[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Reposting in case it was missed, or ignored.

Alright, I am here again with a slightly updated POB, with request to help me figure out what is needed to tank Maven memory game/Sirus Meteor maze.

https://pastebin.com/TrHU8zkK

I have a sneaking suspicion I will be told to get more energy shield, which is a valid argument and I will do so if that is indeed the case.

I am also aware that those boss attacks might require flasks to tank, which I am ok with as well.

What I am trying to understand is, how much damage do they do and what damage type while looking at my effective health pool.

Any help if once again greatly appreciated!
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Reposting in case it was missed, or ignored.

Alright, I am here again with a slightly updated POB, with request to help me figure out what is needed to tank Maven memory game/Sirus Meteor maze.

https://pastebin.com/TrHU8zkK

I have a sneaking suspicion I will be told to get more energy shield, which is a valid argument and I will do so if that is indeed the case.

I am also aware that those boss attacks might require flasks to tank, which I am ok with as well.

What I am trying to understand is, how much damage do they do and what damage type while looking at my effective health pool.

Any help if once again greatly appreciated!

I did a video about this, with 90% all ele res and use flask for further ele dmg mitigation, time your molten shell well and that’s it. Memory explosion I could tank with just 1-2 flask, the brain explosion will need all flask because you can’t block in that one. As for the exact number, the memory explosion in final phase does max 64,000 x 6 burst so it’s 384,000 raw ele dmg. You can look Ayh the numbers here https://poedb.tw/us/The_Maven#TheMavenTheMavenEnraged_. The raw number sounds scary but with my setup I’ll need only 6K ES to make it work.

Honestly, the brain (nucleus of maven) explosion is harder to tank because you can’t block that.

Check out the video for more details, I tanked both explosions multiple times, some failures (mostly mis-time) too so you don’t repeat my mistake 🙂 https://youtu.be/p6zmpX747cg

As for Sirus Maze (yes I tanked it too), it’s 33,000 of phys (25%) lightning (25%), fire (25%) and chaos dmg (25%). So if you already have 90% ele res, then just make sure you cap your chaos res. The timing is harder to get than maven’s so will take a few tries 🙂
Last edited by hadc on Mar 26, 2022, 8:35:34 PM
Cold DOTs that goes Boom Boom anyone? I made a version with Profane Bloom (dropped Malediction) but still have 13 mil max DPS. See video below for T16 100% Deli and Simulacrum Wave 30 showcase. Cheers everyone!

https://youtu.be/eTwEzwr7AJ4
"
hadc wrote:
Cold DOTs that goes Boom Boom anyone? I made a version with Profane Bloom (dropped Malediction) but still have 13 mil max DPS. See video below for T16 100% Deli and Simulacrum Wave 30 showcase. Cheers everyone!

Very nice! I love how you keep trying new stuff and pushing the envelope!

Question: how much DPS does profane bloom actually give? as usual POB seems unintuitive! and I couldn't find my answer on reddit/google yet. I thought it wouldn't be much since we don't scale chaos damage? so it's probably not a very big pop?

"
hadc wrote:

Anyone else here planning to play Gauntlet? It took me 9 tries to get past Act10 in 3.16, that’s actually my first HCSSF experience lol. Really looking forward to doing it again, hopefully it won’t take so many tries this time 😅

Probably not me. I hate levelling afresh and hardcore doesn't really appeal to me! I die way way too often haha (314 times this league!). Tempting for the chance at prizes of course.
"
kingkano wrote:
"
hadc wrote:

Very nice! I love how you keep trying new stuff and pushing the envelope!

Question: how much DPS does profane bloom actually give? as usual POB seems unintuitive! and I couldn't find my answer on reddit/google yet. I thought it wouldn't be much since we don't scale chaos damage? so it's probably not a very big pop?

"
hadc wrote:

Anyone else here planning to play Gauntlet? It took me 9 tries to get past Act10 in 3.16, that’s actually my first HCSSF experience lol. Really looking forward to doing it again, hopefully it won’t take so many tries this time 😅

Probably not me. I hate levelling afresh and hardcore doesn't really appeal to me! I die way way too often haha (314 times this league!). Tempting for the chance at prizes of course.

Profane bloom scales with monster’s life so we don’t need to invest in Chaos dmg. It’s really just for much better clear and won’t help in single target DPS at all, in fact I lost DPS because I dropped Malediction for it. I thought I might switch back to Malediction but I’m having too much fun popping monsters. To be honest, I still have enough DPS to clear every content in the game so it’s all fun!

We got to try new things and keep it fresh, can’t be playing the same thing over and over again 🙂
"
hadc wrote:

Profane bloom scales with monster’s life so we don’t need to invest in Chaos dmg. It’s really just for much better clear and won’t help in single target DPS at all, in fact I lost DPS because I dropped Malediction for it. I thought I might switch back to Malediction but I’m having too much fun popping monsters. To be honest, I still have enough DPS to clear every content in the game so it’s all fun!

We got to try new things and keep it fresh, can’t be playing the same thing over and over again 🙂

Thanks. I'm considering adding profane bloom, keeping malediction, using the flame/flesh jewels. I like the current game play with the curses etc just want a nice clear to level to 100 using double beyond or similar. The single target currently is more than fine, I have been doing bossing lately (shaper, elder, uber elder, then invitations).
Last edited by kingkano on Mar 27, 2022, 11:09:17 AM
"
kingkano wrote:
"
hadc wrote:

Thanks. I'm considering adding profane bloom, keeping malediction, using the flame/flesh jewels. I like the current game play with the curses etc just want a nice clear to level to 100 using double beyond or similar. The single target currently is more than fine, I have been doing bossing lately (shaper, elder, uber elder, then invitations).

Yes, vile bastion or Malediction stones are not too expensive (compared to heart of destruction) and adds a lot of value to this build. I might even switch to one of those just to have Malediction for single target DPS. But double beyond really is quite risky for levelling, so you might want to consider safer but more boring option LOL. I did bosses for a while too but the return is really not great except maybe i86 watchstones, now just trying to finish a few more challenges.
First off, thanks Shak for creating this guide. I really enjoy this build!

SSF players, what is your strategy for content with strong AOE requirements? Ritual, breach, blighted maps? Other content works well, but I'm struggling hard on those three specifically. Actually, I don't care about ritual or breach - but I've always enjoyed the blight mechanic, and an anointed amulet would be nice, right?

I have not even anointed my rings, because I've failed every single blighted map (always open maps without choke points) and consequently didn't get oil from those. And the small blight encounters are easy, but yield little oil.

One lazy answer would be: you need more DPS. But reistance/ES/attribute requirements don't leave a lot of room in SSF. Any secret I'm missing? Or do SSF players skip certain content until they ... until what?

Thanks for your input :)
nZain
"
nZain wrote:
First off, thanks Shak for creating this guide. I really enjoy this build!

SSF players, what is your strategy for content with strong AOE requirements? Ritual, breach, blighted maps? Other content works well, but I'm struggling hard on those three specifically. Actually, I don't care about ritual or breach - but I've always enjoyed the blight mechanic, and an anointed amulet would be nice, right?

I have not even anointed my rings, because I've failed every single blighted map (always open maps without choke points) and consequently didn't get oil from those. And the small blight encounters are easy, but yield little oil.

One lazy answer would be: you need more DPS. But reistance/ES/attribute requirements don't leave a lot of room in SSF. Any secret I'm missing? Or do SSF players skip certain content until they ... until what?

Thanks for your input :)
nZain

Specifically for blight, I use the minion + empower tower strategy that was shared by Zizaran maybe 2-3 leagues back. Still works well and once those are set up I don’t usually need to do much even when my DPS is Low. There’s also a newer method that used stun tower since last league (Tripolar?) but I’m not familiar with that, it’s advertise to even AFK high tier blight maps when set up properly.

Conventional Cold DOT (vortex & coldSnap) is unfortunately not good for legion or breach but I thought WTB should solve that problem? I’m doing Vortex and coldSnap but with profane bloom now and my DPS is high so I have no problem with any of those..
If go HC with Vaal Cold Snap:
1) what links are good for vaal cold snap (6L)
2) what passives to take instead of brand nodes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info