications.

Also, having specific targets for garden chaos-rolls is very useful, and something I'm not doing all the way properly yet.
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 8, 2021, 3:45:55 PM
I need some help from the totem oracles here, should I invest into a proper Large Cluster or a Watcher's Eye first?
The new helmet is very good for us since we can replace shield and get a rare one with +1 totems / +1 cold spell
4.75M shaper DPS per totem, 5 totems
standard so some gear is legacy but i can upgrade the damage a lot still with crit multi harvest + crit multi jewels, too lazy to do it :P
https://pastebin.com/JkhuVWPM
hi all, i just rolled a brutal restraint with 30% increased effect of non-damaging ailments, 25% crit chance, 10% increased duration of elemental ailments, 5% increased dex and 2x non-unique flask applied to you have 8% increased effect. is that better than clear mind ? btw in tooltip clear mind gives 8k more dmg
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Artamiz wrote:
My quisteion is How the hell do i open up on the atlas to get sirius a9.I have no clue how to open the middle one.

You get A9 Sirus by allocating uncharted realms passive points. You get those by killing the Maven (2) and completing special Maven invitations. Those include killing all breachlords then doing that invitation, or doing all the guardians.

Killing Maven will give you two uncharted points, but it doesn't actually unlock the uncharted realm on the Atlas (weird, not sure if it's intentional). You have to do one of the special invitations to actually unlock it.

Easiest is the four elder guardians I think, but all of them except breach lords are fine with even medocior gear.
Last edited by GrimzEcho on Feb 8, 2021, 11:40:05 PM
"
viperakias wrote:
hi all, i just rolled a brutal restraint with 30% increased effect of non-damaging ailments, 25% crit chance, 10% increased duration of elemental ailments, 5% increased dex and 2x non-unique flask applied to you have 8% increased effect. is that better than clear mind ? btw in tooltip clear mind gives 8k more dmg

You can do better. Tooltip damage is a good enough indication of rolling something that is better than Clear Mind. For comparison, I was able to get around 20k more tooltip damage when I rolled my brutal restraint.

I would suggest buying two or three of them (they are cheap, only ~ 7c each). Divine one until you get something better than your Clear Mind (in terms of tooltip DPS). Now use that as your base for comparison, and divine the second, until you get something better. You can keep leapfrogging the two until you run out of divines or you are good with whatever you rolled. I used ~50 divines total and ended up with two good offensive Brutal's and one good defensive one.

Keep in mind that damage isn't everything. You can also get some nice defensive and QoL rolls, such as 5% movements speed, or % extra life. Also think in terms of minimizing the number of useless mods.

This is what I use right now
* +20 dex
* 5% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill (useless)
* 20% increased elemental damage
* 20% increased projectile damage
* 5% increased dexterity
* Gain 5% of physical damage as Extra Cold Damage

I have more dexterity than is needed for Wallach's build, but I really like running a 20/23 Phase Run, and a 20/23 Divergent Dash (both of which require 155 dex). Big defensive boost for me, as I'm usually only in danger when the mobs can hit me before the first FP cast on my titem.

Also, you only listed 6 bonuses, but you should have 8 allocated notables within range of the Brutal Restraint. If you don't have the levels or passive points to hit all eight, then you probably shouldn't be replacing your Clear Mind until you get some more.

Additionally, the Lord of the Dead Passive only takes one passive point to reach and can provide a 9th Brutal Restraint mod if you roll something good on it. Depending on what, it might be worth it to refund another point somewhere else.

Last edited by GrimzEcho on Feb 9, 2021, 12:02:09 AM
Not sure if this has been asked before, but what is the reason you're not using golems?

Also, what is gem quality priority in this build?
Last edited by VinylNix on Feb 9, 2021, 12:22:15 AM
Could someone take a look at the gloves this person is selling:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/byGjnYzhL

They are all almost identical (he had around 10 pairs last I looked)
* 4-link, 3-white 1-blue
* max implicit increased spell damage
* 27% quality
* max t1 life
* max t1 Puhurate (50% increased against chilled, 48% cold resist)
* T1 - T3 lightning resist

I theorized the crafting process and potential cost and am curious if others think I'm in the ballpark.

I'm guessing he has a base magic item with:
* 4-link, 3-white, 27% quality
* max T1 life
* max t1 Puhurate

Then he uses beast imprint on the item, followed by a regal to add a mod and turn it rare? Then beast split maybe. Not sure on the odds, but is that a 33% chance to split off the single rare? Then if it hits, imprint it for a clone, if not, imprint the original and start over.

Dam, I think that is probably it, unless there is another method I'm not realizing. Didn't even know something like that was possible.

Looks like both the beast imprint and the beast split are ~ 0.5 ex each (hard to gauge, there are a lot of price fixers in the listings). So 1ex per attempt, with a 33% success rate?

So ~3ex to dupe the item, maybe another ~2 - 3xex for augment or remove/add lightning, plus bench craft, and there you go.

I wonder how much the base cost and how to craft it. I guess you could just buy a bunch of fingerless gloves with the Puhurate affix and harvest removal secondary affixes, then just remove/add life? That seems prohibitive since there are 12 other non-T1 life tags. But assuming remove/add life is selling for 1.5ex, that's still only 18ex. Or maybe just get magic fingerless incursion gloves with T1 life and an open suffix, then harvest augment cold? Looks like the only thing you can hit is either flat cold or Phurite, so then just remove/add cold until you get it. That might be cheaper. Can harvest remove turn a rare back into a magic item? If not, then I guess just alt spam until you hit both mods, but I don't even want to think about how many alteration orbs that would take.

After that Hillock quality and Vorcii white sockets are pretty cheap, maybe 1ex total. Then its just a matter of divines + reroll cold, reroll life to hit the maxes. Still, that must take a lot of attempts.

So maybe 25 - 30ex to make the base, 3ex to dupe it, 1ex to add another resist, and then sell it for 15ex ....... dam, not a bad strategy at all.

Any mistakes I made in my guesses? Kind of brilliant. Might be worth it to try and do the same thing and unercut him/her, lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info