Path of Exile is going VULKAN. Most under-rated news out of Exilecon...

"
Nephalim wrote:
Will this help me run poe at 100 fps steady on my gtx 1080ti?

This is a hilarious question, due to the mere fact that it exists.

I'll ask a similar one:

Will Vulkan help me run PoE and rarely dip below 30fps on my GTX980?

(That's a genuine question, bois.)

Edit: Never mind. I tried it, and it was super buggy and broken. Guess they still have some work to do on it yet.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Jun 14, 2020, 5:04:47 AM
Actualy was pretty amazed by the vulkan renderer.
It isnt even using full potential yet in POE and I already got on avarage 2 times more FPS. From average 50 to average 100 with even less spikes/jumps in between.
"
herflik wrote:
Actualy was pretty amazed by the vulkan renderer.
It isnt even using full potential yet in POE and I already got on avarage 2 times more FPS. From average 50 to average 100 with even less spikes/jumps in between.

What GPU are you using? When I switch to Vulkan from DX11 I drop about 50FPS in crowded towns. I cap my FPS at 141 for G-Sync reasons but have no real FPS drops with DX11 enabled. Steady 141fps while grinding away. With Vulkan enabled I have a flat 91fps in town and about 101fps in the grind.

I'm on older Nvidia Maxwell GPUs GTX Titan X. Albeit I'm substantially overclocked and regularly outperform 1080TIs in most games. I haven't read up much on Vulkan and I'm assuming I get the FPS drop I'm seeing just because of older sets of instructions/architecture being used.

And for anyone else that may have an answer to this. Is SLI compatibility gone in PoE now? I've just come back after taking some time off and noticed I can't even get a custom SLI profile to work in PoE. Heavy frame drop and stutter, that never happened before. I used to be able to sit with max settings at around 300-350fps with rare down spikes into the 150fps range. Resolution 2560x1440. So I've had to run the game with a single GPU now. (This could be Nvidia's BS tactic of removing SLI from older products to promote sales of newer supply and nothing to do with PoE).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info